Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Man I didn't even ever read Ender's Game and that was like a requirement to be a basement-dwelling nerd growing up where I live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

my cat is norris posted:

(Click for full size.) Discuss.

I personally feel as if the Xbone should be Gurm himself, but Hodor might make a fair stand-in.

So PC's will be shot with a crossbow bolt on the toilet
PS4's will be viciously stabbed by its friends
Wii U will poo poo everywhere all over a field
Xbox One will travel with a young child to the frozen north to meet a powerful wizard

Is that what this is saying?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
SA now is different from SA 6 years ago... which was different from that SA 3 years before.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Man, and I was feeling old just for having been on here for almost four years. Yet, I'm still a babby.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Sophia posted:

I've been a goon for over 10 years but I've been a pathetic human being for much longer than that. You are all summer children to my Old Nan, except IRQ.

IRQ is like the fuckin Bloodraven of Wild Cards.

Joramun posted:

(going by :nws: this :nws:)

drat, where do I sign up to play a kid with cerebral palsy on a hit TV show? I want to be surrounded by topless women too.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 18, 2013

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
We need to buy him your current avatar first.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

Uh, if GRRM had an account, he would obviously only post in Goons With Spoons and the Football Funhouse.

He'd totally watch LP's. Come on, you all know this. He wouldn't read the screenshot ones though because that'd be :effort:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

LooseChanj posted:

Y'all are talking about the books right? You better be talking about the books. :toughguy:

...Believe it or not, yes actually.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm pretty sure everyone will end up dying horribly at least once or twice in this series.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

rypakal posted:

Is Ned saying he will tell Jon snow about his mother a show invention? The opportunities for it to appear in the text are dwindling

I think it was, but I haven't read the first book in like forever.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
While I'm sure this was already posted, I just thought I'd share what ASOIAF would be like if it was written by TVIV.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
How the hell has this thread made it to two years?

Oh well, happy second anniversary, you shitdicks. Have a Wild Cards 4th of July.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
The best-fitted to rule is no one because monarchy or any form of single supreme power is inherently a flawed form of government.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Y'all best be finishing Game of Bones 2 or Clash of Cocks or whatever it's called. My dad apparently started watching the show so I want to show him how I contributed to its content via reading and chewing in a microphone.

BTW, haven't been posting in this thread a lot because of school and work poo poo. Hope y'all are discussing the deep character of Gerold Dayne and whatnot.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Imagine a GRRM's foot stomping on your face forever like that guitar. That is what it is to be one of his fans.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

"The next book" is a collection of Littlefinger quotes next to pictures of anal fisting and semen-covered lips.
You mean that wasn't the last two books. The gently caress have I been reading?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
drat. I've been gone for months and I swear to god this thread hasn't changed one bit. Also, what in the gently caress happened to GBS?

edit: VVV Well, duh!

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 8, 2014

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

They removed all rules. The first few weeks were pretty rough, and if you go in there you should maybe turn off sigs because the fyad/fyadlite tradition of colossal, ugly signatures migrated to GBS as well.

It's not as serious anymore, but it's still just as unfunny as ever.

Sigs were never on for me. Huh... weird. Yeah, well at least the Abe gets Owned thread was a good read.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I feel sick. I think I'm going to have to change my avatar. Goddamn gently caress the show.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

kcroy posted:

Maybe the show is pointing out that Jaime IS a child killer and rapist, and always has been.
When was he a rapist in the books? Or I don't know, maybe I missed something. Doesn't matter anyway since the show ruined it.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Kafka Esq. posted:

Think he's saying that this sex scene we're all talking about was a rape regardless of how Cersei acted in the book.

I guess I didn't notice it as much because it was like two sentences rather than a full-on scene. It's lovely, but it didn't seem as rapey to me at the time. To be honest, in the book it seemed more like she was saying 'no' due to the location. Not 'no, I don't want to do this right now period' like in the show.

Joramun posted:

Nevermind that he pushed an 8-year-old child out of a window right in the pilot, now all of a sudden he's a bad guy who one surely wouldn't want to be associated with.

The difference was that he was at least on the path to redemption after that point.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Eh, fair enough points. Either way, the show did it way shittier. I mean when you handle something less-tactfully than Gurm, there's something wrong with you.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

LEFTENANT RIGHTIE posted:

That's a sign of drat good writing.

Brutal rape scene that is completely out of character: the sign of drat good writing

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

LEFTENANT RIGHTIE posted:

he raped her until she liked it or he kept raping her until she changed her mind and then it was okay.
What the gently caress are you talking about?

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
As many times as you need to get off to your own supremely lovely posting and mental gymnastics.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I kind of thought they were the same in the beginning, just called different things by different cultures.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd still like to see what Asshai is like. I mean I know it's just Australia of... whatever planet ASOIAF takes place on, but it'd be interesting to see the Red God cult's headquarters.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I think someone in here did something like that and wrote about Mireen being bombed out of existence.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, he's Frankenstein's monster now.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
There's always a bit of cum in every chapter Gurm writes.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Well, it's certainly accurate about Gurm.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Welp, FYAD's new title sure is a thing.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's be honest: anything to do with this series is a reference to the rape in some way.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Smiling Jack posted:

i made my first post in a SA GRRM thread nine years ago

please

please

end it

end everything

There will never be an end to this series. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Then you'll be posting in The Book Barn in The Bad Thread for years on end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Hi everyone. Contra here. Haven't posted in a long-rear end time but here is a GURM picture:

The caption reads: "I like my cheese tacos and my icecold coke. In Westeros, someone like me wouldn't survive for long."

It's from the German political magazine Der Spiegel, from the 10th November 2014 issue where they have an interview with him.

I could translate the full article if anyone wants.