Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grozz Nuy posted:

Not strictly a forum, but a commenter on a Niners camp report story has some... eloquent thoughts about Michael Crabtree.

A lot of Niners fans dislike Crabtree and I'm used to seeing that online... but Jesus Christ, 'Failtree'?

It's somehow worse than Cashtree, which is what I hear my girlfriend's otherwise extremely intelligent, and extremely intelligent about football specificially, dad call him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I think the problem with 49ers beat writers is Jerry was around for so long they hitch their wagon to the fact that every highly-touted WR is going to be Jerry. Then when they don't live up to the perceived hype, they attack.

That and Jerry Rice was known for his work ethic and since being here Crabtree has been to like one day of OTAs or preseason minicamp.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

28 yards. It's burned into my brain.

Alex you're so bad but so good sometimes :allears:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I wouldn't be bringing up 4-3 when you're 3-5...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Suddenly vibrating dolphins avs would make sense.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The Patriots gimmick: be odiously good at every level of offense

The Patriots Gimmick: Tom Brady. This is the year the league finally catches up with this gimmick QB.

His gimmick is that he's one of the best QBs ever. How cheap is that?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Not another football forum but I had someone just defend the LSU punter TD excessive celebration to me on Facebook. His defense was, "act like you've been there."

HE'S A PUNTER. HE HAS NEVER BEEN THERE. THIS WILL BE HIS FIRST AND LAST TASTE OF THE END ZONE.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

JetsGuy posted:

He also ran loving from the damned opposite 35 yard line to get there. Officially it's less than that, but that's where he got the snap before he faked the punt.

So yeah, he deserves to be able to do the (minor) arms in air taunt he did.

My defense was basically, "if you don't want to get styled on by a punter, don't let him score a touchdown on you."

Chichevache posted:

Why does everyone hate fun?:negative:

Seriously. That play ruled and if I was that punter, we wouldn't be having this argument. My celebration would have been so excessive.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

What did Kaep do in a press conference

Isn't Buster Posey. Has tattoos. I've seen all the press conferences and he just Harbaughs the answers.

Sports writer tears, basically.

And it's tangential but this guy thinks LeBron James knows how to carry himself??? Has he ever seen anything revolving around LeBron James?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

So the Seahawks signed Noted Rapist Perish Cox. I wonder what the Field Gulls comments have to say about it

:stonk:

Holy poo poo balls that's... a thing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Rap posted:

ahahaha I am literally laughing out loud at this oh my god

I love that people like this are usually religious and don't want God out of the Christmas holiday and the person has some sort of modicum of decorum about it. This woman is posting about "holiday trees" like we post about bad roster moves.

"AW NOW WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS rear end in a top hat poo poo BAG DOING?"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Yes if I were to figure out a weak link on Seattle its the defense. I mean what the hell?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Every stupid jerk on SB Nation sucks.

CC: Benne.

Real talk though, Niners Nation is pretty awesome. Their 90 in 90 outlining every single person on the roster & at training camp over a 3 month span is something I look forward to every year.

Edit: I apparently lit the Benne-signal

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I love people who defend speeding. There's the accepted 5-10 over the speed limit that everybody does but people act like going 90 in a 45 isn't a problem. I did injury auto insurance claims for a while. Nothing like a burnt corpse to make you ensure you stay near the speed limit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I've seen... I think, 4(?) burnt corpses. Pictures only though not in person.

Now that I do auto inspections I see stuff like scalp in windshields :stonk:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Danica! posted:

Just a tip.

Its every fan base. Ever.

My fan base literally stabs itself in the parking lot of the rundown shitbox where we play*

*played

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That dude is probably a massive Lowell Cohn fan:

Lowell Cohn posted:

I was not in Santa Clara today. I just read the transcript of Colin Kaepernick’s interview with the media, a transcript provided by the Niners. Kaepernick said: 1) He did not watch the Monday night game in which Seattle, San Francisco’s next opponent, participated. 2) He speaks to the media only because his contract obligates him to.

Here is my response, and I hope Kaepernick returns to Earth long enough to read it.

I am appalled that the 49ers starting quarterback did not tune in to the Monday night game when 6 days later he would be facing one of the teams.

Very immature and a missed opportunity to watch how the Seahawks attacked Drew Brees and attempted to cover his receivers.

Also, he missed the chance to listen to Jon Gruden’s analysis of the Seahawks defense. Maybe Gruden had a perspective or points of interest that the 49ers coaching staff has not presented to their quarterbacks.

Missed opportunity to learn in an external environment without coaches speaking their rhetoric.

Bad….bad…..bad.

Lack of maturity to understand his obligations for him to say that he signed a contract to play football, not to engage the media.

Bill Walsh had players at every annual training camp sit for a media seminar so they would understand their obligation as well as their protocol for dealing with the media.

Maybe Kaepernick forgets that it is the fans in the stands who pay his salary and they get their news and impressions of the players from the media who work hard to do an honest job.

Immature.

His whole interview shows his immaturity. Chris Ault surely did not teach him to be so disrespectful to the media at UNR. They begged for media exposure as a member of a non-qualifying conference.

Obviously, totally reflecting the disdain of Jim Harbaugh when dealing with the media.

What a shame. When CK was drafted he seemed like such a nice kid.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Morby posted:

That is a terrible article. Surly that was just click-bait, right?

It's less click-bait, more literal crotchety old man.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It was after 7, what is he, a farmer?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

On Auburn Legacy player Reshaun Evans signing with Bama over Auburn:

That's a fine piece of fiction that guy dreamed up.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chichevache posted:

That's why I'm so glad my school is division 3. Just try getting excited about an all white basketball team. TRY IT

My alma mater is Div I but had no football team. Our biggest sports were soccer (NCAA champ while I was there one & runner up another time), Women's Basketball and binge drinking. I literally cannot fathom their mindset.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

You know it. ¡Olé!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The best part about that feed is him RTing someone who asserts that Wilson is only going to demand $10 mill/yr. :laffo: DangeRuss's gonna get paid.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chichevache posted:

What is a pixie girl?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Is that a meme on top of another meme?

No clue, I just GISed Zooey Deschanel. Looks like a poorly chosen picture to meme to me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Not a football post but this is something some on said to me yesterday:

"Look, one guy lost his mind for a split second. He hit his wife. It happens.

The other guy decided to smoke pot, found a dealer, went to him, exchanged money for the pot, went to the store and bought papers or a bong or whatever, loaded up the pot, lit it and decided to smoke it. Probably repeatedly. He made a series of decisions, the other guy just lost his cool for one second. The suspensions make sense."

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm actually sort of befuddled by people who haven't heard bell cow back. To be fair I'm filtering through where I've heard it and it's usually in fantasy football circles. That might be the difference.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

America Needs A New Team

If you watched the NFC Playoff game and you are an honest to goodness fan of the NFL first before your team affiliation, then you should be disturbed by the outcome of this “contest” between the 12-4 Dallas Cowboys and the 11-5 Detroit Lions. I’m not a Cowboys fan but I’m also not a Cowboys hater. What I am is a long time fan of the NFL, 36 years to be exact and I have seen outcomes that resembled this but this was egregious on so many levels for me as a fan of the game. The argument was discussed about two or three months ago but I believe it requires revisiting. I truly wonder if America doesn’t need a new team as representative. The Dallas Cowboys, as fine a franchise as they have been for decades, are no longer fitting to hold the title of America’s Team. This game’s outcome is not the reason why, just additional fruit from a poisonous tree.

Exhibit #1: THE FAN BASE IS ONE OF THE WORST IN HISTORY: It’s not because of the numbers because they could win or, at least, be a top contender for the most popular team in the NFL. The problem is that their fan base is one of the most fickle we have ever witnessed and loyalty is harder to find than a needle in a haystack. Finding a true die-hard fan of the Cowboys is as futile as trying to catch the wind with your hands. They are not committed to this team unless all the cards are stacked in their favor. Case in point. Check the numbers of the fans that turned in their season tickets early in the season. Loyalty? Not!

Exhibit #2: LOPSIDED MEDIA COVERAGE: If you really need an example then I have even more concerns. Whether you are watching a local football game on CBS or FOX on a Sunday or you’re picking up the NFL Redzone, you will notice (and I have) that no matter what the score of the games are that are on at the same time and how competitive those games are, you will only see the Cowboys “in the box”. Turn to ESPN and tell me what team is highlighted more than any other. How many minutes are spent on sound bytes, press conferences, and other assorted stories and interviews. It’s not rhetoric. Take a pen and paper and watch one of the broadcasts. In one full hour’s time, you will see that they will use more than 20% of the total time and that figure is generous. When I think about America, I think about opportunity and hard working people who make their dreams come true out of adverse and unfair circumstances. I think about freedom and I think about choice. I think about the people deciding what they like, not being force fed what they are supposed to like. Know any news or sports coverage that sounds like that?

EXHIBIT #3: RECENT POLLS SHOW THAT THE AMERICA SUPPOSEDLY REPRESENTED DO NOT CONSIDER DALLAS AMERICA’S TEAM ANYMORE: There was a Harris poll in September that showed without question that the Denver Broncos are considered America’s Team. They are the nation’s favorite team. There has been 14 total polls such as these. Dallas was voted No. 1 only once out of fourteen times since 1998. In the poll in 2014, the Boys were in 4th place. That’s high but that’s not the country’s favorite by far. To think that America considers this team their favorite and they have had more than ten years of mediocrity says something about our country then and I have more faith in the U.S.A. than that.

And lastly, EXHIBIT #4: AMERICA SHOULDN’T ENABLE MEDIOCRITY: Before this year, which has been a rousing success so far, this team has been mediocre or worse in the last five years. They shouldn’t be made to represent the average NFL fan when they are unable to show continuity and maintain excellence and integrity on and off the field. The organization as a whole still has some serious issues that their recent success has covered up quite nicely. The divide between coach and GM is still an issue. Garrett can be out on his ear after the next loss. Nothing is guaranteed and very few things are in this organization. There is little consistency and that alone doesn’t instill confidence in even the die-hard fan. Even their star WR is not a lock to be on the team next year. We have plenty of fair-weather fans in every sport we support. The fans are already showing through the aforementioned polls that they want their voice heard. Flag on the play! We want a new team to represent our America that actually has integrity and can win games that really matter without the air of impropriety.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I played AAU basketball (poorly) freshman and sophomore year, and played with/against some young guys who had gotten and were getting attention. I can tell you the parents have the exact opposite reaction.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dikembe is hilarious.

now that theyre bad he is suck no? He cant pass long or short or even run anymore.

^---- thats future av text poo poo there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That area on The Alameda is pretty sweet. I'm stuck in the west San Jose/Santa Clara/Cupertino mega-suburb

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Suspending your quarterback 4 games for maybe tampering with footballs: literally the Holocaust.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Vongayze Buttfuck too. Guy got too much into his own head.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Vongayze Turdfict?

Edit: why are we doing this, I feel dumber doing this

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Brock has been so mopey ever since he raped that girl life just isn't fair

Also this is basically a response to this:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/heres-the-powerful-letter-the-stanford-victim-read-to-her-ra

That dad can gently caress right off and die because his dumbass son ruined the poo poo out of that girl's life.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 6, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

These articles are lazy as poo poo and I'm so tired of them. You are cherry picking morons for clicks. There are 7 billion people in this world some have lovely opinions.

Then it echo chambers and people act like these morons are on every corner.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I feel very conflicted about the places I have been online recently that I knew it right away

Sometimes you gotta stare into the abyss, man

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tarell Brown, who was let go by a CB needy 49ers team like 3 years ago then a CB needy Raiders team like 2 years ago then flushed out of the league.

He's in the top half of that group in terms of "might actually help, maybe"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

v2vian man posted:

sometimes i wonder if neil tyson deserves a hundredth of the praise nerds give him

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

NDT is extremely smart but also an insufferable turd.

Because he knows he's extremely smart.

• Locked thread