Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

From caste football:

white is right posted:

You need to be superb athlete with the brain power of a pilot to be a top qb in the modern NFL. Guys like Vick just aren't smart enough for the position. Also Whites have stronger arms period, it's highlighted in sports with similar bio-mechanics such as pitchers and javelin throwers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

pillsburysoldier posted:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:6830317

Basically all the comments for that

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Openbook owns

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

McKracken posted:

NFNL just had a segment on Denver/Tebow with a bit of Denver sports radio with a caller that said...

Why do people still make this argument? How brain dead do you have to be to think winning the Heisman is somehow indicative of a successful pro career given all the massive busts who have won the Heisman, especially dudes in the very recent past.

What's Chris Weinke up to these days?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Ribsauce posted:

Quotaback

:aaaaa: Holy poo poo

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

swickles posted:

Quotaback is nothing. They refer to every non-white player as an afflete.

Unless I'm missing something, quotaback is way more offensive what with the quota system implication and all.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

http://www.castefootball.us/forums/showthread.php?14245-NFL-Playoffs-Championship-Round

This entire thread. Holy poo poo. :stonk:

One of many choice quotes:

quote:

With any luck, the Patriots will defeat the smarmy “Plantation Manager,” John Harbaugh, “Plantation Supervisor,” Joe Flacco, and the murderous “Slave Boss,” Ray Lewis. The Ravens, who start 4 whites (Joe Flacco, Matt Birk, Marshall Yanda, and Jarrett Johnson), with TE Dennis Pitta and DE Paul Krueger as prominent backups, are racially-underwhelming. But despite this dearth of whiteness, last Sunday, when the Ravens had secured their (highly unfortunate) victory against the very-white Houston Texans, a camera panned to the raucous crowd, revealing a white female fan (maybe 18 years old?), clad head-to-toe in Ravens gear, jumping up and down, hugging her friend, and literally weeping tears of joy for her Chocolate Comrades. “What a sorry sight,” I thought, that someone from her formerly-prestigious ethnic background would pay top dollar for the right to “support” such an abhorrent, anti-white football corporation. “Ravens, Incorporated,” the franchise that encourages an ultra-homosexual “pre-game” dance routine, performed by their plodding, rotund, over-the-hill “superstar,” Ray Lewis, prior to every home game…

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The Anti-Eagle posted:

This may end up a little long, but after a few years of trying to figure out why the Cowboys can't seem to win, I think I finally have it figured out.

First I took a look at the roster. There's not a problem there. This team has enough talented players to win it all. In 2007 we had a record 13 Pro Bowl players. The result that year? One and done while the Giants won it all. We have above average to elite players at every position on offense but the interior OL (3 positions out of 11). On defense we have three elite players (Ware, Ratliff, Lee) four solid players (Spencer, Jenkins, Sensabaugh, Scandrick), two average players (Elam, Hatcher) three bad players (Newman, Bradie/Brooking, Spears/Coleman). On special teams we have a kicker who is close to automatic, and a punter that is perennial top 5 when healthy. This compares with the rest of the league including the Super Bowl champions. There is not a huge disparity in talent between us and New York or us and Green Bay. So it's not the level of talent holding us back...

How about the coaches? It's hard to judge a coach by anything other than W's and L's, but Jason Garrett was a highly sought after coach and is respected widely across the league. His attention to detail and improved discipline was a great step up from Wade Phillips. Garrett's of course not on the same level as Belichick, but I would say Garrett's more of a strength than a liability. Rob Ryan may be a touch overrated but his schemes had the defense looking pretty good until teams figured out that Terence Newman is an automatic first down. So while Rob Ryan isn't on the level of Dick LeBeau, I wouldn't say he's a bad coach either.

Ok, how about the GM? Again this goes back to the level of talent. Has Jerry made some blunders? Sure he has. He overpaid for Roy Williams in draft picks and money. He overpaid Marion Barber and Leonard Davis. But he also found some diamonds in the rough in Romo, Austin, Ratliff, took a chance on a troubled WR in Dez Bryant that appears to have paid off, found one of the best 3rd WR's in the league in Robinson, hit the nail on the head with Tyron Smith, found an above average tackle in Round 4 with Doug Free, found one of the best up and coming ILB's in Sean Lee, Demarco Murray was setting the NFL on fire before his injury and he was a 3rd round pick. Overall you can't say Jerry has been a failure as a GM. Sure he's made some mistakes but what GM hasn't?

So what else is there? If it's not the players, not the coaches, not the general manager, what's left? This is what kept puzzling me for a while but I think I finally figured it out. It's the atmosphere. Jerry Jones, in his effort to make the Cowboys a marketable product, has neutered the attitude of the team. I couldn't help but feel jealousy after watching Eli Manning hoist his 2nd lombardy trophy. I was jealous of the Giants' management and attitude. They were 9-7 and barely made the playoffs, but when push came to shove, they got it done. Why can't the Cowboys do that? Here's why...

"America's Team" is a label that I have truly come to hate. It paints a big fat target square on the Cowboys' backs and makes every team bring their A game when they play us. The perennial success of the franchise in the 70's and 90's created a culture where the Cowboys somehow transcended the rest of the league, and despite only having won a single playoff game in 15 years, that label still follows us around. Not only does every team bring their A game when they play us, but evidently the refs also despise us for our fame (many other studies prove this). So now every week we face teams bringing their A game and refs that are biased.

But I believe the Cowboys could even overcome all of that if not for the "Hollywood" mentality that Jerry Jones has instilled in this franchise. Being marketable and making money are obviously Jerry Jones' top priority over winning. Don't get me wrong, I think Jones wants to win, but perhaps he's oblivious to the fact that the reason this team folds in crunch time is because of all of the media attention, the America's Team label, the fact that we have the biggest and fanciest stadium in all of sports. Unfortunately we as fans should also take some of the blame, for encouraging this kind of behavior as well as having unrealistic demands on the team.

As Troy Aikman said, "Dallas isn't a football town, it's a WINNER's town." How can our players ever have the swagger and bravado necessary to beat playoff teams on the road if they're constantly hearing criticism from the fans and the media? We don't give them enough room to breathe and develop into winners because we demand too much too soon.

In short, Jerry Jones' "Hollywood" stamp on this franchise combined with the way the fans crush the confidence of the team is the reason we will never win a Super Bowl no matter how talented the players and coaches are. Sadly I don't feel this is something that can change, at least overnight. Dallas' fans will always have insanely high expectations given our storied history, and Jerry Jones will always be more about making a team marketable than making a team with guts that can have the confidence to win big games.

tl;dr: The Cowboys have elite talent, elite coaching, and an elite GM, but the "America's Team" label is holding them back.

:shepface:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

McKracken posted:

I expected this to be a rant about how the Cowboys need to run Romo out of town if they ever want to win, so I think as dumb as his argument is, it's not bad for the typical Dallas fan.

The Cowboys forums I've looked at have been pretty strongly pro-Romo, oddly enough. They all seem to grasp that the defense is the real problem. Although Romo playing in a golf tournament this week is not helping things...

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

ComposerGuy posted:

You are fooling me, buddy. I've been to your campus on a game day. :colbert:

Real Talk: I'm just messing with you.

Generally speaking, I find its insanely easy to rile up A&M students/fans. Moreso than any other college I can think of off the top of my head. There is a deeply rooted inferiority complex in that school. It's like part of the culture or something I don't even know. Half their fight songs/chants are about how they aren't UT.

I mean, in fairness, gently caress UT, but still.

They aren't all that way, of course, but there's a general Cult Of Not-Texas vibe that anyone on the outside looking in gets.

A&M fans are loving hilarious. The only fanbase I know of that even compares to that level of inferiority complex is Oklahoma State, but they at least can justify it by being on the wrong end of the most lopsided in-state rivalry.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

atlas of bugs posted:

Battle for the Rag has got to be close.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedlam_Series#Football

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

The 2000 Ravens
The 1985 Bears
The 2012 Bills

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

swickles posted:

I thought Grove Rat was banned for constantly making GBS threads up the Conference Apocalypse threads (more so than the A&M crowd). Huh, I feel like I am going to ignore the last couple posts and pretend that is still true.

Well he did poo poo up every single college football thread ever. I'm struggling to think of a worse TFF poster ever.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Kalli posted:

Pretty much the best part of Jackass 3 is Knoxville getting defenseless receivered by Jared Allen. Normal sized people getting hit by football players is horrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbJEo09w3dw

That is to say I am all in favor of it.

This reminds me of those Sports Science segments they do before the draft each year of that tiny host dude getting lit up by the top DT prospects.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I mean in the world of really gross tattoos/body art, the Jets are near the top

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Time to see what's going on with our good friends over at Caste Football!

quote:

This is the same sort of garbage we get whenever we read a "top 10 draft busts" list by some effeminate, limp-wristed Hebrew Black supremacist endomorph whose sole athletic accomplishment was either cheerleading, getting dunked in a toilet, or smoking pole.

Predictably, any top 10, 50, 100, or whatever list of "busts" will feature anywhere from 40% to 60% White players, giving the impression that Whites might actually make up this kind of percentage of on-field league employees.

If a Black athlete gets clowned on such a list, you can bet a rabbi's vagina that a White athlete will get it worse on the same list. Guaranteed, even if the #1 bust on the list happens to be Black. The White guy will get clowned more to make the list seem less racist.

It gives the impression that Whites, percentage-wise, are more likely to be busts, even if they represent only a third of the league. A further malicious implication is that those Whites who DO make the league are only there from some non-existent, pro-Whitey old boy network.

The reality is the exact opposite, where the Good old Black Boy network props up crop after crop of undertalented Black retards and convinces the equally retarded DWF public that they're not actually seeing what they're seeing when White guys routinely outperform their Black counterparts.

It's just another example of how easily manipulated most people are. If someone in some perceived position of authority (ie, some degenerate pedophile-looking sports writer for a ****-run search engine) says so, then 50% of the busts in the NFL are White.

I'd venture to say it's more like 10%; probably less.
I still don't know what DWF stands for.

quote:

Pretty much the entire 2009 NFL draft was one big bust. But I see in the link you posted, they limited the list to just six turds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft

** Third overall pick in the 2009 draft has played 4 season in Kansas City, mostly as a starter, and has just 5 career sacks.

** Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman might both be replaced this season and they've probably been among the most productive non-whites in that draft class.

**I don't really track how the black players are doing via free agency, but I'd venture to bet both Beanie Wells and Knowson Moreno are either out of the NFL or close to being gone for good...the mulatto RB pick by the Colts gives the NFL a nice "hat trick" -- three tailbacks picked in round one; 3 busts!

I could go on and on with the busts from 2009 (and other years), but why even bother? It appears NFL teams have little say in the matter anyway, as they are pretty much only allowed (as a group) to draft a limited amount of whites each year -- about 24 to 26%. The are also allowed a white kicker, punter and Long Snapper, bringing their total (collective) percentage of whites on 53 men rosters to about 30 to 32%.

Beyond that, about 67 percent of their rosters have to come from America's (shrinking) pool of young, black males not in prison in their early 20's. Would anyone expect different results, considering blacks are only like 12% of the total population in the United States (aka Israel's Western Colony)?

P.S: I'm absolutely stunned that Vernon Gholston did not make that list, as some consider him the biggest defensive end draft bust ever:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...998755324.html
emphasis mine

quote:

It's glaringly obvious to those with objective eyes to see that the media and public are more forgiving of Black failure than White failure.

This is true in the example of Ryan Leaf, who was of course a bust, though similar dregs such as Vince Young, Duh-retard-marcus Russel, Byron Leftwich, Jason Campbell, and future failures Cam Newton, RGIII and Geno Smith were/are not only not called busts, but are given chance after chance to succeed.

Even if they DON'T succeed (a virtual guarantee), the media's perspective (and thus, that of the majority of our braindead vegetable society) will be appropriately skewed to give the APPEARANCE of success. Such as Michael Vick's pathetic career being called a triumph because he came back from [his self-imposed, animal-abusing] adversity to continue being a mediocre also-ran of a sh*tty quarterback.

Really I think the media only uses White examples as punchingbags because to tell it like it is with the brothers—you're going to be called racist even if you're just telling the truth.

That's why Black people will never really approach the level of success of Whites unless it is given to them like charity—because they lack the mental maturity to accept their shortcomings like everyone else when apparent and adapt to them. You need to constantly feed their selfish egos because they cannot and will not accept that they are not always the best, the victim, the etc., etc.
welp

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Benne posted:

What's wrong with "limp wristed" people? I broke my left wrist in flag football years ago and it's not as strong as it used to be. Does that make me less of a man somehow? :ohdear:

SB Nation is the gay Jewish media.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Rap posted:

Jesus loving Christ their poo poo gets me every time. I always think I can scoff at it and not give a poo poo but every time they just make me feel so sad

Do you want to know, because I can tell you

I know it'll be something that makes me hate myself for living in the same world as these people. So yes, please tell me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Rap posted:

"Drunk White Fan" which is literally their term for everyone who doesn't see things their way

That's much... tamer? than I was expecting.

• Locked thread