Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Kalli posted:

I present to you the most unreadable thing: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=448360

A month long, 63 page thread that almost instantly devolves into Peyton vs Brady and stays there, forever.

This pisses me off so much and I wish Jaws, Gruden, and everyone else who talks like this would loving die:

quote:

as compared to other great QB's like the Montana's, Brady's, Elway's, Aikmans etc....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004
I thought it was a little weird how much media coverage that got.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

ACoolT5 posted:

Wait, is this actually a thing that people focus on? Huh, who knew that Alabama has so little going on controversy-wise that THIS is a topic of conversation.

Yeah there was a bunch of phoney outrage on sportscenter for a couple days about Nick Saban being "abusive" or some poo poo. Meanwhile, Brett Favre would spank everyone on the field during the course of the game, including the umpire, and that earned him the title of "enthusiastic leader."

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Ben is not cool posted:

McCarron deserved any abuse that he got in that clip, plus more. Bama was up 27 on a team who just had a teammate die from brain cancer and were in no shape to play anyone, and McCarron, on his own, decided that he would chuck a 50 yard pass into the end zone. It was even predetermined that State would not be "rammer jammer'd" by the band after the game because of the sorry state they were in.

They were up by 17 and Saban was more likely pissed because it was a dumb throw that should never have been made, regardless of the circumstances.

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

quote:

imagine God confirming his will to you, and Greed parents rob you of your blessing. It’s sickening.

Huh? Does this have anything to do with Trooper Taylor telling kids that "God wants you to go to Auburn"?

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

Ben is not cool posted:

From some auburn fan via tigerdroppings, in relation to the SEC West story that is about to drop from yahoo:

Somebody just pointed out to me that Brent Calloway is adopted. Those awful adoptive GREED PARENTS!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfoy
Jan 21, 2004

the chief posted:

is this part true or just some urban legend/thing he made up? i know which i'm leaning toward but either way it's hilarious

Less urban legend and more :tinfoil: conspiracy theory. Pat Dye publicly admitted that he knew about Eric Ramsey's illegal benefits.

• Locked thread