Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

CharredBronson posted:

Then I landed on the ATLP120, which I guess LOOKS like a 1200, but is way cheaper. Not being an audiophile in any sense of the word, and being the type of person that will likely only listen to the odd 7" or special edition only available on vinyl, am I really going to notice much of a difference? I'd just be hooking the thing up to a Pioneer 1018AH-K, which is more of a home theater unit than anything, and have no plans of ever messing with an analog unit.

I have one. It's great and I don't mind having a ripoff of one of the best turntable models ever. Affordable and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

hatelull posted:

A few recent attacks on my wallet.

I was excited about the Siamese Dream find, because it's red vinyl from Caroline. However, I should have listened to it before actually buying it. Skips pretty much every loving track on the first side.

I have the red version too, it's not rare exactly but it also happens to be Siamese Dream, which is great.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

JBRONSON posted:

my gf is currently in the usa and has been shopping at amoeba records. its not fair, your records are so much cheaper then Australia haha

Which Amoeba store?

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

For Christmas I had an Amazon gift certificate. Amazon is generally a pretty bad place for getting records, but I remembered that Riceboy Sleeps was a pretty commercially available record. At about 30 bucks for a double LP, it was always just a little more than I wanted to pay for it, but no longer. Ordered and stoked - it's a wonderful ambient album.

I also got Underworld's Oblivion With Bells because even though it's not their strongest, the standout tracks make it worth it.

And I also have a Onkyo reciever similar to the one that was posted a while up. It's a great model and I got it at a pawn shop with two big speakers for 100 bucks - it works like a charm.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Walrus Ship Down posted:

My girlfriend is amazing and got me a turntable for Christmas. It’s an Audio-Technica Lp120-usb.

I have the same model and it works like a charm. Best Technics knockoff out there.

For the holidays I got:
Riceboy Sleeps s/t
Sigur Ros Inni 3-LP
The War on Drugs - Slave Ambient
Guided By Voices - Half-Smiles of the Decomposed
Guided By Voices - Surgical Focus 7"

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Don't they only have two or three locations, all in California? I used to go to the Hollywood store all the time and it's loving amazing. Makes me wish I still lived in CA.

They're in Hollywood, San Francisco, and Berkeley and you're right to love them. They're great.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

JohnnyMondo posted:

It depends on the spot, and this is why I don't really like Amoeba all that much. They keep everything sealed up, and you can needle-drop anything in the store! Other spots (Rooky's in SF for example) have a ton of listening stations, and you can listen to pretty much anything. Still other places (Recycled in SF) don't have stations, but will needle-drop stuff for you if you ask.

This is generally true for any smaller record shop (I can only speak for Denver and SF). Probably won't happen at a large chain that sells records but any musty, aging awesome record store should let you. If they don't have a turntable actively out for previewing, you can get them to play it on the PA.

Wax Trax in Denver would even remove shrink-wrapped records and play them for you, and re-seal them if you didn't want it :allears:

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

I just got my War on Drugs record and it's great, but the records are 12" but pressed at 45 rpm. This might be an elementary question, but what's the advantage of that? From what I know, 180-gram works for the detail due to deeper grooves with more info in them, but what's the benefit for a faster RPM?

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Action Serious posted:

So I've got a record player that's on it's way out and I've got no way of repairing it and need an upgrade anyway. Even after reading Amazon's reviews I figured you guys would be the one's to ask this question, I've been looking at the Audio Technica AT-LP60 and the Audio Technica ATLP120 and while I'm sure the second is probably better is it worth the price difference? I guess I'd prefer the ATLP120 just based off of the reviews I've read for both, but if the LP60 isn't bad and people here have good things to say about it I'd be open to saving the cash.

I have both models. When I got the AT-LP60, the table wasn't calibrated and rotated slightly faster than normal. I fixed it just fine, but the features in it aren't very great if you're looking to really get a ton of use out of your turntable and have a degree of flexibility with it. My AT-LP120 essentially mirrors technics and is my default player. Easily worth the extra money.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Yoshifan823 posted:

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming finally came in to my local record store today! I feel like I bought it almost exclusively for Midnight City, but goddamn what a song.

I also saw a bunch of the stuff they got in today, I'm gonna go back tomorrow because I get paid. I'm going to blow all of my money on records...

how much was it? I got mine at the merch booth and thought it was a good deal for 2-LP colored record set.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

I've ordered a few LPs from Amazon and they've arrived in perfect condition. Their packaging is really good.

Thirded. Don't be afraid to order from them.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Yeah, I've never done RSD before, so I'm going to hit up a few places around town, fully expecting to be disappointed. Really all I want to grab is the Tomahawk box, maybe Mastodon/Feist, maybe Cursive. But like I said, I fully expect to walk away empty handed.

You will with that attitude <:mad:>

Just get there early!

RSD discussion has gotten, it seems, exponentially more negative with each year it exists. As a big enthusiast of it in the earlier years, I do see how it's become less of a special, promote-your-local event and more of re-issues/cash grab bit. I do enjoy when some bands go out of their way to introduce something unique but it's indeed gotten a bit saturated with some pretty lame offerings. Know what's coming out though and it's a joke how people try flip so quickly, especially when they're just simple re-issues

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Does everyone use Discogs? I really like it - it's the best way I know to track and organize my collection. I also like when folks share on here - it's like if I go to someone's home who has records and immediately have to browse their collection. I'd be interested in seeing some of ya'll's collections on here.

Mine: http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=Floodixor

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

I figured my tax return would help with this, so behold the totally rad Medicine box set:

4 colored records, 1 regular record
lyrics book
cassette of tour-only album
download codes for each album + "companion" mp3s for each album of b-sides, demos, etc
metal pin
press photo of the band

worth 80 dollars. I first heard Medicine about 6 or 7 years ago and was surprised by how I hadn't heard of them before as a big big fan of shoegaze and noisy rock. If you like the noisier side of shoegaze bands, I'm betting you'd really love Medicine, especially the albums The Buried Life and Shot Forth Self Living.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Yes, they are alternate covers.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Stars Of The Lid - The Ballasted Orchestra is up for 80 bucks and I'm on the fence about it. It's been one of my holy grails and hasn't been in print forever, even though Kranky is usually good about that. Does it seem like a good buy, or what?

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Is Ageatis Byrjun the repress or original?

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

david puddy posted:

Repress, I am not made of money. Don't the originals go for $300+?

Not quite that much, but definitely a lot of money. It was one of my holy grails for a long time and when it was finally repressed I bought one right away. I bought the album with the full intention of playing the hell out of it so I wasn't that concerned by which pressing it was, but it would certainly be great to have a first pressing for collecting purposes.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Cheesus posted:

My Denver-area haul from last week.

Where in Denver did you go?

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Cheesus posted:

Twist & Shout (Denver), Black & Read (Arvada), Absolute Vinyl (Boulder), and Albums On The Hill (Boulder).

That's great that you went to Black & Read. There isn't any other record store quite like it in Colorado and I really love it. They also have a weirdly good selection considering how relatively limited their space is.

Why didn't you go to Wax Trax? It's right down the street from Twist and Shout!

Lots of people consider Twist and Shout to be some chain-like store because it looks nice but I did have to remember that they are actually independent.

I used to live around the corner from Wax Trax on capitol hill. I miss the days of going there literally every day.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Cheesus posted:

The only reason I didn't go to Wax Trax (or Independent Records) was I was rushed for time that day and couldn't make it (they're not exactly within quick walking distance to Twist & Shout).

However, I agree Wax Trax is great and I've found some great deals there in the past.

Don't feel bad about missing Independent, their title is misleading and it's generally like browsing a Best Buy vinyl selection with an emphasis on insane clown posse/nu metal.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Cheesus posted:

In my experience, while their vinyl selection isn't that great, it's also not that bad either. While it's lesser of any others I can think of in the Denver area, I think it's worth a stop.

Yeah, I mean if you're just looking for places that have records, of course it's worth a shot. But it's in that pocket of other superior stores (in my opinion) like Wax Trax/Twist and Shout. Jerry's is there too on Colfax (is it still there?) but it's basically a repository for dadrock, beat-up records, and dust.

Black and Read is just a little gem in Colorado though, I loved going there when I could. :allears: I saw a pre-show interview with Tennis, who are from Colorado, and they said that Colorado has an awful, almost non-existent selection of record stores. Denver may not be as big as other major cities like Chicago, but I live in San Francisco now and there's about the same number of quality stores as Denver, I believe. Saying there's no options just isn't true.

SF has Amoeba though, which trumps most anything.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Jeff Wiiver posted:

This is my standard reccomendation for that price range. Plays at 33 and 45, has a switchable pre-amp, doesn't sound terrible.

I knew what record player this would be before I even checked the link. Reliable, and for that price range it's pretty much the go-to record player. I used to own one.

I have the model above that (Audio Technica LP-120) and it's such a straight Technics 1200 rip that it's not even funny, but if you're going to rip off any brand of record player, that's the way to go. It's terrific for how much it costs and I recommend it.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Kranky shipped these two and they arrived Monday. Super fast.

Stars of the Lid's The Ballasted Orchestra means a lot to me - it was one of my first MP3s I ever heard and an introduction into my love of ambient. I have the first pressing of this but definitely decided to spring for the rerelease/remaster. It's just 20 bucks on Kranky. Same as Loscil's new one, which is predictably wonderful.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

mia2000 posted:

Hey everyone! I have a download code for the Gutter Twins' Saturnalia record. Visit http://www.subpop.com/download_code and use the following code to snag it:

exmpuk5gqe9p

Enjoy!

I should have known this would get snapped up. This album is very good. It's dark dark dark, not in a "I murdered someone at a rest stop" way and more in a "life is a grim march of hopelessness and god is mad at me" sort of way. The first six tracks are standouts for me.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Being a fan of 90s music is hard when you're a record collector, considering that CDs were king. I liked a lot of electronic music from that era, though, and that's no so bad considering that DJs still used records and there's a lot of DJ-only pressings floating around.

That being said, I'm not sure if too many people will care about this, but I had one of those great finds (to me) that makes roaming the used bins so sporadically rewarding. It's the 12" single of Soul Coughing's "Screenwriter's Blues" that had some remixes on it that I'd never even heard of before. I LOVE Soul Coughing from that era (Ruby Vroom and so on) and was genuinely surprised to see this in the bin for 4 bucks. Very cool.

Regarding the electronic music aspect, one of my favorite things was when Amoeba here in San Francisco had a giant "electronica" blowout and the bins were full of stuff like singles from the Chemical Brothers in the Dig Your Own Hole era, older Prodigy, things like that. Super cheap and nostalgic.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Surfingelectrode posted:

I sold a Sex Pistols record for $300 and used the money to buy a Flaming Lips record for $260 that wound up being reissued a few months later.

I bought the first pressing of Stars of the Lid's The Ballasted Orchestra for 80 dollars after figuring I'd never see another copy of it online and available for a long time. and it came out remastered for 20 bucks two months later. Which I also bought.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Drop the bass! Drop it! *snap snap* Drop iiiiit

heheheh

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

david puddy posted:

edit 2: this came in the post today and it's glorious:

This one is someone else's photo but it is a much better photo than I can take, it's seriously so gorgeous:

I just got that in the mail yesterday, too! A very quiet and pretty album and a steal at 20 bucks including shipping, too.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

My current self took my 16 year old's music preference and applied it to modern day. This format is weird, as it's 3 10" records, all translucent red. And say what you want, but for a 16 year old boy who really liked rock bands and electronic music, this soundtrack was awesome at the time:

It's worth mentioning that the person who created this soundtrack used the same technique for an earlier movie and soundtrack: Judgement Night. That time, they combined rock and rap (before that genre really appeared). What that means is that you got awesome things like Slayer and Ice-T, or my personal favorite, Teenage Fanclub and De La Soul. Listen to this song and try not to be happy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6rxsp82OvM

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Dissapointed Owl posted:

e: double post

And sometimes you wait, and wait, and wait, and refrain from buying overpriced copies of an album, and you wait...

And sometimes you get rewarded because The Caretaker's An Empty Bliss Beyond This World just got reissued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL998ajnjN4

Get on that poo poo!

And it's already out of stock. I remember trying to get ahold of this album for a while when it came out with no luck. It would appear that's still the case. Hmph.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

I realized a few days ago on my birthday that I had stayed true to my personal goal of not buying any records so that I could save money. When my birthday came around recently, I realized that I hadn't purchased a record in over 8 months. This could not stand, so I just got back from a spree at Amoeba Music in SF. The outcome clearly advertises my big dumb love of 90s electronic music, plus some contemporary things I really like. I spent 2 1/2 hours in the record store just browsing and was surprised to see this final tally skew so much towards electronic and have less rock in it, but I suppose electronic is just WHAT I'M FEELIN' these days:

Azure Ray - As Above, So Below LP
Beacon - The Ways We Separate LP
BT - Quark (+remixes) 12" single
Chemical Brothers - Leave Home (+remixes) 12" Single
Concert Silence s/t 2xLP (Eluvium)
Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane 7" single
DNTEL - Life Is Full Of Possibilities 2xLP
DNTEL - Anywhere, Anyone (+remixes) 12" single
Four Tet - Rounds 2xLP Reissue
Hooverphonic - Club Montepulcano (+remixes) 12" Single
Massive Attack - Teardrop (+remixes) 12" Single
Talvin Singh - OK (+remixes) 12" Single
Tweaker - Linoleum (+remixes) 12" Single
Underworld - Cowgirl (+remixes) 12" Single
Underworld - Pearl's Girl (+remixes) 12" Single
Underworld - Rowla/Juanita (+remixes) 12" Single
Underworld - Born Slippy (+remixes) 12" Single

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

I currently use the ATP-120 turntable for my main audio setup (my room) but I also set up something in my living room - I'm just using my old turntable, which was 100 bucks five years ago and describes itself as "portable" because it's extremely lightweight but also not the best type of turntable, obviously. It's eletronic (not belt-driven) and super basic.

My problem lately is that it's playing my records just a little too fast. It's noticable if you've heard the songs before and I'm not sure why it's doing it. Does it have something to do with the tonearm not being curved so it plays faster when it has longer record surface to cover (like when starting to play a 12")?

It's this: http://www.gearclubdirect.com/vestax-handytraxusb

Any other reason why it might be playing a little faster than usual? Is this something that I can fix, and if so, does it mean I'll have to open up the entire structure and get into the guts of it to adjust something?

I also have been reintroducing myself to purchasing records because I recently improved my audio setup (including a giant cube of a subwoofer):

and now that I have a new job that pays well, I have a little more flexibility. I have to say that my recent purchase of the Charles Buckingham and Matthew Cooper (better known as Eluvium) live collaboration album Concert Silence 09.22.07 and companion LP Rain Furniture is one of the best record purchases I've made in a long time. 4 LP set, two records etched on one side, and full of wonderful experimental audio manipulation leaning towards ambient, similar to Fennesz or Stars of the Lid (in the picture of my record tower, the framed thing to the left of it is a Stars Of The Lid print from their 2008 [i think] tour - #22 out of 60 made!). Ambient fans/audio nerds, take note, because you may also love this excellent, exploratory, beautiful and curious album: http://infraction.bandcamp.com/album/rain-furniture to listen or just go here and scroll down a bit: http://www.infractionrecords.com/shop.html It's also worth mentioning that the 2xLP is very fairly priced at 24 bucks after tax. I bought mine on eBay, which was 24 dollars but also included the Rain Furniture LP, so your results may vary.

I also bought DNTEL - Life Is Full Of Possibilities for 15 bucks at Amoeba the other weekend (among a lot of other purchases) and it looks like they didn't price it correctly, because this reissue has two 180gram records and they match the album design color scheme, like so:

When I moved to San Francisco over 5 years ago, I just had two suitcases with me and had to leave my records in Colorado. I've decided to finally ship them out here, so I'm very excited to get back my 85 pounds of records that I haven't been able to listen to in years. It'll be great to see those records again, since whenever I visit my parents, I go through the bin that my records are in like I'm revisiting a childhood friend. It feels like I'm just looking through someone's collection that is totally awesome and exactly what I would pick. They'll be joining my collection that I started when I moved here, which is going to be over 300 at this point. I'm currently shopping around for another storage system since this one is almost out of room:

Sorry for the tl;dr. I'm just more excited than I thought I'd be by resuming my record collecting, since I hadn't made any purchases this year so I could save money. That's very much started to change now.

Floodixor fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 17, 2013

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Ron Burgundy posted:

Pretty sure these are belt drive.

Since these are portable there probably isn't a pot open to the outside case, and you'll probably need to crack it open at bare minimum.

Also turntable geometry does not work this way :D

Actually, the previous post was correct and I should be all set. You're also correct, though, about the turntable geometry (I think I was just reaching for any sort of situation that might involve numbers, physics, MAGIC?) so thank you for that. I'm glad I didn't put all of your post into practice though, because then I'd have a disassembled cheap turntable on my living room table right now. And unless you were being sarcastic and I'm not catching it, the turntable that I linked to does indeed have a pitch knob. I was just used to it being in a default setting for so long that I didn't even think to mess with it.

Some turntables are so awful but try to sell themselves like something great with needless "features". It's exactly like buying a DVD of an older movie and the description of features on the back of the DVD case just seems so totally stoked to tell you FEATURES! SKIP FORWARD, SKIP BACKWARD, SPANISH TRANSLATION AND A *MAIN MENU!!!!* It's like those "x-tremmmmme" turntables that are clearly marketed towards someone who doesn't know anything about them (I dunno Ron, you might think that's me, actually) with things like buttons on it that say "ROCK AND ROLL BOOST" or some other silly and dramatic name for a completely simple and usually standard feature.

In the 90s when the shareware thing was all over the place, my friend bought me a fighting game. The characters had about 3 frames of animation each and also were designed in something slightly better than MS Paint, but the real prize was on the game description when it said YOU CAN PUNCK, KICK... EVEN JUMP KICK!!!!" I got pretty off topic for a rather basic post, but I still think I'm bringing up obviously completely brilliant and eloquent points here. I'm so incredibly intelligent that I can get mystified by a situation that can be fixed by me turning one of the two available knobs on a turntable a few centimeters to the right.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Floodixor where did you get that tall shelf? Space is at a premium in my place and that looks really good. I can't shove an expedit in this room

I love my shelf, but, uh - it's indeed Expedit: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20116274/#/90116275. I know that the unit details say "particleboard" which seems sketchy, but don't get scared off about that - the outer pieces are thick and sturdy, and my DJ friend who referred me to my existing one said he's been using them very reliably for over 10 years (his record collection is much larger than mine so he has a few of those shelves). He's in SF, too, so I've watched him move homes several times in the last 6 years. Each time, his record storage remains intact, tasteful, and functional (he's also a designer at a very professional data visualization firm and has always had a great idea for design and aesthetic, and I agree with him that it's very easy to make these types of shelves fit into whatever setup your house/room might have). I've had this shelf for about 4 years and it's been great, and that includes going through me moving houses as well. It's actually pretty light when by itself and easy to move.

That said, I think I might be getting the Expedit shelves that are two of the existing tower I have, so if you're in the bay area, I would be happy to eventually let these shelves go for a really decent price. Just a shot in the dark, though. RECORDS COLLECTORS HELPING ONE ANOTHER

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Floodixor posted:

I have to say that my recent purchase of the Charles Buckingham and Matthew Cooper (better known as Eluvium) live collaboration album Concert Silence 09.22.07 and companion LP Rain Furniture is one of the best record purchases I've made in a long time. 4 LP set, two records etched on one side, and full of wonderful experimental audio manipulation leaning towards ambient, similar to Fennesz or Stars of the Lid (in the picture of my record tower, the framed thing to the left of it is a Stars Of The Lid print from their 2008 [i think] tour - #22 out of 60 made!). Ambient fans/audio nerds, take note, because you may also love this excellent, exploratory, beautiful and curious album: http://infraction.bandcamp.com/album/rain-furniture to listen or just go here and scroll down a bit: http://www.infractionrecords.com/shop.html It's also worth mentioning that the 2xLP is very fairly priced at 24 bucks after tax. I bought mine on eBay, which was 24 dollars but also included the Rain Furniture LP, so your results may vary.

I just wanted to emphasize this again because I'm sure there are fans of this type of music on here. I was looking at the sale again and just on impulse bought ANOTHER copy of it. It's just so cheap for what you get and everything about it is great.

The only other duplicate records I own are a few Underworld singles that overlapped when I bought a 5-LP lot of them, and then Stars Of The Lid: The Ballasted Orchestra. Basically, a few years ago I had my eye on an original pressing of it for 80 bucks and finally pulled the trigger on it. Then, about a month later, Kranky put out a reissue of the same album, remastered, 180gram, for about 20 bucks. Which I also then bought while feeling like an idiot. I think I have two Loveless records by MBV because I had moved and wasn't able to bring my records with me and regard that album as basically required listening. And because it was sort of floating around everywhere for about 14 bucks.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Ron Burgundy posted:

Sorry mate, the edit was supposed to replace what I'd already written. Should have striketrough'd or something.

Also apologies if it seems like I was being a dick with the physics remark, It wasn't intended this way.

none taken, I felt like an idiot after I realized what the issue was. :fistbump:

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

landofcake posted:

I wanted to show you a few more brilliant deals I picked up in the last week ... I absolutely love it when you're able to get records you really want way cheaper than they normally go for through what appears to be sheer luck!

I was lucky enough to pick up this copy of Lifeforms for only £10 ... when it normally goes for closer to £40 or £50 ... it's got a pretty awesome gatefold:

Plus I picked up the three LP set of LTJ Bukem's 'Logical Progression' for only £7 ... I absolutely love this album, and it's got a lot of sentimental value.

I'm incredibly jealous of this. Logical Progression has a lot of sentimental value for me, too, as well as any FSOL stuff. I have the Cascade 12" single as well as Dead Cities and We Have Explosive (the song that was on every soundtrack for a period of time), but your finds are a large reason why I (and lots of other record buyers) shift through the crates.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

I finally got the lovely marble-red 2xLP of American Football's self-titled (I own the original, as well as their EP, but this record is just fantastic and the b-sides and live songs on the reissue are great). Also Bonobo: Late Night Tales because it's just very good evening music, and I finally purchased Dustin O'Halloran's "Lumiere". If you haven't heard it and you like the piano, please listen to it. It's absolutely beautiful, plus Dustin collaborated with Adam Wiltzie, who is one half of Stars Of The Lid:

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Chill Callahan posted:

did you eat the airhead

I got it delivered to my job, so I gave it to a dude in the office. Is it just the American Football record that the airhead comes with, or ALL Polyvinyl orders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

This collection above is right after my own heart. In particular, the most recent s/t Ryan Adams LP is at the very least in my top three releases of 2014, if not my outright #1 favorite. I have 2 copies of Demolition due to one of mine being left back with my parents and the normal selling price for it being significantly affordable (under $11.00 or so, I believe).

However, one of my other all-time favorite Ryan Adams albums is Love Is Hell Pt. 1 and 2, but I've never been able to find it on vinyl almost anywhere at a reasonable price due to how scarce it is. Can I ask how much that LP set you back?

Good call with Rock Action, as well. Do you remember how much that one was, as well? And lastly, where did you find those 2 records in question?

I've found that when I know what specific album I'm looking for, shopping online is the most efficient and cost-effective route. On the other hand, I absolutely love that "a-ha!" moment when sifting through a New Used Arrivals bin and stumbling across an unexpected gift of an album that you hadn't specifically set out to buy that day but still love and now get to snag it on vinyl (and in some cases get a fantastic deal for it, like if a record store/vendor doesn't do their research of a record's value and instead just slaps a stock $14.99 price tag on an LP worth at least $75.00 or has a far higher selling price and marketplace value at that point in time).

And I don't have to tell the folks in this thread about this, but situations like the above circumstances are a large part of why some of the best scenarios for record collectors include things like garage sales where a seller doesn't care about marketplace value or the general worth of an album and instead simply just wants to unload a bunch of records (and usually a record collection that doesn't even belong to the seller and was just left behind or abandoned for whatever reason).

Anyway: two of my better recent scores are:

1. Chemlab - East Side Militia - Promotional Pressing (for only $15.95!):

2. Guided By Voices - Bee Thousand (reissue, but I don't care since it's maybe my favorite album by one of my all-time favorite bands - and because the USPS loving lost my original translucent red Bee Thousand pressing, along with 35 other records of mine).