Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's funny because to me watching pagb's run sprawl looks bland as gently caress, and turbo overkill you may not vibe with the cyberpunk/synthwave aesthetic but it definitely has a style to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah all the guns and explosions in TO sound weak as gently caress it sucks lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Angryhead posted:

Saw it a couple of days ago as a patron - I really enjoyed the parasocial "breaking kayfabe" section.

i can't believe katie isn't real. i can't trust anything anymore

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They will let night dive do the work and then bin it for a tax write off before release

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Suppose for a moment that the most recent FPS someone played was Half-Life and missed that entirely trajectory of narrative-driven shooters that followed. What actually is the best game there?

Bioshock Infinite?

None are really what I would say feel like half life specifically but as a narrative experience while not being too FPS that has a story

Fear
Call of Juarez gunslinger
Titanfall 2? Might be too short
Wolfenstein the new order
Is tron 2.0 too rpg?

site fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 22, 2024

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Black Mesa is half life with better graphics (until xen when I tap out), and all I wanted out of Black Mesa was half life with better graphics so I'm generally happy with it.

DoombatINC posted:

I'd put the Metro games on that list, too

I've never played the Metro games before but have somehow ended up getting all 3 of them for free. But I have Metro last light complete edition on steam, which is unlisted in favor of last light redux, and i have LL redux on gog. Does anyone happen to know the difference between the complete edition and redux?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Hell yeah trespasser

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It would finally sell a second copy

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

The Kins posted:

Embracer has sold Gearbox off to Take-Two. Of relevance to this thread is that the Brothers in Arms and Duke Nukem franchises are included in the sale. Which realistically means absolutely nothing for their ongoing continuation or availability, but look, it's a slow news day.

Didn't take two own gearbox originally

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's just a link to Twitter home page

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm pretty sure the oldunreal patch modifies the game to use the community master server, along with all its other fixes

https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTournamentPatches/releases

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mierenneuker posted:

Just buy it from their own sto-- NUH-UH.

They even pulled it from GOG. Just taking an enormous steaming pile of poo poo on their own legacy.

Like nolf and tribes and avp2 the community has apparently gone ahead and set up dl links on archive for players

https://ut2004serverlist.com/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Fil5000 posted:

Tim Sweeney's deal is "Money? Money? MONEY!"

I mean, this is clearly not entirely true or they'd still be up for sale

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In 5, 10 years from now I may forget the nuanced changes of the Q2 Remaster--but I will Never Forget the Berserker's heat-seeking sonic leap attack

The leap attack and the waypoint system, for me

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
My parents hung on to having two phones lines with dial up internet instead of getting broadband for a very long time lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I actually use reshade in a lot of games, I'm not sure if it's the games themselves or my monitor but I often think colors are a little muted. But I only bump saturation up like from 0.0 to 0.15 so not a ridiculous boost

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

In Training posted:

Lol if you played the game like that you're 100% a serial killer.

yeah people who want to play out cop murder videos are someone you want to cross the street to avoid

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I ain't reading all that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah I played it a couple months ago and I think besides adding dgvoodoo it was fine

E: I don't know what I'm thinking, I know I did something but dg is for directx so it wasn't that

site fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 22, 2024

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Turin Turambar posted:

I hoped they would understand that authors of free megawads can spend whatever numbers of years doing what they want, hey it's their free time, but the relationship with the consumers change dramatically when a exchange of money take place...
I'm a bit naive, I know.

i think they basically stopped working on it to go do btsx e3

last update i saw was screens on doomworld last month for e2m6...e2...which came out last october

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
where is this supposedly attacking civvie at

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ngl i have been somewhat curious about it but i got sucked into fallout from the show, so maybe after i'm over that there will have been a patch or two

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If your balls are that radioactive you can call yourself Spider-Man

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Milo and POTUS posted:

What were all the "killers"? You know, games that were hyped to both meet and exceed x game in quality and fun factor and then bury it in sales. Doom killer and quake killer seem the most notable but I remember PS2 killzone being hyped as a halo killer back when. I'm asking because I got Reaver recently and while I haven't played beyond the demo yet it seems kinda unfair that anyone could consider it an ultrakill-killer. Not that it's bad but because they clearly love the source material so

Half life 2's episodic gaming was gonna be the dev cycle killer :sigh:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
doom is a oregon trail clone

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

catlord posted:

Oh man. When I was a kid my friend got Rebel Assault 2 and I was so jealous it looked so good. So then I saw the first game in a store and convinced my dad to get it, and neither he nor I were ever able to get past the tutorial. I've only ever seen the section past the opening canyons like, twice. I don't know what was up with that game.

RA2s like third or fourth level is flying a not-millennium falcon out of a cave that I couldn't beat for months until I could convince my parents to buy me a joystick specifically for that one level lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I wish it had more missions like that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean, wasn't he forced out because he was giving proprietary code to palmer lucky or some poo poo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if there was a version of cod dmz that was pve only i would keep buying those $70 games

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i can't even figure out that take, is the assumption here that the engine programmers would be the ones placing lights in the levels instead of the level designers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Huh I thought I already owned allied assault but I do now. Thanks