Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

Thelonious Funk posted:

There's a couple of neat GURPS things here created by headlor.

And I quite enjoy making stuff like this (because I am a crazy person), so if anyone has any requests for specific crib sheets let me know.

I recently ran a sci-fi game with the players as space adventurers. The various Spaceship books contain an extremely neat and tidy system for creating the stat lines of various spaceships. From chemical rocket two stage, to faster than light bioships. It's complex, without being actually hard to create stuff. There are even 2 different combat systems, one very loose and free form (similar to the Mass Combat system if anyone has used that) and the other which is extremely tactical. Worth a look if you want to run a space based game.

I bring this up to point out that there is a wealth of pdf only stuff on e23. It's got loads of stuff that would never be published as a book, but might be just what you are looking for for your game. Though I have thought it a bit overpriced sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

And Standing <-> Sitting, Standing <-> Crouch, Sitting <-> Lying down.

Also Committed Attack (Determined), Committed Attack (Strong), Reverse Grip. All-Out Defence (Double), All-Out Defence (Increased).

I actually started work on doing something similar. I made some combat cards which I think someone posted a link to on the first page, but I decided to make some updated one for the bronze age campaign I'm running at the moment.

Happy to post them somewhere if you want a starting point, but they're still a bit rough.

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

Dunno if it's exactly what you're looking for, but I made something along those lines for my personal use way back when. There's a crib sheet with a bunch of combat notes, and a sheet with all the different (standard) combat manoeuvres. Both linked from here: http://www.steampunkrobot.com/

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

I'd think the 4th book High Tech has basically enough weaponry and equipment that you wouldn't need to do any conversion. It certainly covers WW2 era gear.

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

Grand Prize Winner posted:

How hard would it be to just knock the 3e vehicles system into 4e GURPS? From my limited read of 3e vehicles rules it seems like the only way the PCs' stats interact with the vehicles are through their driving/piloting and repair skills.

The famously complicated 3e vehicle rules? I wouldn't bother personally.

Oh yeah, also the High Tech books has WW2 vehicles in it. Not an exhaustive list, but certainly enough to act as a guide.

• Locked thread