Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Evil Agita posted:

I just bought this game. Are those real spoilers in your spoiler examples in the OP? Because I totally read them expecting a sarcastic remark about spoilers.

Instead I know something about someone named Leland.

If you think those are real spoilers, you're in for a surprise when you play this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Pyrolocutus posted:

Is there a known bug with subtitles not working despite having the option turned on? I'm severely hearing impaired so this is really crimping my enjoyment :(

That may be the antialiasing bug. Turn AA off.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Rabbit Hill posted:

(I want to experience EVERYTHING).

That's not going to happen. Get used to that now.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Vizrt posted:

I'm getting this bug on the first mission I try, Bug Al-Samad Airfield. No matter how I load the starting mission checkpoint, from the escape menu or exiting to the main menu, the three enemies after the first guy do not spawn.

I remember the first time it happened to me, I didn't realize something was wrong until I got to the sniper rifle and couldn't find anyone to shoot.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

The White Dragon posted:

What are you talking about? There totally is one. Thorton just wasn't invited, but he obviously doesn't give a gently caress about that :smug:

What bugs me about that mission is that Thorton is wearing a tux. Why on earth would they put him in a tux if we don't get to schmooze at the party?!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Somewhere in this thread someone posted a link to an intel list. Unfortunately, I can't track it back down. Anyone have it?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Lynx posted:

Right Here

Thanks!

quote:

There's also a link in the second post if you need it.

:doh:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Y'know, I just noticed something really small but neat on my latest playthrough (Martial Arts/Shotguns/Tech Aptitude Veteran who is generally a nice guy unless you're working for Halbech, then out comes the anger): Mike maintains proper trigger discipline in keeping his finger off of the trigger when not aiming. I love the tiny details like that in this game.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
In Moscow, what do I get for sending the weapons to Grigori as opposed to myself, beyond points with Mina or Grigori?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Oxxidation posted:

3. You have to max out Madison's dossier (there's one piece you can buy, one you get upon introduction, one in the villa, and one in the ruins) and have good rep with her. Also, after the first of the two missions you do after meeting her - warehouse or ruins - question her about her terminal use. After getting the option to sleep with her (it doesn't matter if you do or not), Mike will press the issue and she'll spill her father's identity.

Mike's moment when he figures this out is one of my favorite moments in the game in regards to voice acting. He sounds legitimately stunned.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

dmccaff posted:

Just looked that up on YouTube and it seems I did skip it somehow. I don't remember purposely skipping a mission though... I usually did them all in order from top to bottom as they were presented in the mission choice screen.

I think it's possible for you to go to the embassy while the train station mission is still active (and the embassy mission will pop to the top of the list), and doing so will cause the train station to stop being offered.

Not sure how much of that is a spoiler, but better safe than sorry with this game, I guess.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

ChuckDHead posted:

I picked up a cheap copy of this (who am I kidding, there are no expensive or RRP copies of this anywhere) as a Christmas gift for a friend. I also stapled a page of the most important notes, caveats and advice from this thread into the back of the manual, since there are certain things you have to know to enjoy it properly. I was actually sort of disappointed when the first time I've ever wanted to use the blank or lined "notes" page in a game manual, there wasn't one...

This Christmas, I gave the gift of Steven Heck.

I've seen it selling for $40(!!) at FYE.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, it would also seem pretty wasteful to hire this promising new operative just to get him killed.

Remember how much Darcy complains about how the Saudi op was supposed to be his until you came along and they gave it to you?

Darcy's dad is a US Senator on military appropriations committees (or something along those lines, been a while since I played the game). They brought you in and put you on the mission because they don't want to get Darcy killed in the missile strike.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

StoneOfShame posted:

Just finished playing this for the first time and I have to play it again I know I missed stuff like like who attempted to assassinate Sung, I'm pretty sure Halbech are responsible but I'm sure in a game like this you should be able to find the assassin.

Oh, you can definitely find that person.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm guessing my retard style of play would be not so good on the hardest difficulty, but it seems to be working just fine on normal.

Never play Alpha Protocol on hard. It just isn't remotely worth it or fun (and I say this as someone who refuses to play the Mass Effect games on any difficulty but Insanity).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Hannibal Smith posted:

I definitely don't remember ever hearing I'm On A Boat in the game, but it's pretty obvious where it would have been used.

The mission where you run into Sis? :v:

• Locked thread