Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Stump Truck posted:

I'll be there in exactly a week. Anyone know any special events going on between October 5-8? We're pretty much set on day-to-day stuff we want to do, clubs we want to go to, etc but if there was anything super special we might be interested in it.

Edit: Sorry, it's going to be me and 6 other guys, 23-24 years old if it matters.

Hey cool! I'll be there for those days as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Am I crazy, or is Vegas more expensive this year? Last year two roundtrip flights out of Houston and a three night stay at TI cost $850, now it seems I can't even get the flights for that little. Maybe I just have to be patient.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

What are table limits like on the strip at NYE? Treasure Island, to be specific.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Thanks for the heads-up all. I booked a trip 29th-1st. Hopefully gambling is a little cheaper on the 29th/30th, otherwise it's Fremont for me.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

jabro posted:

I totally glanced over the NYE part. Its probably going to be $25 the whole strip.

Quick update on this, I stayed at Paris and the tables were $10 pretty much the entire time. It went up to $15 at around 10:00 though.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Gatts posted:

So I went to Vegas earlier this year, had a loving blast, and now am going back again likely in December the week before Christmas. This time it's probably gonna be the Venetian.

Sup fellow twice a year buddy. Went in March and then again this past weekend. I think I'm gonna make the twice a year thing permanent from here on out :getin:

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Most people will tell you to avoid the Stratosphere and I'd be inclined to agree. That place is an absolute dump. Maybe do the rides during the day but I'd recommend heading to the strip for any drinking/lounge activities.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Haha I really like the Excalibur as TGI Friday's comparison. Only reason I go there/Luxor is because there's $5 craps and it's cheaper to put full odds on the pass line/come bets.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

JaySB posted:

My recommendation would be STK Brunch but I dunno about the price point.

You'll probably be a tad higher going to STK brunch, my guess would be in the $50-60 range if you're assuming a decent dish and a drink or two per person plus tip.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

I'm supposed to visit next weekend for March Madness which is going to be weird as hell, and a concert which I assume is going to be canceled. Made the mistake of booking an Airbnb instead of a cancelable hotel reservation as well. Ugh

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Will they let me play table games with latex gloves on??

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

I got half the Airbnb reservation refunded at least 🤷‍♂️

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Baddog posted:

Hey how'd you do that? My friend is stuck with one in LA.

I got lucky; that was the host’s policy (50% refund less the service fee if canceling over a week away).

I have an open message to Airbnb to try and recoup the rest on the grounds that there have been multiple cases in Clark County since I booked and my wife is a medical professional (grasping at straws to recoup haha). I haven’t gotten a response, I assume Airbnb is absolutely swamped right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

JaySB posted:

AirBnB is such a horrible company. If you paid with AMEX, just dispute the charge. There's literally no reason they should be enforcing cancellation fees.

I had to cancel a trip for medical reasons, they tried to keep all my money, then a few days later cancelled my AirBNB account. In the cancellation letter they sent they said that I'd be getting a refund for any upcoming stays...Lol so in theory if I had waited a few days I'd have just gotten a refund(?) Anyways, disputed that and I'm good to go.

Booked with a Chase Sapphire Reserve. It seems like their extenuating circumstances policy has been extended to all US bookings made before today with a check-in date before April 1:

https://news.airbnb.com/updating-our-extenuating-circumstances-policy/

So I should be able to get the rest of my money back. Failing that, I’ll file a claim with Chase citing that policy. Should be good to go.

Frustratingly, the Shania Twain concerts haven’t been canceled yet which I think will preclude me from getting a refund for that.