Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Over the last two weeks I gently reminded my show-only friends how episode 9 was the the one with the 'big event' in the first two seasons and how we should all watch it together, because something big might happen. I haven't revealed anything else. It worked: one of them invited me and about seven other people to come watch it at her place.

I will be the only book reader there. None of them has any idea what's going to happen.

I am sooo happy :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Jar Jar Targaryen

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

TommyGun85 posted:

Bad Pussy and the Anals

Queen of the Anals and the Fisting Men

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Eat, sleep, rape, repeat

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Regarding the Tyrion in the hallway scene, I just assumed he scowled like that because he just received a raven from Winterfell that explained Jon's heritage, and is trying to figure out wether or not he should barge in there to tell the lovely couple the truth. Sam and Bran are talking about how they should inform Jon, after all, and time is meaningless in the show. But I guess there is no evidence for this.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I was unable to finish reading that story. Congratulations are in order, I suppose.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You're all going to watch all of the spinoffs and you know it

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I bet the power supply of his ancient PC went poof like four years ago and he just never fixed it or told anyone

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
A Tale of Two Shitties

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sneaky edit.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Katt posted:

Theon's favourite hooker just left for the big city on the back of a turnup wagon. Pretty sure this is peak how bad things can get for one man. He's already Atlas carrying the burdens of the world on his shoulders.

Don't worry, it all gets better for Theon from here on out.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Jorah's armor worked when he fought that Dothraki dude in season... 1? 2? It was a big thing

Fake edit: https://youtu.be/IwUALmpmPOw

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

makes sense that they wouldn't have much experience fighting armored dudes though

Yes, back then things in the show still made sense occasionally, and the show runners thought about stuff like how a fight between an unarmored but fast Dothraki with an arakh who has no experience with armor and a heavily armored but slow-moving knight with a longsword would play out. Good old days...

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

TK-42-1 posted:

I want poo poo like this:

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
:toot:
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1262757062766850051?s=19

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
But have you guys considered that George R.R. Martin Is Not Your Bitch?

E: lol that comment is over 11 years old

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile, back at the Fortress of Solitude

https://twitter.com/GRRMspeaking/status/1294668936542400519

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

indiscriminately posted:

Someone who likes ASoIaF, is bored of the repetitive puerile poo poo, hopes the thread can move on to something better.

Would you say that this is, in fact, a bad thread?

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
ASoIaF: A Song of Ice and Fire: It made no sense and it accomplished nothing

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So by buying that book on Amazon you give money to GRRM, Jeff Bezos and two nazi's at the same time?

That's a pretty impressive trifecta.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

GoutPatrol posted:

I think that teaches you a valuable lesson: don't take your helmet off.

Well I learned that from Starship Troopers, which came out a year earlier :colbert:

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

John Snow is swallowed by a giant weirwood tree and experiences an entire lifetime of him being raised by rhaegar and lyanna, living a happy self-actualized life, eventually marrying margaery tyrell and having many beautiful children who themselves grow up to be movers and shakers of the realm. Then the weirwood spits him out and he has to be the bastard again.

But will he learn to play the flute?

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Ahh good old denial stage

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

TERFherder posted:

It's pretty epic man. It was a real high point for this thread.

Definitely the best ending asoiaf ever got!

The first Daenerys chapter was the funniest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Glorfindel isn't Elrond's son, he is much older than Elrond. He was born in Valinor, fought in the wars of the First Age and in fact died 22 years before Elrond's birth while fighting a Balrog! But he came back to life in the second age :eng101:

In short, he's way cooler than Elrond.