Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kill Whitey
Dec 27, 2010

Be provocative, be organized.
I loved this game. It's not without any frustration, the hacking/lock picking minigames sucked and the combat fell apart at times (chopper fight oh god), but the choice and consequence system flat out shames it's modern contemporaries like Mass Effect. The timed responses in conversations and ambiguous choices actually managed to make me REGRET some of the decisions I made, which was refreshing since I'm so used to being coddled by color coded ego trips. It's a shame that AP's qualities are unknown to many thanks to it's yellow metascore, but I'm glad I gave it a shot.

Plus, something about Thorton's lumberjack beard is strangely appealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill Whitey
Dec 27, 2010

FrickenMoron posted:

I hate DA2 and like most of obsidians games quite a lot. Should I get this then?

gently caress yes. If you like most of Obsidian's games, you're probably capable of looking beyond the bugs and lack of polish and appreciating Obsidian's ambition,so you should enjoy what AP has to offer. At $5 there's no reason to pass.

Kill Whitey fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 4, 2011

Kill Whitey
Dec 27, 2010

Slantedfloors posted:

There's not only a No Kills option, you get to see how much your enemies have paid in hospital costs (Or conversely, the number of orphans created).

I tend to enjoy racking up a high kill counts in most games, but I found AP's missions much more satisfying when I aimed to KO/avoid enemies and avoid triggering alarms. It was cool that your handlers often commented on the fact that you avoiding setting off any alarms, it's nice to feel appreciated!

• Locked thread