Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I have a question for the Bad Thread. In AFfC, Littlefinger tells Sansa that Lyn Corbray will continue to hate him and spread tales of Petyr's shittiness up and down the Vale. Sansa asks how Petyr will reward Corbray for this service, and Littlefinger says "with gold and boys and killing" or something to that effect.

I took this to mean that Corbray will drive his own enemies into the arms of Littlefinger, and in return Corbray will get the conflict (perhaps battles) that he wants in addition to gold and, well, boys?

It has been forever since I read Feast so am I totally off base on this or what.

Also Bronn is a glamoured Benjen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
It looks from the previews that Roose and Ramsay are sallying out to fight Stannis, which makes no sense on the show since they are alone in Winterfell with no troublesome Manderley conflicts to force them out.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Ketchup is only good because you can make homemade curry sauce with it by mixing curry powder into it. Which is actually good on hotdogs/brats.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Lol every Dorne character except the Sand Snakes get killed in the first episode. Ahahahaaha

edit: Hotah gets it first.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i have some questions about maesters

do noble houses just request a maester from the Citadel? Do they pay a fee or something?

Are maesters obligated to serve whoever rules the castle, even if ownership changes hands?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
dunno about the dothraki but a lot of the new blades the winterfell dudes have been making appear to be dragonglass spear-heads

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
What does (book) Roose Bolton even want? As far as I can tell the only things he cares about are staying alive and enjoying his leeches. He just seems to roll with whatever will help accomplish that. He clearly doesn't like Ramsey and think's he a dumbass (which he is) but also seems pretty blase about the fact that Ramsey murdered his legit son and will most certainly murder any child he has with Fat Walda.

He ends up Warden of the North because he helped gently caress over Robb, because he saw that Robb was stupid and going to lose, so he betrays him. Then Tywin makes Roose Warden, and he's just like, "OK". All the other important characters have fairly clear motivations and goals, but Roose doesnt seem to give a poo poo about anything. No concern about the "legacy" of his house or any of that poo poo. So what's his deal?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I'm pretty disappointed that we'll never get ice spiders

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
It's coming soon, friends. An actual ending to this story. Hopefully my liver does not fail before Sunday night

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I thought Littlefinger got that nickname because Brandon cut of a piece of his finger during their duel. Or did I just imagine that?

Is his nickname ever explained on the show?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Mameluke posted:

It's cause his family, while technically noble, only hold land on a portion of the smallest Finger peninsula in the Vale of Arryn

huh. That does make sense

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
IT'S OVER! IT'S FINALLY OVERRRR!!!!!!!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Years of waiting for the end of the books that will never be written and the show ends the story with the books' titular line, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

AAHHAHAHAHAHAHa

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I loved it.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

pseudanonymous posted:

What drains does a medieval castle even have? They don't have internal plumbing afaik. They just dump stuff outside somewhere. So what is he even talking about the drains.

The toilets were mounted over vertical shafts. The poo either dropped into a pit or the shaft emptied at the bottom of an outside wall. Gong farmers would periodically empty the poo pits with shovels. In some cases storm drains were linked in to the poop chute to help drain it.

I remember this from reading Cross-Sections: Castle when I was a kid

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
It actually looks like they drew Rhaegar with a spear, for some reason

but maybe they meant it to be a sword, I dunno.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Proust Malone posted:

I agree. I hit that same wall with feast the first time, but honestly how could you not after the rush of action that clash had. Feast and even more dance felt like a slog the first time, but on re-read Feast is my favorite of any of the books.

That is a loving great avatar.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

bobjr posted:

Catlyn’s annoyed with it until she finds out Robb married someone with good birthing hips

for some loving reason i remember it being the opposite actually

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

bobjr posted:

I wonder if George even had an answer for what happened to Ashara Dayne and why they named their main heir after Ned.

I guess the latter could be they just liked his honor a lot, but it’s still a little weird.

isnt there a theory that she's Howland's wife (and Meera is their daughter)

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Platystemon posted:

One of the best counterfactuals is “Ned takes a cue from Sansa and sends Loras after Gregor Clegane.”

Haven't thought about that one in a while. What a bizarrely un-Starkish idea that would have been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Robb not telling Edmure the full plan was lazy writing i think. also i maintain that the show should have done the direwolves using jim henson style puppets/animatronics. or just got henson to do it

edit: forgot he's dead though