Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

And playing along with/outright encouraging Stephen Heck is the only way to play. Not like that Wen fellow. No sir. Not like that Wen fellow at all.
I think the "Not like Wen" line is probably my favourite piece of VO dialogue ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Parks posted:

I hesitated on this game, but you pointing out a "No Kill" option I had to give it a try. Now steam can't download it fast enough.
There's not only a No Kills option, you get to see how much your enemies have paid in hospital costs (Or conversely, the number of orphans created).

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
I think the biggest tragedy of Alpha Protocol's poor reception is that we will likely never get a Stephen Heck spinoff game.

STEPHEN HECK IN: OPERATION WIZARD SMELL

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Chortles posted:

Also, are the "agent histories" just prebuilt skill templates or do they have actual in-game consequence? I am concerned that Recruit isn't good for a first playthrough even on Easy :ohdear:
Recruit on Easy should be fine.

The pre-built histories are basically just a skill template, and don't do much past a couple of comments at the start of the game (I think :tinfoil:). There's a couple of new conversations for each history, and they're mostly in the Greybox at the beginning.

The Recruit history, on the other hand, has an entirely new conversation option for a bunch of characters, and can dramatically change other people's opinions of you.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Doc Hawkins posted:

Having particular skills tagged, whether by having a history or having selected them manually, changes a few cutscenes slightly, showing off your core competencies.
That's less of a agent history thing and more of just how you're choosing to level though.

The flying kick off the bridge to the Al-Samad Leutenant is awesome and is the number one reason to take martial arts.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

white hum posted:

About Embassy mission...
You're reading it wrong. He's congratulating you on doing it with minimal casualties, even if he disagrees with how you got in.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

white hum posted:

Oh, I thought he was lecturing me about leaving too many corpses :)
He's saying that your method left very few corpses to provide evidence.

He's still stupid though. I mean, even if you kept all the VCI/G22 goons alive, they still attacked a loving US Embassy and killed a bunch of loving Marines. That poo poo is going to be investigated by every single loving intelligence agency and police organization in the loving world.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Vizrt posted:

The second run was pretty cool though. During the final mission I was able to turn both Marburg and Parker. Also, I didn't know that the last boss could be Westridge or Leland. I actually didn't encounter Westridge at all during the final mission this time.

Westridge only cares enough to show up if you've put America at risk with your actions - killing American agents/soldiers or partnering with Al-Samad/Halbech. Otherwise he fucks off while the going's good.

Slantedfloors fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 12, 2011

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
Stabbing Rent-A-Cops is what good spies do.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Dr I am a Doctor posted:

Are Deus Vults supposed to be more aware of their surroundings than Al-Samad? I saved the Sheik and now all terrorists in Roman ruins are replaced by them, and they always spot me. Even from behind a wall

I'm pretty sure that they are. Dossier info reveals that beyond the Sheik's personal guard, Al-Samad are basically just random untrained fanatics that are handed Cold-War guns. Deus Vult are ex-intelligence agents and military personnel hand-picked by Marburg.

Slantedfloors fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Torsade de Pointes posted:

Saudi ArabiaThe Jizan stockpile and Intercept Shaaheed missions are not doable. You will always be spotted. I know you can do the airfield, not sure about Nasri's palace. You can talk your way through the beginning, but I'm not sure if that counts for being spotted. It's still very hard to do on these levels cause you don't have much of the stealth abilities unlocked.

Nasri's isn't possible. Bluffing your way past the guards only gets you through the front gate, the alarm goes off 10 seconds after the next checkpoint loads and the guards call in to report your arrival

• Locked thread