Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
This is all the same guy from the St. Louis Post Dispatch forums (emphasis mine):

quote:

...he was quoted as saying Gary Pinkel was committed to to improving Memorial Stadium.
I know there will be arguments about how neat it is to warm up with your girlfriend on those chilly November days but, its old, old I say, old.
OK I have nearly talked [the Mizzou AD] into thinking I am ready for the psych ward, but I would love to see us build a arches over the stadium then expand with a roof either open or closed I don't care, but it would protect the stadium from the weather elements, and allows construction to work on the stadium.

quote:

think we are headed deep into December, remember we add a extra game in a couple of years and the TV crews hate to set up in the bad weather.
If we are going to bring in top flight recruits we need some more impressive sites.
I really have diagrammed the arch idea to [Mizzou AD], who by the way has a brother, if I remember correctly, that runs a Construction Company, and the plan is the easiest and cheapest.
Just build a roof over the current stadium.

I even like the open roof idea like the old Dallas Cowboys stadium.
The biggest problem we have now is the weather beats us up so bad every year weld, paint, sand, repaint.
If we did the open roof, the players on the field still have the elements to fight but the press box people have their clean suits.

quote:

One other thing, I live in Indianapolis and the people here were soundly against a dome stadium, but Mr Irsay the Colts owner built one anyway.
They made fun of Mr Irsay because he was rich and they were poor and they hated him.
Our community voted down a dome stadium twice, I might stand corrected on that, because I am borrowing info on that.
However, the 2012 Super-bowl is going to be played there, bringing in an estimated $300,000,000 to one Billion in revenues to Indianapolis,just this year in this lousy economy and worldwide exposure.

In late March I think it was, we signed the Big 10 Championship game for the next five years bringing in an estimated $100,000,000 each year in this lousy economy.
The NCAA Championship games are all here bringing in between $50,000,000 and 250,000,000 in this lousy economy.

YES let's loving put a roof over a college stadium and Super Bowl LII will be in Columbia, MO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Jason White is rolling his wheelchair to his computer to type up a furious response as we speak.

Hahaha :drat:

• Locked thread