Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Man, it looks like we all got so caught up in the book nver coming out at all, we never really developed a contingency plan for the book coming out and being terrible. Personally, i took it for granted that in a world where ADwD comes out, it's well written and a worthy sequel. Can someone tell me if the Daenerys / Theon poo poo is the exception?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Hey, thread! Long time no see! Is it just me, or does anyone else feel kind of insulted by the Jon Connington chapters? I feel like Gurm is just shoving this character in my face and yelling "CARE ABOUT THIS CHARACTER OKAY?!" The last Jon Snow chapter had my head spinning because of all the twists and turns his character had gone through. Dany's chapters, while incredibly... anticlimactic and unsatisfying, had a strange sort or realism to them, seeing her just clusterfuck the poo poo out of everything. But Connington? How many chapters did he have, or even appear in? And at the end, he OMG HAS GREYSCALE! How tragic that this character I barely know, however integral to the plot he may have been, is now going to maybe die sometime "soon" (as far as the storyline goes; the next book isn't going to happen)

Also, "a scale of the dragon that flamed you" is the dumbest goddamn thing I have ever read, and I have read that Wildcards book about the super-hero reality show.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I haven't been to this thread in ages and what

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Oh hey guys, I forgot that this was a thing that was still going on. How excited are we all for season 4 of the show? Soon all my friends that never read the books but think they are super huge fans of the series can shut the gently caress up about how Joff needs to die.

That Mercy chapter was the GRRMiest thing ever. I now feel about this book series the way I felt watching the first episode of Spartacus: Blood and Sand. You guys remember that? The lovely 300 ripoff that we only watched because we heard Lucy Lawless was gonna show her tits, but then it turned out the show was really good? Like that but in reverse, like, "gee I wonder how loving bad he is going to ruin this thing that used to be so good."

Like a glistening golden trainwreck.

Edit: If I change my avatar, will I still have my gang tag? Because holy poo poo that thing is dated.

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 31, 2014

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

ShaqDiesel posted:

Estrella Negro

FTFY, get some loving culture. Typical Andal Supremecist.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Trast posted:

HBO needs to just adapt that wh40k/asoiaf fan fic and amp up the crazy.

I was so disappointed when the Pykemen didn't become Khornite 'zerkers.

BLOOD FOR THE DROWNED GOD :getin:

edit: Anyone have a link to that bad boy? I remember a totally bad rear end scene where the Emperium's ambassador to Sunspear show's Doran Tyrell a real "sun spear" (orbital strike) and Tyrell's just like, "lol gently caress that poo poo, where do I sign?"

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Well I finally got aroudn to watching Jamie rape Cersie (been moving), and I have to say, I expected worse, given the outrage all over the internet. My wife agreed that it was pretty tame.

Her: "Wasn't that bad, even if it was done more tastefully in the book."

Me: "Well, as tastefully as a crippled child-murderer can gently caress his sister in a church on top of their murdered son."