Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

CPL593H posted:

Speaking of singles, why are the b-sides better so much of the time? The b-side of Whip It is loving Turnaround.

I love Working in a Coal Mine too, though the entire Heavy Metal soundtrack is fuckin awesome. One of my favorite post-Budokan Cheap Trick songs too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Eddie Money isn't an album artist but Take Me Home Tonight and Baby Hold On are both great singles

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

CPL593H posted:

Those are the only Eddie Money songs anyone's ever heard. The aforementioned Tom Petty is the superior dad rocker.

I mean is anyone saying Eddie Money is on the same level? Tom Petty had hits in 4 decades and at least like 6 great albums.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Eddie Money just got Farrah Fawcett’d

https://www.spin.com/2019/09/ric-ocasek-dead-obit/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

It was always easy to find basically all of The Cars’ records but I could see a price spike in this case.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Oh yeah. It’s like a fuckin greatest hits

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Boinks posted:

drat he had a lot of talent his solo stuff is great too. I think he produced a couple Weezer albums?

He produced the Blue Album which is part of the reason Weezer briefly seemed like they could be the next Cars.

Also produced Do the Collapse for Guided by Voices which has some great songs on it

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Mike Nelson is a republican. I don’t know if he still is anymore or what he thinks of the MAGA set, just that he was at one point publicly conservative

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

CPL593H posted:

I'm a little baby who has only heard a handful of Residents albums. What are these shows like? I do enjoy a bunch of crazy rear end poo poo happening.

I saw one of the Shadowland shows and I legit couldn’t sleep after. It was a mixed media type of thing; music + video clips and costumes.

The best I can describe it is like being in a waking nightmare

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

caligulamprey posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaand that's the last record I'm buying for at least a month, goddamn I'm poor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIZ28_0tIvU&t=3m3s

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

CPL593H posted:

Nick Cave's Dig, Lazarus, Dig! has its last track on a 7" record. This is the only time I've come across that but honestly I'd rather have that than those double LPs that could fit on a single disc or in this case almost fit on a single disc.

Not only is it on a 7” but it’s the single song split over both sides of the 7”.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

caligulamprey posted:

If you got money to burn, Waxwork just put up their 2020 subscription that includes

Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer
Friday The 13th Part VII: The New Blood (2xLP)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Part II: The Secret Of The Ooze
Friday The 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (2xLP)
Jacob's Ladder

Plus trinkets and discounts.

Pass.

Do they sell this stuff separately? I just want Henry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

The Walrus posted:

anyone else have the Once Upon A Time In America soundtrack? does Hush sound like it's being played over an AM radio for everyone? I guess it's a stylistic choice?

Yeah a few of the songs sound like they’re either actual rips from KHJ or have an AM radio effect thrown on them.

I don’t doubt some are actual tips, like Mrs. Robinson which is meshed with an actual Don Steele voice over.

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 7, 2019