Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

No dice for me either, but it wasn't in any stores in my city and was sold out online by the time I found out about it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Ended up snagging the RTJ box, Nas live from the Kennedy Center, and the Arcade Fire EP. Wanted the Rage live album but struck out at four different stores. At one of the places I went they had two, but the two guys directly in front of me in line each bought one. :argh:

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

caligulamprey posted:

Southern Lord's reissuing Earths Bee's Made Honey in the Lion's Skull: https://southernlord.com/store/the-bees-made-honey-in-the-lions-skull/

Thanks pal, couldn't resist snagging that.

esperantinc fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 27, 2018

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

beefnoodle posted:

Thanks, thread!

I bought this on a whim when I saw this post last week based on nothing but the album cover and a quick 30 second YouTube jaunt, and holy poo poo, that was a correct decision. Indeed, thanks thread!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Banano posted:

:bandwagon:

If you like this you should 100% buy the Turkish Freakout 1&2 comps:

https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=turkish+freakout&type=all these are full of sick turkish poo poo

Was looking for something to go to from the Mustafa Özkent album, so thanks for the recommendations! Added both to my Discogs list.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Tired: video game soundtracks, cartoon soundtracks

Wired: motherfucking Unsolved Mysteries soundtrack: http://bloody-disgusting.com/music/3499618/haunting-unsolved-mysteries-soundtrack-getting-1st-ever-vinyl-release/

It's me, I'm the guy that needs 120 ghost cues on vinyl.

Bonus points if it has anything Robert Stack in Baseketball as a locked groove.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

sporklift posted:

The first thing I looked for was Robert Stack voice overs. Would have been an instant buy for me. This is the sort of thing that would make a great 45 though. Theme song on one side and Robert Stack on the b-side.

re: Record Eater. I think the name was pretty apt. Probably the same technology used in the car players in which the high pressure on the stylus kept it from skipping. Probably wore through records faster than a Crosley.

If I don't at least get Robert Stacks "UPDATE" on there I'm going to be disappointed haha.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I like to think it's an homage to Tres Hombres

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

MrSargent posted:

Ok so I had read that the mastering on the MBDTF vinyl was bad...but it definitely didn't seem like it would be THIS bad. The records look like they have never been played. Not so much as a scuff or even slight warping on the discs. But holy poo poo does it skip all over the loving place. I'm using an AT-LP120 with an Ortofon Red stylus and don't have any issues with other records. Hell, even ones with big warps play pretty drat well so I don't think it's an issue with my setup. Is it possible I just got a particularly lovely pressing? Or is this just par for the course with this release?

I think it's just that release, my copy plays like poo poo on my LP120USB, and like you, it plays other records I have that are scuffed or a little warped just fine.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

BigFactory posted:

They’re all bad.

And I like two of them, it's almost like opinions are subjective or something.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Probably needle in a haystack for this one, but Rare Bird Alert by Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers got repressed as a Barnes and Noble exclusive of all things...nice surprise to fall into when flipping through the vinyl yesterday...

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/rare-bird-alert-steve-martin-steep-canyon-rangers/32466104

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Hey I used that dl code thanks bud!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

MrSargent posted:

Mondo just announced a bunch of new pressings of various Castlevania Soundtracks if anyone is interested. I've spent far too much money on records lately so I gotta pass on this one. I was planning on making an effort-post once I have an official release date, but I am going to have a single I co-wrote and produced pressed to 45 at the end of next month through the UK label SixNine Records. It's a Soul/R&B track and I am really excited to have something on vinyl that has my name on it.

Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood are included with the Mondo stuff, they say it's the first time either is going on vinyl. Of course I need both of them.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Yeah man for :10bux: add me to the list, previews were pretty dope.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

CPL593H posted:

The Mobile Fidelity ones are good.

Yeah, seconding MoFi Master sleeves.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

MrSargent posted:

Yah I think I am definitely swapping 400 Degreez for Cosmogramma if that's the Essentials. DOn't have any Flying Lotus on vinyl yet.

I know there are a couple DOOM fans here and one person liked that Soul Beach LP I posted from producer Cookin' Soul. He just posted a project he finished for the holidays where he sampled classic Christmas songs and put DOOM acapellas over the beats. I checked out the first track which is a sample of Nat King Cole's "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" and its dope. Here is a link if anyone wants to check it out or grab the vinyl.

https://cookinsoul.bandcamp.com/album/doom-xmas-mf-doom-remixes

I had thought I had posted in here before I about it but I guess not! I got the 45 a while back! Thanks for the bonus Earth Wind and Fire!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Yeah, I'd stack two 4x2s on top of one another before considering a 4x4 or larger for that much weight.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

CPL593H posted:

It is. The RSD one is standard black. I'm wondering if that will even be a limited release considering that a lot of effort was put into this reissue and it's a pretty big deal as a catalog item for that label.

It's listed as 'RSD First' on the record store day site, so yeah, it'll stick around.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Speaking of the Third Man Vault, I signed up for the Sleep live set....I'm probably good to cancel now if I just want that and don't want the next release? I've read they have a tendency to charge for the next one before it's announced and would like to avoid that.

Also, is there anything like the MFSL inner sleeves out there for 7" and 10" records?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

CPL593H posted:

I would strongly advise you cancel right now because I'm pretty sure they charge for the next quarter very soon if they haven't already. If you've already been charged you can just sell the thing on ebay and you'll at least break even but if it's something even moderately good or some kind of FANCY COLORED VINYL release of some Jack White poo poo that's been around for years people will probably pay an absurd markup on it.

As for the liners I'd try Bags Unlimited and look for whatever is anti-static.

Edit: they did not charge for it yet but you can still cancel now, once you've been billed you're going to get whatever the thing was advertised. You always pay up front.

Thanks bud (and Enos Cabell!), went and canceled. Not like I can't sign back up if the next one is something good.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Yeah I went through the same poo poo with dividers last year. Ended up buying blank dividers and a sheet of vinyl letters on Amazon for like 25$ or so. Which was still too much, but not 75$ at least holy poo poo.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

GIVE ME MY SLEEP RECORDS JACK WHITE :argh:

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

WHERE ARE MY SLEEP RECORDS JACK WHITE :argh:

I've had my tracking number for over two weeks and it's still sitting waiting for FedEx to actually get the loving thing. Yeah, I'm at the end of the alphabet for my last name (W), but seriously, this is kind of absurd? Slap the labels on and have FedEx pick it up already.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

pwn posted:

Thank you for this, I ordered a copy of Picnic of Love yesterday morning to be safe. As it turned out, my store had plenty available (Anal oval office is not as popular here as, say, the South Park soundtrack, which I personally saw at least four people buying in the first minutes... christ.) I still bought one for my buddy, which is what I photographed. I hope the good doctor gets mine out post haste! I want to see the animated etchings as Seth and Josh serenade me!!

ON THAT TOPIC: Besides Bullmoose, does anyone have any good recs for stores selling online post-RSD? I’m still after that Courtney Barnett 12” single...

Does Dr Strange not charge shipping at initial order? They had the Mastodon 10" a buddy was after so I ordered it, but didn't get charged shipping.

And pwn, was the South Park soundtrack really like 75$ in store when you got it? Bullmoose had copies this morning but they were charging like 72$ I mean I know I overpaid by spending 41$ on the Green Jelly LP (would be interested in knowing store prices on that if anyone else snagged one too), but 75$ for a 2x LP? They're not even 3" records!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Amazon has Donuts for $14, at least in the US, if you didn’t have a copy already.

I didn't and for 14$ I do now, thanks!

I'm going to England next week. Random, but anyone have any shop recommendations in London or Liverpool?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Banano posted:

What sort of stuff do you like? Soho in London has a bunch of shops within a stones throw of each other:

Phonica
Sounds of the universe
Reckless
Sister Ray

are all really good, SOTU and Phonica in particular.

A bit further out (but still close to the tube) Flashback has branches in Angel and Shoreditch and is good for second hand stuff.

I'm all over the place, but mainly punk/ska/metal and hip-hop. I'm staying not too far from Soho so I'll have to make a trip over. Thanks!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Maybe the thread can help me out, I can't tell if this is the best record I've ever bought, or the dumbest. Maybe a combo of both.

Presenting the Ronco Showtime BBQ Infomercial LP. Hell of an April Fool's Day joke from Enjoy The Ride.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Ballz posted:

Hey guys, it's to my understanding we all hate Pink Floyd and love video game soundtracks. So you'll be tickled to know that until tomorrow night at midnight (Eastern) all* video game soundtracks at Ship to Shore Phono Co are 50% off! I finally got around to picking up that Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa OST I've been saying I'd buy for about two years now.

*Soundtracks that people would actually want, namely Mother 1 + 2 and Celeste B-sides, are excluded from the sale. Get Snatcher instead.

Thanks bud, finally grabbed Snatcher that I've been after for a while.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I've never heard a picture disc that didn't sound like hot garbage compared to a normal vinyl release.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

As far as I know, WATT has only been pressed twice, once as a single LP on original release, then a 2LP version in 2012 that was Hot Topic exclusive.

I spent way too long trying to find a reasonably priced copy before paying too much for there to have been "dozens" of pressings. Maybe you're thinking of Full Collapse, Paul ReiserFS?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Paul ReiserFS posted:

*shamefully heads to discogs and types in "tony hawk pro skater"*

There's no shame in this, the soundtracks to (at least) the first two were fantastic

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Test press - Bruce Lee Band, also good

Which album and please PM me if you ever wanna get rid of it :cool:

Since we're on the subject, I posted about this in the ska thread already but can't hurt to put it here too. Really Records has the long-awaited repress of the ASOB Three Cheers For Disappointment LP up for sale now: http://reallyrecords.bigcartel.com/product/the-arrogant-sons-of-bitches-three-cheers-for-disappointment-lp

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Straight alphabetical baby. Back when I had a giant DVD collection I tried the by genre thing but I turned into Rob from High Fidelity re-organizing one too many times so now it's A-Z or bust.

edit: Just by artist name, though. I also have divider cards for each letter so I know roughly where to look when I'm after something.

esperantinc fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 6, 2019

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

angrygodofjebus posted:

Same. They were ordered alphabetically once upon a time but after like one get together of people throwing stuff on no one put them back correctly and I said gently caress it.

I have a "to be re-shelved" bin exactly because of something like this happening once, ha.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I'm in Tampa/St Pete for turkey day with the folks, any record store recommendations for down here? Not even for RSD stuff, just in general.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

CPL593H posted:

If you don't test your system with this single then why even bother?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_rBidCkJxo

I prefer this one myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZGhGFg-VlI

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Yeah there were a few. I bought the 3" of Beastie Boys Sabotage out of sheer novelty.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Lugubrious posted:

Unlike you I was HUGE into them and hadn't heard about this, so thank you very much for the heads up!

:same:

Stoked to grab this guy

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Are they allowing online sales of RSD stuff this year? I really want that pressing of Resident Alien out of the August drops, but lining up with a ton of other people isn't exactly at the top of my "yeah this is a good idea" list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

My shop is doing time slots you have to reserve in advance, they're only letting people in 5 at a time, and they're sanitizing the space between parties. I'm booked for 7-7:20 on Saturday so hopefully they still have what I want.

Their info page about it even says "Please do not show up more than 5 minutes in advance for your appointment. Early arrivals do not equal early entry and we will ask that you return to your car or wait elsewhere if you arrive too early." so that's rad.

Sadly my go to shop is still doing "line up en masse, you can still browse RSD stuff if you want" which sorta doesn't jive for me. They're also letting people in line have lists for them to pack up, but just the whole mass of humanity in line just isn't my scene at this point.