Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Temple hasn't beaten Penn State since 1941.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Arschlochkind posted:

"Houston Oilers" requires quotation marks, I guess.

I'm going to start insulting teams I don't like by putting their names in quotation marks.

Can't wait to go to Lincoln Financial Field and watch my Eagles take on the "New York Football Giants" on Sunday night!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

pasaluki posted:

Boy
I
Love
Losing
Superbowls

That's a real knee-slapper!

The most annoying insult is the children in Africa growing up Bills fans. I immediately ask whoever says it what their take on airline peanuts is.

Honestly, these are both Hemingway compared to "Cowgirls."

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MindlessHavok posted:

This buddy of mine that's a Falcons fan refuses to call the Bucs anything but the "Tampon Bay Fuckin-Queers" over and over and over and over and over and

These are just too good to go to waste. I propose a forums filter for the unregistered that translates the name of any NFL team to the corresponding Rivals pun.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Toymachine posted:

Oh, you mean the Queefs?

I feel like such a piece of poo poo but I can't stop laughing like a moron every time a new pun name is introduced in this thread. (I have never read Rivals so they are all new to me.)

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Part of it seems to be also that Sanchez is being pampered like a black quarterback. That's never been an issue with Tony Romo, who is part hispanic but looks white bread, and never factored into the usage of more "exotic" looking QBs like Jim Plunkett and Tom Flores. But Sanchez is seen by some as the Great Hispanic Hope, which doesn't seem to be anything Sanchez has embraced himself but which factors into the strange stubborness not to bench him even temporarily for Tebow or anyone else.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MonsterWalk posted:

Wow. Is this from Caste?

Peter King.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

Half the student body doesn't give a poo poo about football.

It just happens that the half that does is a huge number of people.

This is very true, the crazy Penn State fans are extremely embarrassing to me, but they are a subset of a subset. Raging idiots are loud on the internet--who knew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

It didn't work for the Eagles that one year so is the devil.

I can attest that, as an Eagles fan, hearing the phrase "wide 9" still makes me twitch.

• Locked thread