Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Another Person posted:

Can't help but feel that the Taipei Subway Mission is terrible just on the basis that it FORCES you to do a bypass minigame which, if you opted to not invest greatly in Sabotage, turns into a dick move. All out of EMP's, I had to sit there for 30 mins, playing the same minigame over and over with clumsy controls and a waning patience. So many times I got the tenth wire JUST as it hit zero, so many times I called bullshit.

There's an alternate solution to that part (and a different cutscene).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Hank Morgan posted:

I think everyone else is talking about the section where you are on the final subway platform after Heck's appearance and trying to hack the door at the end of that. As far as I remember there is no way to skip hacking that door.

Oh. I thought it was about the subway train section and its optional timed locked door puzzle. :o:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Sam. posted:

Are there any times when sparing someone is a bad idea?

Unless you prefer to turn off the sound during end credits, I would advise against letting Nasri walk away.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

Something difficult? In a videogame?! :monocle:

Difficult challenges in videogames are one thing, frustrating obstacles that hinder or prevent one from taking said challenges in the first place are another.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

On the bright side, you would be able to save the president and prevent the riots at the same time!

(Only if you maxed out your Paragon/Renegade score, of course)

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

monster on a stick posted:

But try using stealth clothing when visiting Surkov.

I prefer using the utility vest for that scene.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

TychoCelchuuu posted:

The choice system is only pathetic in terms of being able to shape the outcome of the overall plot. But that's not the point of the choices in TWD. The point of the choices in TWD is to shape what kind of character Lee is and what kind of person Clementine sees him as. There's no way you can argue that your choices don't have a huge impact on that. They do! That the overall plot plays out in broadly the same way no matter what hardly changes the fact that who Lee is changes vastly based on what you decide.
I've never played TWD, but that description sounds a lot like what happens in Planescape: Torment. The global plot remains largely the same regardless of your actions; your choices determine what sort of man the Nameless One is - and what can change the nature of that man.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Two Finger posted:

That's five different outcomes for one character.
Why on earth don't more RPG's do this?
Because many people don't even finish a given game once, to say nothing of replaying it 5+ times.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Another issue with games that are intended to be replayed multiple times is that non-variable bits tend to really grate. Finding new obscure dialogue in Alpha Protocol or King of the Dragon Pass is fun, replaying Saudi Arabia or running Feathered Queen's marriage contests for the seventh time isn't.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Riven posted:

Nor have I ever been offered the chance to work for Halbech. after probably 8 playthroughs.
You need to have a positive relationship with Leland for that to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

It is the best choose your own adventure novel ever written.
Or, at least, the best one that does not feature cattle raids and duck people.

• Locked thread