Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

It's possible to kill almost every single NPC if you're so inclined. The only ones who will always survive are Grigori, Hong Shi and Steven Heck. Though in a single playthrough you have to choose between killing Albatross or SIE.

It does make the Thorton Inc. ending pretty hilarious, since Mike's list of allies ends up being rather short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

PTizzle posted:

Any help on making money or is it as simple as finding bonuses, not buying as much intel, emailing the data to Halbech and saving?

Aside from selling useless equipment and finding money/intel during missions, there is one particular decision which gives you a lot of cash.

Spoilers for the end of Moscow: Letting Brayko live will net you $75'000.

Alpha Protocol is a bit more stingy with money than most RPGs, so you'll never be able to buy out the store. I'd recommend buying armour and intel over weapons, since their in-game effect is usually more profound. Improving your weapon doesn't do as much as improving your weapon skill.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

double nine posted:

I've run into a small issue. I'm trying to piss off westridge as much as I can. During the Intercept Nasri mission, he should give a -1 if you alert the guards. However, I've picked the "chrismas trees" dialogue option and didn't get an opinion penalty. More than that, when I disable/kill the guards I get a +1. Is there a way to use the mission introduction to get him to -3 or -4 (opinion from tutorial & SaudiArabia tv dialogue currently gives me -2)?

In order to get the -1 during the Nasri mission you need to let the guard actually trigger the alarm. So after the dialogue ends, just wait for him to approach the alarm panel.

Also, you can get at least -2 from the tutorial (possibly even -3) and another -3 from the opening conversation in Saudi, so it's possible to reach -4 regardless of how you handle the Nasri intro.

double nine posted:

another item: end game news voiceover. Does killing Nasri give a different ending for Saudi Arabia than capturing the prick?

I don't think so. Whether you chose to kill or arrest him only matters during the actual game, the news report at the end will be the same either way.

Edit:

redreader posted:

I have a problem that makes this game unplayable:

in the three tests at the beginning of the game, in the test where you talk to the ... man, I think... you have to climb a ladder, hack something, then walk through tracking beams and then do a silent takedown on some guy?

Every time I do the silent takedown on that one guy, I get a crash to desktop. I tried tons of things but couldn't even see anyone else with this same error, post anything about it online.

The PC port of Alpha Protocol is really buggy in parts, though I've never heard of this particular issue. Based on your description it sounds like there might be a missing file, so try verifying your game cache, if you haven't already. As Scorchy pointed out, you could just skip the tutorial, or you could still do it but run past the guy in question (taking him down is not a requirement for completing the challenge).

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 18, 2014

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Basically, the Sound Dampening stat of your armour is the most crucial aspect of stealth. With a low SD enemies will be able to hear you from quite a distance. Street clothes and the second tier stealth armour have an SD of 5, which means they're completely silent as long as you stay crouched. Interestingly enough, the Advanced Stealth Armour has an SD of 6, which makes it completely silent even when you're walking. Buy it as soon as possible and enjoy never having to crouchwalk again.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

FronzelNeekburm posted:

(I thought they patched that. Or did Steam never get that fix?)

It was still there the last time I played the game, which was a few weeks ago. The PC port is pretty atrocious in general.

• Locked thread