Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Shortly before she passed away, my mother-in-law gave my wife and I her sizable vinyl collection, dating mostly from the late 1960s to early 80s. They're not in great condition or anything, but the records for the most part have held up pretty well. Probably the most valuable of the lot is an original flame-filled copy of Skynard's Street Survivors and a copy of the Rolling Stones' Sticky Fingers, with fully working zipper. Both are now framed and hanging on my wall.

I only have three 7-inches from her collection with me, but I thought I'd show them off. They all are from 1979.

The Records were (are?) a pretty generic Euro power pop band. This is their first single, and also probably their greatest hit. They remind me of Jefferson Starship. Pretty meh, overall.

The Nuns were a punk band from the late 70s/early 80s. This single predates their debut album by about a year. When I first saw it I thought "Hey, that 'S' at the end looks halfway like a swastika." Then I saw the first track is titled "Decadent Jew." Whoops, I think I just accidentally discovered a dark secret about my mother-in-law. :godwin:

The third one is a local (Richmond, VA) garage band called Barriers, and honestly, this is the most interesting of the three. I think this is their only release, but naturally, there isn't much info about this band online (although one of the guys from Gwar gave this record a shout-out in a recent Times-Dispatch article). It sounds kind of like prog rock imo, and it's quite good. My mother-in-law probably knew the band members.

The Barriers EP is a 33, while the other two are 45s.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

nadabolt posted:

that nuns ep is incredible dude. I don't know what its worth in that condition, but probably more than those stones or skynyrd records

:staredog: Well, that's a pleasant surprise! Going through her collection, it can sometimes be difficult determining what's worth something and what's worth nada. For instance, there's a copy of the original, recalled version of Winwood that was only available for a few months in 1971. I take a peek on eBay to see what they're going for and the starting price: $2.99. I guess the market on Steve Winwood just isn't so hot these days.

As for this Nuns 45, the record itself is in pretty stellar condition, even if the jacket has been chewed on by cats/silverfish/Lord knows what else. I played it a few nights ago and it sounded just fine with no skipping and no signs of warping. A couple more pics.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

This probably isn't all that special or anything, but damnit I saw it at my local record store for five bucks and just had to grab it:

Plus listening to it reminded me of just how drat good this soundtrack is. You always associate the opening theme and Imperial March, but the other stuff on there is just top loving notch. Some of the track names are mildly amusing for being slightly "off," like Mouse Robot and Blasting Off.

They also had the story disc release of the original Star Wars for five dollars, and a more expensive picture disc version for about $25. I might pick one of them up on a return trip.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ron Burgundy posted:

Even the regular black ones are still on the 20th Century Fox label which have some of the crappiest sounding records of all time.

There was a fair amount of popping when I played it earlier, but on visual inspection the record looked near mint. I do have a pretty crappy turntable setup though, so it's possible I just can't really tell the difference. v:shobon:v

CPL593H posted:

Oh, I thought you were talking about a soundtrack album. That actually sounds fun.

Yeah, I'm sure it's cheesy, but for five dollars it might be worth it anyways. I'll probably go back to the store next weekend and grab it if it's still there. I might take a closer look at their soundtrack section, they may have Empire on vinyl as well.

For anyone curious, the record store I'm talking about is Bananas Music, and I am dead serious when I say any crate diggers in the southeast (especially central Florida) owe it to themselves to check it out at least once. They have literally millions of records between their regular store and their "warehouse" located a few blocks away.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I missed out on getting the Ghostbusters 10" for my wife, although it's all over eBay (stupidly overpriced of course) so maybe I'll get one there eventually. I did grab Steve Earle's Townes: The Basics 12" though, so it wasn't a total loss.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

DammitJanet posted:

I'll edit this with a picture of what I got later, but if anyone missed out on something they wanted, we have several stores here in Nashville with leftovers, and I'd be happy to go hunting for y'all. :)

I'm sure any copies would be long gone, but if you do happen to stumble upon a Ghostbusters 10" let me know. :cheers:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Did a post RSD visit to one of the local shops and picked up Sun Records Vol. 1 and the Tears for Fears 10". The clerk said one of their RSD shipments actually got delayed and they expect to have it in on Wednesday. There's hope yet for my Ghostbusters 10-inch!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Just came back from several hours of crate digging at Bananas Music over in St. Pete. I only got about halfway through one section of unsorted records, and am already itching to go back. :sweatdrop:

The biggest find for me personally was the David Lee Roth Leonard Cohen record, only three bucks. But listening to it, there're quite a lot of pops and clicks. It doesn't look too scratched up, but it is definitely dirty.

What's the general consensus here for cleaning vinyl? Bananas sells a decked-out cleaning kit, but it's like, $80. I figure there are probably much cheaper solutions.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Dogen posted:

Spin clean, that's what I meant :doh:

Thanks for the recommendations. Spin Clean is what I saw at the store, and a quick google search shows that $80 seems par the course for the starter kit. A little pricey imo, but I'll probably pick one up eventually.

Cloks posted:

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

Seriously though, I was wondering about this earlier. There are records that I'd probably pick up if they were cheap just to listen to them -Dark Side of the Moon, Let it Bleed, maybe even Sports - but I've never listened to them and have no interest in actively looking for them. I figure a lot of indiscriminate collectors shop like this.

I am a child of the 80s so yes, I have an inherent fondness for Huey Lewis. Having said that, Sports was not one of the records I had specifically set out to find and buy, but it grabbed my attention as I thumbed through hundreds of LPs today. I like just about all the songs on it, it was cheap (everything in that pic was $3 except for Kilroy Was Here which was $5) and it was in pretty good shape. Of course, American Psycho ended up being the deciding factor when I was debating whether to buy this album or Fore! instead.

How often will I listen to it? I dunno, I actually have a fairly sizable record collection, most of it made up of old LPs inherited from my late mother-in-law so more often than not I find myself picking an entirely random record I'd never heard before to see if I'd like it. Since I don't own it on CD or have mp3s of it, I can see myself on occasion reaching for Sports. At least I know exactly what I'm getting when I drop the needle. :coolfish:

Ballz fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 27, 2014

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

dalaamprince posted:

I love garage sale season so much. $10 for these guys. Did any of you get out today?

I did!

The Roots record at the bottom is my wife's, because she has better taste in music than me. I went out with a few specific things in mind: David Axelrod's first two albums, anything Townes Van Zandt, an LP or 45 that has the Ike and Tina Turner song "Too Many Tears" and 10cc's first two albums. As you can see, I was only successful with the last choice.

10cc is a weird, eclectic little pop-rock band that was pretty obscure in the States, although to my understanding they were fairly popular in Britain back in the 70s (feel free to correct me, Brit goons). I learned about them a while ago after they were sampled on J Dilla's Donuts and genuinely loved "The Worst Band in the World."

Incidentally, I did find a bunch of Townes Van Zandt 45s, but they were priced about $30 each which is kind of ridiculous.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ron Burgundy posted:

They were extremely popular in Australia like many other bands that were unloved in their homeland. They spun off Godley and Creme who were even more obscure.

I actually was previously familiar with Godley and Creme, thanks mostly to these esteemed young gentlemen.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

My mother-in-law was a hoarder collector of many things who sadly passed away a couple of years ago to cancer. Before she died, she invited my wife and I to peruse her massive vinyl record collection that had been literally gathering dust for the past couple of decades (the Nuns and Barriers EPs I posted a while back were originally hers). We ended up walking out of her house with somewhere between 50 and 100 records... and that was only about half of her total collection. We live in Florida and this was in Virginia, so when we went home we filled a suitcase with a bunch and then left the rest at my parents' house.

I'd pretty much forgotten that we hadn't taken all the records with us until recently when my Dad wanted to know when the hell I was gonna come back and take the rest of the records. Oops. I suggested mailing them to me in small batches over time via media mail, but my mom doesn't understand how media mail works and instead spent a small fortune shipping 25 pounds of vinyl through UPS. :v:

So here's what I've been going through tonight:

(click to embiggen)

Oh and apparently this is only about half of the stuff that was at my parents' house. That record cleaning kit I just bought is about to see a lot of use.

Edit: The list in no particular order...

Big Brother & the Holding Company - Cheap Thrills
Earl Hines - Once Upon a Time
Jimi Hendrix - The Cry of Love
Iggy Pop - The Idiot
Television - Marquee Moon
The Rascals' Greatest Hits
Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes
Mott the Hoople - Rock and Roll Queen
Hot Lips Page - Feelin' High & Happy
Hank Crawford - True Blue
Alice Cooper - Love it to Death
Weather Report - Mysterious Traveler
Johnny Winter And - Live
Johnny Winter - Nothin' But the Blues
George Benson - Goodies
George Benson - White Rabbit
Gabor Szabo - His Greatest Hits
The Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack - The Nice
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard
Edgar Winter's White Trash - Self-titled
BB King - Live at The Regal
The Rocky Horror Picture Show OST
Jimmy Smith - The Monster
Simon and Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme
Bob Seger - Night Moves
Neil Young - Journey Through the Past OST
The James Gang - Straight Shooter
The Allman Brothers Band at Fillmore East
The Allman Brothers Band - Enlightened Rogues
The Allman Brothers Band - S/T
Patti Smith Group - Easter
Eagles - The Long Run
The Grateful Dead - S/T (2 copies)
The Grateful Dead - Anthem of the Sun

Ballz fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 8, 2014

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I don't know if it's just a typo on your part considering the way everything else is formatted on your list, but that's the other way around. The Nice are the group. Rondo and Flower King of Flies are the standouts on that album.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme is awesome. 7 O'Clock News/Silent Night is one of those songs that's difficult to replicate in another format; it has to be on vinyl to be truly appreciated. Patterns is great, too. Of course Scarborough Fair, too.

Makes me jealous and I just went album hunting last week at an antique store.

My bad, thanks for pointing that out.

Did 180g vinyl exist back in the 60s and 70s? I ask because the record for the Earl Hines album is noticeably heavier and seems to be a bit thicker than the other records. It sounds really, really good too, even though I haven't cleaned it yet.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

BigFactory posted:

And a 180g record shouldn't really sound any different...

Sorry, I probably shouldn't have worded it like that. Most (all) of the records are extremely dirty due to years stashed away in a hoarder's house and a few show varying degrees of warping. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this particular one sounded when I played it last night in addition to the heavier feel it has when I handled it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Just one record tonight, Blueprint's brand new LP. Saw him live last night with Count Bass D and they both killed it. I knew Blueprint mostly from his stuff with Rjd2 back in the day, so it was nice hearing new material from him. He also did a pretty kickass cover of Radiohead's Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box.

Both Blueprint and the Count are doing a pretty big tour across the U.S. this summer, I definitely recommend checking them out.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Partycat posted:

I actually have had this album and never listened to it - it's pretty cool.

Yeah, I'm also enjoying it quite a bit (10cc's "Sheet Music"). Their first album, which I also bought, tries a little too hard with its faux-50s throwback sound. Whoever said 10cc's problem is being too clever for their own good hit the nail on the head. Sheet Music manages to keep it all together though, albeit barely.

In other news I'm seriously tempted of picking this thing up:

A Finnish gothic metal tribute to Scrooge McDuck from one of the dudes in Nightwish. The above is just a 10-inch single, there's a full-length double LP of it that just came out last month. Pretentious gothic metal isn't really my thing but goddamn do I love me some Scrooge.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Ras Het posted:

This doesn't make that record any less dumb or bad (I heard bits of it in a record shop a while ago), but I'd like to point out that in Finland Donald Duck comics have roughly the same omnipresent cultural significance that The Simpsons and all those loving talk shows have in the US, so it's not even an esoteric project, just an achingly lame one. Not to mention Nightwish's absurd popularity here.

Yeah, I'm a huge Donald/Scrooge comic fan, so I'm being drawn (no pun intended) to the Don Rosa artwork more than music itself.

While I try not to be a sucker for packaging alone, I think Tuomas Holopainen discovered my kryptonite on this one.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Another batch of records came in the mail that once belonged to my late mother-in-law. I'll take pictures and list them later, but my initial :woop: at finding a copy of Miles Davis' "Bitches Brew" in the pile turned to :sigh: when I discovered the first record was missing.

So umm, if anyone has a spare side 1/2 of Bitches Brew lying around, let me know. Original pressing, circa 1970.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 2, 2014

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

BigFactory posted:

It might be in another jacket.

It's possible, although unfortunately I still may not have it, as we only took approximately half of my mother-in-law's collection with us (she deemed the rest of the music as being terrible and not worth taking). I also unfortunately discovered tonight that the Gabor Szabo double LP I included in my last haul is actually two copies of the second record. The first record is nowhere to be found. My mother-in-law may have had awesome taste in music, but she wasn't really one to take good care of her stuff, unfortunately.

But hey, with that in mind, here's a pic of the last box shipped to us:

Steppenwolf - For Ladies Only
James Gang - Live in Concert
James Gang - Rides Again
Bob Dylan - Another Side of Bob Dylan
The Allman Brothers - Reach for the Sky
Miles Davis - Live Evil
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew (missing second record)
Ry Cooder - Chicken Skin Music
The Fugs - The Belle of Avenue A
Chick Corea and Return to Forever - Light as a Feather
Billie Holiday - Volume II
Billie Holiday - The Original Recordings
Billie Holiday - A Rare "Live" Recording of Billie Holiday
Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters and Bo Diddley - The Super Blues Band
Muddy Waters - After the Rain
John Abercrombie and Ralph Towner - Sargasso Sea
Les McCann - New From the Big City
Julian Priester - Keep Swingin'
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland
Aretha Franklin - Greatest Hits
Leon Russell - Carney
Leon Russell - And the Shelter People
Mountain - Climbing
Jackson Browne - For Everyman
Jackson Browne - Running on Empty
Jackson Browne - The Pretender
George Carlin - Take-Offs and Put-Ons
Norman Connors - Love From the Sun
"How to Enjoy College on Impulse" - Impulse Records Sampler (January 1967)
Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant
The Kinks - Sleepwalker
The Kinks - Misfits
Gerry Mulligan and Chet Baker/Buddy DeFranco Quartet
Frank Strozier Quartet - March of the Siamese Children
Herbie Mann - Live at Whiskey A Go Go

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

stay depressed posted:

plan 9 in richmond

Which is a shame, because about 10, 15 years ago it was probably the BEST store in Richmond.

Edit: I haven't run into any overall bad stores in Tampa-St. Pete, I mostly go between Bananas Music and Daddy Kool Records. I will say they both have pretty disappointing hip hop selections overall, and I've struggled finding any place that covers them pretty well down here.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 27, 2014

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

In other news I picked this up today (maybe NWS for pastry vag). Still in its original shrinkwrap, probably because nobody buys this to listen to the album.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

JehovahsWetness posted:

Both the jacket and record (in sleeve, behind jacket) are placed together in a polysleeve. I store my poo poo this way and find it a lot easier than mucking around with getting record in/out of jackets and possibly exacerbating any seam splits, etc. Absolutely necessary when dealing with fragile JA/BR/African sleeves and thin euro poo poo (I actually store some of these w/ the record in a blank 12" jacket). So once a record is on the shelf the jacket basically never leaves the polysleeve.

This is actually a pretty good suggestion and makes sense if you keep your records in polysleeves. I might start doing this, particularly with the more beat-up covers in my collection.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

a worthy uhh posted:

I like pink vinyl the best usually.

My wife just picked up the Teaches of Peaches on pink vinyl and it looks nice except there's a small, brown discolored splotch on side B so it kind of looks like Peaches wiped her rear end on it.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

They even put it out on cassette. Where's the 8-track release?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Holy poo poo. Just walked into the local record store today not expecting anything new, when I see a small stack of Record Store Day Ghostbusters EPs on the shelf, $17. Apparently they're still getting in random RSD shipments and these arrived a few days ago, along with an assortment of other RSD releases.

My day for singles wasn't done either. Also picked up a 2009 Record Store Day 45 of Leonard Cohen, while my wife grabbed Dropkick Murphys/The Business' "Mob Mentality" single.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Actually I just learned that apparently they're re-pressing the Ghostbusters 10" -- my copy has no reference to Record Store Day on it, nor is it numbered.

I wasn't interested in it for the exclusivity, but it does make me glad I didn't shell out a ton of money for it online a month or two ago.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Khorne Flakes posted:

On a whim, I went to a local store that I haven't been to in awhile. They just received a lost shipment of stuff from RSD and they had a couple of these guys in. Pretty drat happy to find this up on the wall.

I was briefly fooled too -- but that's not the Record Store Day release. Note that there's no mention of RSD on the front label, and it's not numbered on the back.

Still the exact same thing otherwise, it just turns out they were gonna give it a wider release a few months after the initial batch of numbered 2,000.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

BigFactory posted:

Found my first Blue Note record in a goodwill store today. It's Donald Byrd - Places and Spaces from 1975, so it's not Blue Train or Out To Lunch or something, but still pretty cool. Sleeve is split badly but the record is perfect and it still has the inner.

Was at my Goodwill store digging through the records just today and man, 90 percent of them had completely split covers. Guess there's a good reason a lot of them end up in Goodwill bins.

Didn't find anything of interest, although there was an unusual number of German 10" records that looked to be from the early 1960s, probably polka or something along those lines.

Also pretty amusing to find random Laserdisc movies mixed in with the records. :laugh:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

:stare: By the time it gets to Happiness is a Warm Gun, it is just completely, utterly loving nuts.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

daspope posted:

I guess people with good taste in music keep dieing here. Randy Newman's Sail Away was inside the Tom Rush sleeve.

That's some killer thrift store luck you've had. While there are several pretty awesome record stores where I am that have great used selections, I've never had any luck at all in actual Goodwill/thrift stores. Just the usual 1950s Christmas albums and split cover Polka music.

Allen Wren posted:

That font on the Paul Simon record has always weirded me out. It looks like it belongs on a movie poster. And not the sort of movie that Paul Simon would be anywhere near.

:laffo: I know exactly what you mean. I think it's a combination of that baseball cap and the 70s photo filter.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Holy poo poo. That's amazing.

Wait... $400 for the whole set? :negative:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

This is exactly why we were speaking of the Beatles, yes.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I'm fairly new to perusing discogs.com and was wondering how comprehensive they usually are when it comes to varying differences with releases.

They only have two listings for Gabor Szabo - His Great Hits; the original 1971 release and then a repressing by MCA in 1980. This is one of the albums inherited from my late mother-in-law (original pressing) and when I went to listen to it I realized that for reasons unknown she actually had two copies of side 1/2 with side 3/4 missing. It's not an expensive an album, so today I picked up a replacement copy for five bucks, making sure at the time that it wasn't the MCA repressing.

But when I compared the two copies back home, I realized there are subtle differences in the packaging, although the catalogue number is the same between the two. I wasn't sure how anal a website like discogs would be at this seemingly third version of the album or if for all intents and purposes, these two copies are considered the same.

My totally unsubstantiated theory: my mother-in-law's copy was a recalled first pressing because it accidentally came packaged with two of the same record, and is thus worth a small fortune. Someone please tell me this is correct, I got bills to pay. :pray:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Holy poo poo.

brb gonna go sell off my firstborn.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

My $1 Goodwill find of the day:

So as expected, the Goodwill vinyl selection was lacking, to say the least. The only exception is the the above 10" record. For me anyways, it stood out amongst the Linda Rondstadt and 1950s Christmas albums: it looked old as poo poo, was absolutely filthy (the above pics are AFTER I cleaned it, it probably could stand about 2 or 3 more trips through the Spin Clean) and felt really heavy in my hands. For a buck I figured I had little to lose.

It's actually... really, really good. No idea how old it is; my guess is somewhere between 1940 and 1945 (Edit: this would indicate ~1947). Muchachita sounds like it came straight off my Fallout soundtrack, while Los Timbales has a bit more Latin flair. It's also 78rpm shellac, my very first.

Probably not worth much more than the buck I paid for it (unsurprisingly, it's not listed on discogs), but for me at least, it's a neat little addition to the collection.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 28, 2014

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Shellac records are fun to look through as there are such a variety of group names. Out of the handful of records I have, my favorite artist name is Deacon Utley And The Smile A While Quartet which is, unsurprisingly, gospel. I also have an Arthur Godfrey one. On one side, he's accompanied by the Too Fat Trio, who had to be inspired by the Too Fat Polka, which Godfrey covered.

Yep, Discogs has few shellac records. I think all except perhaps two of the ones I cataloged were new additions.

They are pretty neat, and I hit up a couple of random thrift stores today and saw pretty large piles of them that I never paid any notice to before. I even saw one 78 that was blue! I guess gimmick colors has always been a thing, even before the advent of vinyl.

I didn't pick up any more, because my wife would probably kill me if I started filling up our collection with random 70-year-old granny records, but I was really tempted of grabbing a pair of Ink Spots and Bing Crosby 78s I spied. Maybe I'll just keep them hidden away somewhere. :ninja:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Assuming the turntable can do 78rpm you should be able to play it fine. I believe it's even recommended to play them on modern equipment, because old-timey phonographs had heavier styluses that can wear out the grooves much more quickly.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Cemetry Gator posted:

To play 78s, you'll need some different equipment. As far as the turntable goes, if it can go to 78, you're fine. You will need a different stylus, since the stylus you have is designed to play on vinyl records, and you'll need something that's better suited for how 78s were cut. Finally, you might want to see if there are different equalizer settings. Basically, your phono-preamp is designed for the RIAA equalization curve, which will make the records not sound exact. But there's a bunch of different curves, and you may get good results by playing with your receiver's EQ settings.

I was able to play mine with a regular stylus... granted the sound quality was pretty poo poo, but I'm not sure how improved it would be with a different stylus. I don't have a very special setup as-is, and the turntable -- despite the ability to handle 78rpm -- is pretty low grade (I have a Numark in storage that I've been meaning to swap it out with, but it needs a new cartridge... and it doesn't do 78rpm).

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Thanks for the 78 stylus comparisons, it definitely showcases the difference. In my case, I probably can't do much without getting a third turntable... like I said earlier while one of my current turntables can play 78 rpm speed, it's also really low grade and doesn't seem to have a way of replacing the stylus. What you see is what you get with it, which I didn't realize until after I purchased it.

I should've known better. I... got it at FYE. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

My other turntable is a Numark and when I do eventually get it hooked back up, I'd like a dust cover for it, because fuckin' cats in the house, man.

This is exactly what I need, but apparently it's been discontinued and I can't find it anywhere, not even eBay. Didn't know if anyone here had any leads on one.