Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
terrin
May 10, 2005

Crazy685 posted:

LAUGH ALL YOU WANT but REMEMBER... I SAID WE WERE GOING TO FINISH 11-3!

We finished 7-6 but we lost 3 games by a margin that is well within the average margin of loss and because of a sequence of events that happen to every NCAA team, every single year!?! I'M A PROPHET!

hahah yeah this part cracked me up as well.. DO YOU DOUBT ME? DO YOU NOT REMEMBER ME ALSO BEING OVERLY OPTIMISTIC LAST YEAR?!!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrin
May 10, 2005

Ben is not cool posted:

Last year I called the teams record exactly, only mixing up the Auburn and Florida games (Who could have predicted Cam Newton/Florida collapsing?). Should I go make a ridiculous rant too?

I don't know about should but you're certainly more qualified

terrin
May 10, 2005

JesustheDarkLord posted:

My point was that barring a major outlier it is expected that about half of the losses were by less than the average margin of loss.

I think Crazy meant general football average, not the average for that team, but I could be wrong

terrin
May 10, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

Clemson. Don't ask; I have no idea. Most retarded USC fans on the Internet use Clempson or Clemscum, so I guess that particular spelling is some kind of unholy combination. Perhaps it's meant as mockery of a thick Southern accent.

I think it's like a child might say it, or like when you're belittling someone complaining about trivial poo poo

"awww po lil quempsom"

terrin
May 10, 2005

MindlessHavok posted:

Found a post by the guy I was talking about earlier:

it's amazing to me that fans of a team with such obvious upside could be this malcontent. That offense is gonna be pretty awesome soon

ed: actually I guess it's not the crazy given Pats fans can be as malcontent with a team that is presently a winner

terrin
May 10, 2005

Detergent posted:

Leans closer to your 2nd option, but Roger Craig.

It's always going to be Roger Craig.

I don't follow

terrin
May 10, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That guy is seriously one of my favorite posters on the entire internet. His mock draft from April is nothing less than looking straight into the abyss of madness.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/13/749559-off-grid-presents-worst-mock-ever.html

:stare:

Well he got the Shane Vereen pick but if you project 23 picks for your team you're bound to hit on SOMETHING

terrin
May 10, 2005

commy gun posted:

SEC IS FOOTBAWWWWW!

ALL AWESOME COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS ARE AWESOME NFL PLAYERS FOR EXAMPLE THIS ONE DUDE

ALSO COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYERS ARE SO GOOD THEYVE WON THE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR EVERY YEAR EVER

terrin
May 10, 2005

The Collector posted:

wannabelawstudent posted:

This is exactly why I hate Al Davis, he waits until RIGHT BEFORE the OU-Texas game, so instead of full preview coverage I have to this tribute stuff

Exactly why he hates him? Man he's been holding a future-grudge for a while.

terrin
May 10, 2005

jerkstore77 posted:

Man, monday mornings are so good on the 49ers fan board recently.

Title: Is this 49ers team the best in the NFL Right Now?

Do you think this team is the best in the NFL right now? The patriots aren't that good. The Steelers look flawed. The Lions have been exposed by the 49ers as average. The only team that seems to compare are the kings of hype the packers. SHould we be superbowl favorites?

The Lions were exposed by the 49ers as average because the 49ers might be the best team and they beat the Lions narrowly. Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrin
May 10, 2005

AndrewP posted:

This is from the Football Outsiders' "Audibles at the Line" comment section re: Ravens/Steelers:

"The discussion in the audible was a direct result of the officiating on the field. It was biased by an incredible amount in favor of the Ravens. Were the officiating perfect that game would have been a blowout in favor of the Steelers. It was a disgrace."

:raise: That's some straightup delusion right there.

I heard some similar talk from callers on NFL radio yesterday. It's crazy.

• Locked thread