Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Jerry Cotton posted:

God drat those are expensive frames. Urban Outfitters seems to have a similar product for €16.

They are packs of 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Peacebone posted:

Listening to the first song and am getting some Grandaddy vibes + and lots of other stuff, but this is really good man! Probably going to buy a copy.

Bought. Love to support this stuff.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Polonium posted:

Well, this might be a pretty stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.
After having seen Pulp live yesterday, I am more than ever convinced that I need Different Class on vinyl. I know it's quite rare/pricey nowadays, but I'm willing to spend a bit, it's worth it to me.

After checking ebay (ebay.de, ebay.co.uk, ebay.nl and ebay.com), I noticed multiple listings with Japan as Item Location - should I assume these to be bootlegs? There's e.g. this listing, but I'd really like to be at least relatively sure I'm not getting some crappy bootleg before I drop that amount of money...

Someone help me, please? :ohdear:

As a Pulp collector it looks legit to me. It's the 2nd pressing without the interchangeable covers (more common). FYI This Is Hardcore was recently repressed about 2 years ago.

midge fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 18, 2011

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Polonium posted:

Thanks a lot for your reply and the heads-up about This Is Harcore, although I already own that one :)
Of course I'd prefer the one with the interchangeable covers, but... oh well.
Just one more question, if you don't mind.
My co-worker mentioned something about Different Class being quite common on vinyl in the Netherlands - I think he said something about getting it on record fairs for like 20$. Do you know anything about that? As I'm living in Germany, the Netherlands aren't that far, plus I know some people there and might as well send them out...

I've no idea why that would be the case. Even so, people would have got wise and flipped the poo poo out of them on eBay already.

There was a re-release of Different Class in 2000 on Simply Vinyl (SVLP166), but that was also in the UK.

Now would be the idea time for me to sell on my collection, but I don't think I could part with it.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Polonium posted:

Welp, thanks for confirming what I already thought.
But for some good news, I found that site, they're reissueing the first three albums by Pulp come September, so there's hope for further reissues :)

Not really. Fire was the first label that signed Pulp, so they are just trying to ride this most recent wave of interest for them. They actually left Fire due to Separations not getting a timely release (Freaks was also delayed by almost a year).

So while the first three getting reissued is really cool, it means gently caress all for the Island releases. They only released one single with Gift before having a joint contract with Gift/Island.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

I Might Be Adam posted:

It really is a great EP. I wish it had at least one more song on it though. I love the personal touch of all the hand numbering, labeling, side a/b etc.

Not to mention the personal note! Mine arrived nice and fast to Toronto.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

screaden posted:

There is good report on pitchfork about this, they have quotes from the label heads and damage estimates. How can they find who is responsible for this? and why?

Is this a joke?

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
http://www.walkingwallofwords.com/releases.html

Instant purchase. The site is getting hammered right now.

e: in my excitement I totally didn't see the post on the last page! Which is far better than mine.

LtTennisBall posted:

So Jeff Mangum just put up a massive new website for Neutral Milk Hotel, including news that a new vinyl boxset is coming out in November, containing everything they've ever released (On Avery Island, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, Everything Is) three seven inches (one with Holland, 1945 b/w engine, one with two unreleased tracks, one with two versions of the track Little Bird) a 10 inch with 8 unreleased tracks and two posters.

The website is here, http://www.walkingwallofwords.com/releases.html and also contains a stream with two of the unreleased tracks (Oh Sister/Ferris Wheel on Fire).

e: in my excitement I totally messed up what was actually in the boxset, fixed that.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
My haul over the past 7 days :

Pulp - This Is Hardcore (Original release)
Batman - Radio Show LP (still sealed)
Times Square - Soundtrack (A great mix of punk and new wave from a movie I never want to see)
North By Northwest - Original Motion Picture Score (Simply cool)

Live Stiff Live - Comp album from this little label that signed mostly "Pub Bands".
Buddy Holly - Self explanatory
Elton John - A MINT copy of Yellow Brick Road
The Undertones - Positive Touch

The biggest score. A JVC JL-F45, great condition and in very good mechanical shape. Direct drive, whisper quiet and a repeat function. Best TT I've owned so far. I really need to pick up a better preamp for around ~$200. Suggestions?

midge fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 1, 2011

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Ron Burgundy posted:

Pro-ject Phono Box II, they're great.

Thanks for the advice. I know precious little about all this stuff. I'm on a budget build here and slowly getting things together. Will this work OK with a Shure M97xE?

I can't believe just how complex analog really is when you start looking at all the different components.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Mach 30 posted:

What's that Craigslist? A working 1969 Seeburg LS2 for $20.00? Don't mind if I do!

Wow.

Even more so considering the price they go for ~$1000

midge fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 16, 2011

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
NMH boxset arrived. It really has great production quality. My 2nd best purchase of the year, with number one being the Mr Gasser reprints on Black Friday.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Another awesome announcement today. It's Protomen related...

http://soundmachinestore.bigcartel.com/product/makeup-and-vanity-set-presents-vinyl

Just look at that loving disc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ek6DbAAdac

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Wait, is this just chiptune stuff? I can't stand Protomen, but The Stand and Will Of One Byte just sounds like pure chiptune. Good chiptune, even.

It's the first album chiptuned. So it's Protomen, chiptuned.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Blendy posted:

Thanks for the code. I love Justice and Daft Punk so I'm excited to check this out.

Also taken. Thanks.

Edit : This guy is heavily influenced by Danger, holy poo poo.

midge fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 22, 2012

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Double posting because gently caress yeah:

That's just terrific. Finally getting Song 5 on vinyl without having to pay far out the rear end for an early EP. Killer.

Where the gently caress is the preorder button?!?!

EFB by an edit!

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Why does this happen with every loving boxset?

quote:

Hi there,

Thank you for having pre-ordered the Anniversary Edition of Turn on The Bright Lights. Unfortunately due to manufacturing reasons, your physical copy of the album may arrive a few days after December 11th. We deeply apologize for this inconvenience! To hold you over until the album arrives at your door, we will be sending you a copy of the Digital Version on December 4th at 12am EST.

Thanks so much for your patience. The physical album version will be with you in no time!

All the best,
Interpol

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

alg posted:

I don't really see this as a big deal. Record collectors are pretty spergy as a whole, if you aren't paying an insane amount of money for a record they shouldn't have to listen to crazy whining.

It's one thing taking that attitude with your friends punk band, it's quite another when you are representing a huge intellectual property. What an rear end in a top hat.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

Cool, thanks.

ALSO, do you guys have any recommendations for good backpacks to carry vinyl in? I'm just looking for something I can fit a 15" laptop in that doesn't look like a child's bag.

I've used an Addict Recordpak for over 10 years now. It still looks great and not very worn at all. I guess this is the equivalent these days?

http://www.addict.co.uk/item/Item_ADDICTRECORDPAKMKV_1407_0_784_1.html

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Getting hold of a replacement stylus to replace my Shure 5X is becoming a pain in the rear end in Toronto. For $15 more I can buy an Ortofon OM5 or for $55 more a 2M Red Phono Cartridge. Is the difference between the two worth the price difference?

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

$150 for those four songs is an amazing deal. Why am I having trouble with this.

Because you don't want to sell it. If you don't need the cash why bother?

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

alg posted:

Surprise!

Isn't this the guy that told people to "get hosed" if they didn't like the coloured vinyl they'd receive?

Edit : This one? http://modern-vinyl.com/2013/01/11/star-wars-episode-1-receives-1st-pressing/

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
So Pulp just announced they are putting out a 12" version of After You out on RSD in the UK. Would someone be kind enough to buy it and send it over for me? Willing to give blowjobs/paypal in return.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Two things you should never, ever do on the internet :

1) Self diagnose illness.
2) Look at RSD releases for a different region.
:negative:

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
I picked up the White Stripes release along with the (personally) long awaiting Pulp single. Regardless of your opinion on Jack White, this LP is a real example of why analog is worth the effort. It sounds fantastic, every single song comes over so clear and as intended. Blown away.

Those of you talking about "RSD every pay day of the year". I'm pretty sure most people in here feel the same and that "RSD HAS SOLD OUT" and all that. The bottom line is that it gets punters into stores that for the most part are independent. It is what it is, no one is making you get up at 6am to queue for a limited Spandau Ballet reissue.

I sadly didn't manage to get the Frightened Rabbit album, I'm not even sure any made it to Toronto. If anyone is selling it send me a PM :)

midge fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 22, 2013

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Oh so this online store that did a wishlist type thing for RSD just emailed me saying they've got my entire list. 22 items.

I was totally loving kidding with that thing, I didn't realize they'd actually set this poo poo aside for me :stare:

Turning round and not buying this stuff would be a pretty lovely thing to do; depends if you want to keep a relationship with the vendor.

That said, if the Frightened Rabbits LP I mentioned above is on there I'd take it off you hands. I wanted to snag it as a birthday present.

Edit : This fucker got 18 of them? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/The-Midnight...#ht_1545wt_1163

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
The terminology is a bit hosed, in no other context would I expect a "wishlist" to be "I WILL BUY THIS ASAP WITH NO OTHER CONSIDERATION".

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Doctor Cave posted:

Did someone say Sunbather?

It's so beautiful. And I had no problems ordering it from Deathwish.

I can't believe how good this album is.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
I picked up "...Like Clockwork" in spite of it splitting a 10 song album over 4 sides, a trend I loving hate. Then I realized that it runs at 45rpm, I've never used this my curent turntable at that speed before and it appears to struggle with it.

It's an old JVC Direct Drive and although you can adjust the speed it can't quite get up to 45rpm, I would guess it's reaching around 42rpm. What could this be? I've never opened up a deck before and I'd like to avoid it really.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Does anyone know which of the 3 colours of the new Crosses LP is the most limited? My local store just gave me free pick of white, charcoal or pink and I'm having a hell of a time figuring out numbers of the pressings. According to eBay it's charcoal, but you know how that is.

SUPER RARE SOMETHING AWFUL POST ****

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

BigFactory posted:

For 70 buck a shelf they're pretty cool.

I never understood the collector mentality of spending thousands on items then storing them in one of the cheapest ways possible.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
/\/\ Do you plan to store the beer long term for future enjoyment?

Collector forums estimate a 5x5 expedit can hold about 2500 records. Lets say the average record costs about $5, which is pretty conservative. You are willing to store $12,500 worth of stuff in something worth 1% of your investment?

I guess they are functional, but you pay for what you get.

midge fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 20, 2014

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

CPL593H posted:

I don't want to think about how much money I've spent on these things. Not even slightly.

Why do you think I used the word investment? No one wants to think about it. If that $130 shelf fucks up it will cost far more than that to replace the damage. Maybe I'm a little over protective, I was always the kid that bought a carry case for consoles and poo poo. Buy cheap buy twice.

wa27 posted:

And all this time I've been storing my records in free milk crates

I'd argue those milk crates are worth more than an expedit. In Toronto they changed the milk crates a while ago and they no longer fit 12" records. The old style ones are pretty sought after!

$13 each. http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10000531&N=&Ntt=milk+. You'd need about 25 for the same storage as an expedit, costing twice as much for a solution!

midge fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 20, 2014

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

kirkjames posted:

The Only Correct Way to store records is in a paper sleeve, outside the jacket, but inside the polybag. also correct to have the polybag opening up, but i face my paper sleeve up as well. keeps the jackets from getting ringwear, and incredibly easy to just pull out and play without messing with the bag.

the only question here is inserts/printed inners: outside the jacket or no?

Epic trolling. The misuse of capital letters is masterful.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

CPL593H posted:

"What is the sound of an apple crying?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss0XNOWvzlU

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

eggsovereasy posted:

I wanted the Blind Melon release last year, right after RSD it was going for like $35. I decided to wait for a bit because of advice like that and now it sells for $60-70. So not always.

Mostly the same experience. The chances of a title going up in value after RSD are much greater than it being offered for less than what it originally sold for. Why take the chance?

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Defleshed posted:

This is so awesome, thank you!

Not super-hyped about much this year. I'd like to get that Casket Lottery/Small Brown Bike Split re-release though.

X2. Thanks for that list. I totally missed Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon the on their website.

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
I've had the MUCH older version of this for about 10 years now.

http://www.addict.co.uk/item/Brand_ADDICTRECORDPAKMKV_441_0_784_1.html

Mine looks more like this. It's honestly the most reliable bag I've ever owned. It's been a record bag, my travel pack for god knows how many miles and now my gym bag. If they stil make them to the same standard you should think twice about it.

midge fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 13, 2014

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.

Fors Yard posted:

Danger's new EP is available for pre-order, now. Amazon.fr or itunes. I just navigated the .fr site and ordered from the states. After the shipping and conversion, it came out to $24, so a bit pricey, but I'm a dumb collector. No idea the edition, but past EPs have been 500 copies. There's my RSD purchase...

http://1789records.com/artists/danger/danger-july-2013-ep-available-now/

Thanks for the heads up. I missed his previous ones.

For those not aware of Danger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAP6F_nFzZ0

midge fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Perturbator - Dangerous Days goes on presale today (as of 5 minutes ago). 75 copies in USA/Canada on colour and 35 on black.

http://www.blood-music.com/store-us/

I already bagged my black one, but the website is choking the gently caress out. Paid way too much in postage, but I don't care. I loving love this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_uEt2aoFaI

midge fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 23, 2014