Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Alpha Protocol is the best spy movie I ever played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Tip for computer hacking - unfocus your eyes, it's easier to notice the non-changing code fragments that way.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

natlampe posted:

I'm having a little trouble with the various weapon and armor stats. The manual isn't helping, so I guess this would make a good addition to the OP.

How does accuracy, recoil and stability affect the game? What ranges are the numbers in? Does a relative decrease of one stat point affect the accuracy stat as much as it does the sound dampening of armor?

Am I right in assuming that only damage matters if I mainly go for critical shots with the pistol while standing perfectly still? What should I buy in the store?

You'll want to spend your money on intel, armour and EMP charges, possibly other gadgets while you're at it. There's not a huge amount of difference between the best and worst weapons - a critical pistol headshot kills an unarmoured target no matter what - but the best armours are vastly better than what you start with. You pick up a lot of weapon and armour addons during your missions.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Holy Calamity! posted:

Can someone describe why it's so awful for those of us playing on consoles? For us it's literally "move the thumbsticks" so all the rage towards that particular minigame is pretty funny

Moving the right-hand code fragment is really counter-intuitive. It's controlled by the mouse but it doesn't follow the cursor. You have to keep moving the mouse in the direction you want to go, as if you were continually turning the camera. The left-hand fragment is WASD so that's fine.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Requesting that the thread title be changed to "Alpha Protocol: This loving Game!"

• Locked thread