Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
So I started playing this totally blind except aware that goons love it and everyone else hates it, and I'm getting the feeling that pistols/tech might be slightly overpowered.

Chain shot -> everyone dies -> Brilliance -> Chain shot again. Even bosses go down instantly.

Stealth on the other hand I can't get to work. Enemies randomly zoom into my position even if I'm being quiet, sometimes I feel like they see me through walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Tendronai posted:

What armor are you using? Early on even the stealth armor isn't as quiet as your street clothes, but you said you have chain shot and brilliance so unless you have a bunch of armor mods that add noise that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

I never did bother upgrading my armor, but now that I think of it I remember some of them being noiser than others. I'll try getting something stealthier, thanks.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

I have a plot question. I gave President Sung the data proving that he was going to be assassinated, yet he died anyway. Completely dumbfounded I figured that I did something wrong, but apparently that is supposed to stop him from dying. Is that the result of something else I did or is it a bug? If it isn't a bug I'm drat impressed by how interconnected every choice in this game is.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Hannibal Smith posted:

Are you sure you didn't save the riot data instead? That choice should be the only thing that determines whether he dies or whether he lives and the riots happen. I've never heard of that choice being buggy. Did Sung tell you he was going to wear a vest when you met him?

He died AND the riots started. I remember Mike telling him to wear armor but he kinda brushed it off, so maybe I just made a bad impression.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, the only story bug I remember is sneaking through the roof in the embassy in Moscow makes the game think you gunned down all the guards.

Speaking of this, is there a way to actually avoid it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

reagan posted:

I've played through the PC version several times and I haven't had any trouble. What's atrocious about it?

The goddamn interface which makes hacking several times harder than it should be. Also the dialog selection doesn't work properly, I keep selecting the wrong ones.

• Locked thread