Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

say no to bats posted:

In Red State America, we pity the struggling billionaires of the league who are being viciously attacked by the undeserving workers. Stephen Ross is 1.1 billion dollars poorer and down to ONLY 3.4 billion? Players have to cave and cave NOW!

Someone used this exact same logic in FinHeaven.com and when someone pointed out that the franchise itself was increasing in value, the guy said "Who cares? My house might increase in value but it doesn't matter to me unless I have the cash in my bank account"

We have some real savvy entrepreneurs over there at FinHeaven.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Even though the dude was like 40 I'm gonna guess he's a renter.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Quotaback

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
LAUGH ALL YOU WANT but REMEMBER... I SAID WE WERE GOING TO FINISH 11-3!

We finished 7-6 but we lost 3 games by a margin that is well within the average margin of loss and because of a sequence of events that happen to every NCAA team, every single year!?! I'M A PROPHET!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Half of their losses were within the average margin of loss.

I was just pointing out him saying "We only lost by 3! Then again by 5! WE WERE SO CLOSE"

It's a pretty scary message board when BINC is the voice of reason in terms of homers

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

terrin posted:

I think Crazy meant general football average, not the average for that team, but I could be wrong

Correcto.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah! Stupid f@g kickers always winnin the games in a cheap way :mad:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Sash! posted:

Brain power of a pilot?

1) Taxi to runway, effectively the same as driving your car.
2) Set flaps and throttles, according to preset charts for aircraft type and weight.
3) Set autobrakes.
4) Engage throttles.
5) At predetermined speed, pull back on yoke.
6) When aircraft reaches positive rate of climb, engage flight director and retract gear.
7) Aircraft will now fly itself to its destination, and if you're fancy land itself when it gets there. (You will have to turn on the auto-land).

Congratulations, you now have the brain power of a pilot.

Yeah man being a pilot is seriously no big deal just dial a couple of numbers and throw back some beers right?! (I can't tell if you genuinely think what you posted but if you do then you are retarded)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Haha yeah, for his size, vick is definitely the biggest arm in the NFL. The only two arms that are bigger are probably Cutler and... hum. Freeman maybe, he's got an absolute cannon.

And now that he's "in the league", Mallet. He's got an absolutely ridiculous arm.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus christ.

ALL WE HAVE IS OUR CODE

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It never ceases to amaze me.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What's the tat of?

And Matt Hass is easily one of the most likeable players in the NFL by far.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good luck competing with FinHeaven boys. Gator Day is a huge conspiracy by Stephen Ross

JCane;1064068983 posted:

The more and more I think about this the more and more I see this as a wise business move on the part of that big-eared freak, Stephen Ross.

I've crushed this dude for the past couple of years because of the impact his utter buffonery has had on this program.

But finally, I see the light and I believe I see his vision.

This dude knew what he was doing by going after Harbaugh publicly. It was a move that I was stunned with at first because I felt like he was disrespecting Tony Sparano in the absolute worst possible way and I felt like the players would see this and quit on Sparano this season. That reason alone was the foundation of my 5-11 prediction before the season began. Perhaps Ross pursued Harbaugh to help Harbaugh have leverage in a deal with whatever West Coast team might come along. It's no secret that Ross and Harbaugh have a personal relationship outside of football because both are Michigan Alum. So Ross "appears" to be hard after Harbaugh in the media when in reality, it's nothing more than camouflage.

Harbaugh "reportedly" turns down the Miami job and Ross returns to tell Sparano that he's the guy and gives him a one-year extension. This one-year extension to me now appears to be a tactic to cover Ross' *** when he does indeed fire him. It looks as if Ross gave Sparano every opportunity imaginable and even stuck with him thru this losing season and all of the failure is on Sparano.

Behind the scenes, Ross understands the importance of a true franchise QB in this league. So he now has his plan all set-up. Sparano remains the coach of the team after being disrespected, and in-turn, the players probably see this as a sign of weakness from their "leader" and as a result, they're not playing hard for Tony.

So now Ross sees another dilemma—the Denver Broncos. The Cleveland game was a possible win but we were on the road and the Browns are much improved. If you look back at staff predictions, I even said that many of us were over looking improved teams such as the Cleveland Browns. But the Denver game is different. Ross seen this as a "Suck for Luck" kind of game if you will. Denver is a team that would certainly take Luck if they were in position to and they're a team that will not win a lot of games this season.

So what do you do? You honor Tim Tebow and the 2008 Florida Gators. You alienate your community for the time being and you bring in all the booger-eating rednecks that you possibly can to see their false idol back in the great state of Florida once again. Now, I think Ross "lucked" out with Tebow being named the starter. To me, that's just a coincidence but I'm sure Ross lifted his arms in victory when that announcement was made. So NOW, you have these trailer park rejects loading up the campers and heading down the turnpike to see their false God START. You've alienated your community, Hurricane fans for the most part refuse to go to this game, you sold your soul to the Devil by honoring the 2008 national champion Gator team along with the opposing team's STARTING QB...and get this...Denver has had two weeks to prepare for this game AND they get the Dolphins on a short week as we played Monday night.

We have a lot stacked against us on Sunday and part of me thinks that Ross planned it all perfectly. Tim Tebow is not a great QB by any standard, but that dude is built for games such as this. As much as I hate Tim Tebow, that kid is a winner and knows how to rise up. He'll be out there to put on a show for the Bronco fans in attendance (30%-40% of the stadium is what I hear) as well as the legions of identical twin cousins rolling down from that dump they call Gainesville.

The more and more I look at this, the more and more I'm beginning to believe that this is a truly brilliant business move by the man in charge.

Is Ross secretly on board with this whole "Suck for Luck" campaign?

This guy is a HUGE Canes fan... and surprisingly did not go to UM! But he has connections in the administration, and can guarantee us that the Palm Beach Post's report that UM declined "Canes Day" was in fact false.

When it was brought to his attention that only 3500 tickets were sold the 48 hours after "Gator Day" was announced, he then mentions that Gator fans are too poor to afford game tickets. He then later says they have nothing else to do but go to Gator games (of course, when mentioned that UF has great attendance at all their home/bowl games)

The logic is flawless.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 19, 2011

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I dunno man smith is kinda playing like a top 5 receiver right now. He just makes incredible catches in traffic.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Haha I was just thinking that

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah I was about to say. Rice was robbed of that long TD run so Steelers fans complaining about officiating is hilarious to me.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
His accuracy is not really that much better. They are both erratic and both sometimes throw beautifully accurate passes.

The rest is beyond true. Newton is 10 times faster releasing the ball.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It doesn't help that the officiating was one sided, but I dont think it was that difference. The Lions had two MAJOR opportunities to take that game back (dropped INT, failure to stop them on 4th down) and didn't capitalize.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There's a new thread in finheaven "Your realistic free agency + first 3 NFL draft picks"

Of course literally 90% of the posts are -

1) PEYTON MANNING
2) MARIO WILLIAMS
3) TRADE 1 2 3 TO ST LOUIS AND GRAB RG3

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Once you break that fucker it's realllyyyyy easy to break again, though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Breaky posted:

No, generally a broken bone once healed doesn't make you any more likely to break it again.

Stuff like dislocations and separations etc can make you more sensitive to re-injury.

Unless, and this would never happen, it was set at some horrendous angle then healed out of position. THEN, maybe yeah it could break more easily.

This goes against everything I was told after breaking my nose for the second time. And yeah I was wrong about the collar bone being easy to break after it's broken. Its just flat out easy to break.

No idea why its easier to break your nose after you break it though. Next time I see my ENT I'll ask him what the hell

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 14, 2012

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Breaky posted:

Nose is cartilage.

Or did you have a really nasty one where you broke the bone above that?

I have the bump, which apparently is a sign that I hosed her up badly.

Actually remembering it... yeah I hosed it up pretty bad.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
A poster who continuously has made really ridiculous points the entire season finally got to me when he said "Matt Moore had a shot to perform in Carolina in his second season. He proved he was a fluke. I dont care about his concussion excuse, you can still perform at a high level."

I pointed out and posted articles that showed just how serious his symptoms were, and how damaging it was.

I wrote maybe 3 paragraphs including a link to Sidney Crosby's symptoms and timeline showing just how serious they are. His immediate two replies?

Casas9425;1064210586 posted:

No excuses. You have to outperform Jimmy Clausen. He was medically cleared to play.

Casas9425;1064210590 posted:

The NFL is an unforgiving league and unfortunately concussions are part of the game. If a player doesn't want to play through brutal injuries then he should play another sport.

I then showed him the articles discussing how the Browns are under investigation for clearing Colt McCoy to play, and how medical staffs are sometimes not the best judges of what is and is not actually medically cleared. I again wrote up way too much with way too many links and information. I even gave a personal experience with a close family friend who, now dead, played for the Dolphins in the early 90s and would constantly tell my dad that he doesn't remember a lot of games, because he was shoved back out there after suffering multiple concussions. His death caught national attention after he donated his brain to science. After he retired he became distant from us and from all intents and purposes, he was a changed man. He started to be standoffish and less fun loving. I never understood that maybe the concussions and brain damage could have such an effect on something so "personality" driven.

http://www.bu.edu/cste/case-studies/john-grimsley/
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C03E7DB153DF937A1575AC0A96E9C8B63

He had a simple one sentence reply.

Casas9425;1064210573 posted:

No excuses. He was medically cleared to play and he sucked.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Thank God for TFF. Honestly my brain hurts that there is someone out there who is so loving ignorant with facts and information staring him right in the face.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
NO. HE WAS CLEARED.

CLEARED I TELL YOU.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That guys facebook is a motha fuckin RAINBOW! He can't be racist!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This man was quoting a poster who said "Honestly, I just have a problem with the negative attention that Brandon Marshall brings with him, plus the moral dilemma about his victims typically being women" (more or less) when someone asked why anyone cares about a player off the field.

StuartE;1064245452 posted:

LOL at this post. We are not trying to win humanitarian awards here. Trying to win games. I dont give two **** s about the women he hit. She was probably out of line. Should have just taken the PR hit, it doesnt matter.

She was probably out of line

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Next time I see Sophia post Im going to "forum backhand" her, because she's getting pretty out of line lately

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Kicker, not punter. How DARE you :mad:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo Spurrier punted in the pros? I was talking college when he made that game winning FG after Florida's kicker said he couldn't make (a 50 yarder or something). That's awesome.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

The team was 1-15 when he took over and in danger of falling into a Detroit Lions style hole and now they're mediocre and that's partly because of underachieving because of coaching. That's not a bad point.

People forget just how void of talent that entire team was. Now Miami has a pretty good nucleus of talent but can't seem to put it together.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

People at patsfans.com are completely losing their poo poo over the Trayvon Wilson pick. Apparently the 1st round never happened and Belichick has no idea what he's doing with his draft picks. :rolleyes:

Your guys 1st round was a legitimate B+/A- for need/value/talent

The rest of your draft was pretty lovely, to be absolutely honest. If Denarrd gets off then its an insane steal. If not, it's a wasted pick.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don't think a 7th round pick can ever really be considered a "waste."

And the DE in the 3rd round seems like a solid situational pass rusher.

He was a 4th round DE. New England reached consistently through this draft, which is something they can afford to do with their number of picks and quality of team right now.

I know this hurts to think, but Bill Belichick didn't have a good draft. He doesn't need one, obviously, but he had a pretty crappy 2-7.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Considering that the majority of 2nd round picks that were deemed "steals" made during Belichick tenure completely bombed (Butler, Wheatley, Jackson, etc) I'm not too down about it. If it doesn't work out, oh well that's the norm.

Yup, that's exactly why I also have the caveat giving the Patriots a lovely grade in that they dont really need to go for value anymore. They're at a point where they are above it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

blankoblanco posted:

Hard not to be miles better when last year they were probably the worst in the league. To now say the Jags have one of the best WR corps in the league, thanks largely to a rookie and Lee Evans? I don't see how that's anything but "totally unreasonable"

Well, maybe he meant strength in a relative term, because on the Jaguars... it's probably one of their most talented positions now.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I love that guy and I wish he posted here.

Also I think he might be Ehud's coworker

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Im not sure Id want Eli Manning kicking my field goals

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Guys guys guys lets remember what is important...

Matt Moore is top 10

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Psh the Redskins are a V8? That's weak. The Panthers are rolling with a CAMMED UP V10

(get it?!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I've read it all...

This is from a Jets fan who posts constantly on FinHeaven. First he says this

nyjunc;1064320690 posted:

I don't make excuses, I state facts. I bashed him for his poor play to end 2011, I priased him for his excellent play in postseason and his good season for a rookie in '09 and good season overall in '10. If he sucks this year i'll say so, when he has a good year I'll applaud.

I've followed this tam a long time, this is the first time in my life we have a young QB who is good, durable and I know we can win it all with. i'm not giving that up for 1st rd picks or fantasy QBs that melt under January pressure.

"crapped the bed vs. SD"- when you post nonsense like this you just look so silly, he played very well against SD and was a key to helping the team win. you just don't understand this game if you think he "crapped the bed".

LT said coddled? who cares? LT's former SD teammates hated him when he left too, many of sanchez's current teammates came to his defense.

Schaub: never led team to playoffs, gets hurt, Houston makes playoffs
Rivers: sanchez beat him head to head and outplayed him, has made one title game in his 6 seasons starting and only made it after getting hurt and w/ Billy Volek leading GW drive. has thrown at least i INT in EVERY playoff game he has played in. In 7 playoff gamesd has 8 Tds and 9 INTs(3-4), in 6 playoff games Sanchez has 9 TDs and 3 INTs(4-2)
Ryan: did you see him against the Giants? 0-3 in postseason, has thrown 4 INTs in just 3 games(Sanchez has 3 in 6 games)

but yeah I'd trade my QB for those "great" fantasy QBs

He said "Sanchez is by far the best QB in the AFC East behind Brady, Moore + Fitzpatrick are garbage time QBs who score without pressure. Anyone saying otherwise is just giving a bad opinion." This was his response to someone saying that he's just giving an opinion on Sanchez.

Someone made a joke about him being sensitive because the Jets are the little brother to the Giants. We got this gem.

nyjunc;1064320732 posted:

yeah, matt Moore had tremendous pressure to win which is why when he hd a chance to save their season he flopped but when the season was over he performed EXACTLY like he did in Carolina.

A fact is Eli is NOT elite and the Jets are elite 2009-2011

I guess the company line is about 2nd team reps? did Tom Brady get 1st team reps in 2001?

Sanchez had a million things work against him last year and still had us at 8-8 in bad season.

I'd love Matt Moore as a backup he's a not a starter in this league if you want to win, it's been proven you can win bug w/ Mark sanchez.

And the finale... when someone said "Team success does not equal elite for Sanchez, look at Trent Dilfer" and we got this bad boy

nyjunc;1064320982 posted:

what about him? he was an underrated QB, notice how many SBs Baltimore has been to since Trent?

You heard it here, folks.

• Locked thread