Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
This cost like $60 in wood to make and is way better than the typical crates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

SeXReX posted:

speaking of signing poo poo what do you guys do when you buy records at shows. do you just stand there holding it the rest of the show? put it in coat check?

Usually hold it awkwardly. But at numerous shows I've asked the merch booth if they can just hold it for me in a bag I write my name on until after the show and they're always "fine, but we won't take responsibility if it gets stolen" but that has never happened.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Schremp Howard posted:

Heading to Chicago for Riot Fest this weekend. Was last in Chicago five years ago and found loads of stuff at Reckless. Any other shops worth checking out?

The Reckless on Broadway is really good, and I would also recommend Dusty Groove on Ashland and Hyde Park Records.

e: also Shuga Records is right down the street from Dusty Groove if you head there.

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 15, 2017

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Snapes N Snapes posted:

I'm looking for a new record player, something decent mid-rangey not too expensivey with a plastic dust cover (right now I've a cloth dust cover Stanton one).

I've been looking at a Audio-Technica AT-LP120USBHC, but am insure about how good it is or if there are any better players available in the same price range?

Anyone got any ideas? Cheers!

I'm not sure about others in the price range that might be better, but I am super happy with mine. I also have a belt drive audio-technica (LP60) that has worked like a champ for years, so I definitely trust the brand.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Boinks posted:

Has there ever been a picture disc that wasn't released in a clear vinyl cover?

Plays like poo poo of course.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

MrSargent posted:

This is where I am at and it's like looking up a flight of 400 stairs when you just ran 10 miles.

I finally did it three years ago and then never updated it after so now I'm like 100+ behind and it's never gonna happen.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Pseudophile posted:

A holy grail of mine arrived today.

Super jealous.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

I am all about the Office Space soundtrack on "stapler red" vinyl.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Giga Gaia posted:

that looks like a rare one from volcano records not that mass produced one from sony. but who knows? tool albums are hilariously priced too.

The picture disc Lateralus plays like poo poo too

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Thanks to this thread I found out my dredg albums are worth a lot, and my median $250 pressing of El Cielo has this cool poo poo I never knew about :

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Let's pretend their last album never happened and their self announced new record and tour this year is actually gonna happen

Nail Rat posted:

I am so angry that I missed out on the 10th anniversary press of Catch Without Arms.

I'll eventually suck it up and pay the discogs price, but not today.

Whenever you do, it's a cool package and totally worth it. I love Drew's artwork

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Cemetry Gator posted:

I put them on the shelf in whatever order I put them there.

There is no organization. David Bowie next to REM next to Gnarls Barkley.

I am a monster.

Same. They were ordered alphabetically once upon a time but after like one get together of people throwing stuff on no one put them back correctly and I said gently caress it.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

How much does a Fear Inoculum bootleg go for?

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

The Denzel Curry and Glass Animals (also featuring Denzel Curry) 7"/12" releases look sweet, but nothing as far as full albums. Not worth the hassle, but if I see them around like the day after I would definitely cop those.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

That PUSA kickstarter is up to $280k with three days to go, jesus haha. Good for them.

If anyone else preordered the new Purity Ring from their site looks like it's coming signed

https://twitter.com/PURITY_RING/status/1237885995552403457

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

This looks rad, a signed release of dredg live at the Fillmore:

https://dredg.merchnow.com/products/v2/314915/live-at-the-fillmore--signed-litho

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

I finally have a picture disc that plays flawlessly :toot:

I just assumed it would play like crap from experience

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

AccountSupervisor posted:

Snagged Songs for the Deaf 2LP and Carly Rae Jepsens Emotion for $30. Sweet deal.

With the $10 off coupon I just got Emotion for $5.77 shipped lol

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

My $5 Carly Rae Jepsen from uDiscover came in last Thursday, great deal.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

I preordered this live dredg album back in June of 2020.

Fast forward 8 months and it's finally here!

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

That dredg album I posted a few pages back certainly didn't take long to skyrocket:

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

phosdex posted:

The deluxe 3x vinyl version of Give Up by The Postal Service seems to have been repressed if anyone cares. Subpop has it up and I have received a copy. https://megamart.subpop.com/collections/the-postal-service/products/the-postal-service_give-up-deluxe-edition

Mine came in on Wednesday. Excellent package, thanks for the heads up. The gatefolds rule.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

This looks neat and is actually reasonably priced!

https://polyvinylrecords.com/product/summer_singles_2010_2020

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

I know it's 5 LPs but The Long Goodbye repress is $130 before shipping? Was (stupidly) hoping it would have a bit of a better price point.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

So it's $380 for the equivalent of a Pikachu slipmat?

I'm interested.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

dredg put Leitmotif on all streaming services and are releasing a vinyl version tomorrow sometime. Great album and dredg stuff is kind of hard to come by.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Cool, I got one. Shipping 7/22, yikes. I will have long forgotten about this purchase by then.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

CPL593H posted:

I don't know why you would want a turntable table with bluetooth.

I upgraded to a bluetooth specifically because our living room is massive and now I am able to keep the record player in one corner right next to all of the records. It connects to our surround sound receiver under the TV and sounds great without having wires running all over the floor, especially with two cats and a dog.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

The unsigned edition of that Tool LP with the etchings is "only" $170 so that's better than $810 at least?

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Nihonniboku posted:

So, after nearly 3 weeks in transit, I finally got the new Arcade Fire album, this was a special edition preorder one. Sadly, it's a little banged up, which I'm not surprised by given how long it seemed to be lost in the mail. The vinyl itself seems to be in good shape though.

That said, I emailed customer service last week saying that it seemed to be lost in the mail, and they're apparently sending me a replacement copy, which is due to be delivered this Friday according to the tracking number.

Man you really can't unsee the mouse pointer on the album cover once you know it's there

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

I think the cursor is only on the special Spotify edition and not the "normal" vinyl cover. So...I don't know? haha

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Took forever to get here but this is rad as hell and my living room is shaking

https://twitter.com/angrygodofjebus/status/1544414585033310210?t=0JGlL2OnyCO56A4EmFvQCg

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

CornHolio posted:

I'm the same, I bought both of those last month. Is that the Lateralus picture disc? Mine's nice and foily and looks cool but the disc itself is kind of noisy and I've read that that's because they're picture discs. It doesn't bother me much but I'm curious as to how you think it sounds.

Undertow sounds amazing on vinyl. Real punchy. At least compared to my CD, but I swear Opiate and Undertow had bad CD mixes. I noticed my vinyl copy of Opiate sounds a ton better than my CD.

The Lateralus picture disc sucks rear end sound wise on all of them. Looks great, plays like poo poo.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

I ordered the 20th anniversary edition of dredg's Leitmotif on 11/15/21.

Heyyyyy it finally shipped! These vinyl delays are so long I basically forgot I ordered the poo poo.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

IUG posted:

I ordered it the same day, and got it today!

(Grumble grumble, why don't they label their sides? I started side B first...)

Haha awesome! I forgot what even was on the shirt, the penguin in the desert rules.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

I bought the dredg vault after saying I wouldn't because I like supporting the artists I love/I'm an idiot.

The Halong Bay flexi vinyl looks neat as hell at the very least.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

I'm really surprised at all the Amazon shipping issues people have run into. I've ordered probably 20+ albums from there over the years, and each has come in the typical cardboard record mailer that everyone else uses. Never had a problem with a warped record. Maybe some distribution centers are better than others, or I've just been really lucky.

Same. I just looked and I've ordered 32 records from Amazon and have had absolutely zero issues in the Chicago area.

e: all of mine have also come in the cardboard mailers, no plastic bags as mentioned below. Odd.

The only issue I did have is they sent me A Charlie Brown Christmas by The Vince Guaraldi Trio instead of the record I ordered on accident but how can you be mad at that. I didn't even complain.

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 8, 2022

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

HORSE the Band is a name on that list I haven't heard in forever.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Arcella posted:

wow I missed this the first time I scrolled through. Takes me back to freshman year of college.

Hard same. Really wish it was the album with Cutsman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Birthday stuff! Does anyone have any experience with this cleaner?