Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
One thing worth remembering is that every piece of intel you buy leaves an e-mail in your inbox. In some cases it helps figure exactly how the intel you bought works, and sometimes you get loving hilarious emails. (Especially Heck's.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Exercu posted:

Brayko is a loving dick, and deserves literally any asskicking he can get. But he's small fry. Utter reprehensible small fry, but small fry.

No way, Brayko is the coolest dude ever. :colbert:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

Prostituting your sisters: totally cool.

Well, you know what they say about omelettes and eggs. v:v:v

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I unironically want Brayko's jacket IRL. Do those exist. Where can i buy one. :ohdear:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Davin Valkri posted:

Steven Heck breaks the fingers of people who call him "Steve". I wonder what he would do if he knew you spelled his name wrong. Anybody?

The goddamn bees?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Lazyhound posted:

Which makes shooting him in the leg all the more satisfying.

But it's even more satisfying to let Brayko "talk" to him.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Lynx posted:

There's two instances where you can get Brayko to "talk" to Surkov. One is on the helipad, after the Championchik fight, and the other is this.

Oh man, i never got that scene even though i tried. Thanks for uploading it so i could finally see it! (assuming it was your upload?)

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

StealthArcher posted:

words

Thank you for that relevant post.

Also, i think i'm gonna have to do a fifth playthrough soon. I feel like doing some good old shotgun-assholery again. :unsmith:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Electric Pope posted:

So because the gun mechanics are, well, not good, and I don't feel much like being full on super sneaky again, I was thinking for my second playthrough I might focus on toughness and martial arts and just run around punching everyone like some kind of extremely unsubtle batman, but this kind of seems like the one interesting playstyle that might not actually be at all viable, and I don't wanna get too far before finding that out. Should I just go for it?

This is definitely a great super-fun playstyle, but if you have some points to spare you should invest enough into stealth that you can become the invisible throatstabbing rear end in a top hat ghost from time to time, too. :v:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, the PC hacking minigame is legit horrible. Which is a shame, since it's pretty neat when you can actually control it properly.

Also, i finished my... fifth? Sixth? playthrough recently, and this time i actually gave SMGs a chance (having only used pistols or shotguns before) and while they start off really lovely, they get absurdly fun once you get some better guns and better skills. Mirrored aviator shades, a smugly murderous disposition, and dual-wielded SMGs make for one hell of a total rear end in a top hat Mike. :haw: I actually recommend giving SMGs a try the next time anyone want to do a very un-subtle playthrough, they're way more fun than shotguns when you get used to them.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
What happens if you DON'T shoot him in the dick? Like, i've never been able to resist the urge, even if i'm curious about whether you get a different cutscene or something.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
SMGs are actually surprisingly fun once you get past the first few missions and start being able to carry more ammo.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Obviously Thorton is constantly wearing VR goggles, and when he's punching people in the face and setting people on fire he actually thinks he's on a ski trip to a wonderful Russian mountain hotel. Sometimes he wonders why all these random strangers keep calling him and bossing him around when he's trying to enjoy his virtual vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Since it's not in the OP and i can't remember where it was mentioned in the thread, how do i edit the files or whatever in the PC version so i can unlock Veteran mode without beating Recruit? I've been craving a fifth/sixth/something replay lately but i've only unlocked Veteran on my 360.

• Locked thread