Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I picked up a couple Miles Davis LPs today. Tribute to Jack Johnson for 5bux and Live-Evil for 15. However I'm not that seasoned, so can anyone tell me the deal with Quadrophonic LPs? Live-Evil is one, and I'm curious if that's a good or bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

fozzie dunlop posted:

This week at Insound, we're cutting prices by 15% across our entire stock. And we now accept Paypal for all orders. What are you waiting for?

gently caress. should have waited one more week.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Had some Insound drama a few weeks ago. Sent me Nicolas Jaar's remixes by mistake instead of his album so they just gave me them both no charge. Anyway, cumulative summer haul:

Nicolas Jaar: Space is only noise, Remixes Vol 1.
John Maus: We Must Become Pitiless Censors of Ourselves
Washed Out: Within and Without
Paperclip People: Throw 12"
Beach House: Devotion
Nightmares on Wax: In a Space Outta Sound
Sam Cooke: At the Copa
Al Green: Let's Stay Together
Colbert's single

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Passion for Dilbert posted:

Here's a couple of download codes that I don't need to use if anyone wants them!!

Iron and Wine - The Shepherd's Dog
www.subpop.com/download_code === aic76putfieu

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
www.subpop.com/download_code === w2r69zukyhvh

The National - Alligator
alligator.beggarspromo.com === ALGR_882CC325

if for some reason you don't already have those albums. Ha.

I snagged Shepherd's Dog. I've never heard this one!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Peacebone posted:

There's a new vinyl sale service called Vinyl Loop that is selling new albums by The Walkmen, Tallest Man On Earth, and The Mynabirds for $15 free shipping + a bonus free LP.

This is awesome. Thank you.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I just impulse-bought this record which I thought sounded pretty awesome. Since it was colored vinyl, I figured I should let you guys know.

http://sunbeamrd.bandcamp.com/releases

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Drop the bass! Drop it! *snap snap* Drop iiiiit

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I just want to thank this thread for letting me know about the existence of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds album. poo poo's tits.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Hey, man. They say it's essential. You calling Insound a liar?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

beer pal posted:

anyone want some download codes here u go

I already have what I need from those, but I just want to say that I like your taste.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Does anybody here know how I can spot the difference between the mixes of Sam Cooke's Live at the Harlem Square Club? I know one reissue got the bright idea to blow out his vocals until you could hardly hear the rest of the band, while the other is perfect.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

JehovahsWetness posted:

Apparently I haven't posted in this thread in like a full year. I also had a kid kind of recently so I haven't had much time to do record poo poo.

So here's some LPs I was moving out of the recents crate onto shelves?

Please stop buying video game music that didn't originally sell with an obi, thanks.

What's the second from the right, top row?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is there any reason to go for a turntable with a belt over something with a direct drive?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Four-Twenty posted:

Doing a test run of my TechDAS Air Force One here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ9tCRh41OM

I know that's you Shkreli.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

MrSargent posted:

Ask and you shall receive (one of your requests).

Lest we forget:

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Yeeeaaaah boiiiiii finally got that new Sleep record.

If anybody is in the Long Beach Area, they still have a few.

edit: They've morse code etched on each side, those interested in my translated etchings:

Side A: PGE KUSH
Side B: SKYWALKER OG
Side C: CW PIS ROMULAN (if anybody can translate what this means (not the Romulan part obviously))
Side D: SUPER LEMON HAZE

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Apr 27, 2018

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

hatelull posted:

You guys have a go-to Monk record? I really like Straight, No Chaser but I NEVER see it in my regulars.

Solo Monk is like a warm, snuggly blanket. My go-to Monk.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

That is indeed Conan O’Brien’s “And they called me mad” single from third man. One side is a funny monologue Conan reads where he plays Dr Frankenstein or some similar character, and the other is an interview between him and jack white.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Toe Rag posted:

Woops, I forgot to go. Is the new album any good? Mine came last week but I haven’t listened yet. I didn’t find that Dolphin single to be so hot..

The sound doesn’t vary too much from the first single, which I enjoyed, so YMMV

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Really stuck between preordering this or LitA’s city pop compilation.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Amazon has Donuts for $14, at least in the US, if you didn’t have a copy already.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Finally I can cut down on all these bulky record sleeves.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

That looks like the same cover artist for Lambchop’s Nixon. It looks great.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Light in the Attic is reissuing Haruomi Hosono’s Pacific and The Aegean Sea among some other City Pop bops which is great news if you can look past the hard dicked price.

I assume that’s just the nature of Japanese music licensing, but $45 for a single LP still a pretty tough pill to swallow. I’ll either cave some late drunken evening or miss out again like I did for their Seaside Lovers LP.

Is any other major label reissuing City Pop albums that may be putting out some Tatsuro Yamashita stuff in the nearish future?

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jun 16, 2020

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Mystery Steve posted:

Did anybody else pick up the blarf record last year? Wasn't expecting it to price so high so quickly.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/13811882?ev=rb

Holy hell, they printed that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

CPL593H posted:

I never liked them anyway. And Kokomo should be considered a war crime.

That was also written by Mike Love. The further he is from the rest of the band, the better The Beach Boys are. Mike Love is the man responsible for killing Smile, and was completely up Brian Wilson’s rear end during all the Pet Sounds sessions. Mike Love sucks rear end.