Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I have this on PS3, but am tempted to just grab the PC version and trade away the PS3 one... is this a terrible idea? I didn't have much issue with the PS3 version at all... froze a few times, but nothing major. More importantly have there been any mods for the PC version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

I loved this, too.

"I will be the suavest secret agent, and everybody will think I'm super awesome and all the girls will want to get with me!"

*Picks all suave options, everybody thinks I'm a sexist idiot, girls are disgusted with me, nobody likes me*

I duno, it worked pretty well on Scarlet. :colbert:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Hank Morgan posted:

To turn Parker on Marburg you need to find out Madison's relationship to Parker.
You will need the full dossier on Madison as follows

Automatically when she is first mentioned.
Intel buy at some stage before meeting her.
In Marburgs villa. In the room with the piano right after finding your equipment it is located next to a couch.
In the Roman ruins right next to the communications array.
Immediately after sleeping with her the relationship will be revealed automatically in dialog.

I think you need a positive relationship with this character.

Triggering this

Choose to disarm the bombs in the museum so Marburg will kill Madison
Contact Parker in the final mission and reveal what Marburg did. I think this will overwrite the deus vult option if you have already taken that one.

It's not a necessity to let Madison die. I saved her and still managed to turn Parker against Marburg (without a complete Dossier for either man, as I recall) via the conversation you have with him in the Greybox at the end over the comm. However, in my playthrough Parker tries to shoot Marburg, but Marburg pushes the gun away and they struggle for a bit before the gun goes off into Parker's gut. You end up having to fight Marburg anyway, but he starts the fight at half health (I think) because he was wounded in the struggle, and then afterwards you're greeted to a quick death scene for Parker where he tells you to get the hell out and live. I don't know if your method has Parker actually successfully take out Marburg, or if Marburg always turns the tables on Parker.

Also for all the complaints about the hacking... poo poo, I thought the hacking was the easiest of the minigames. It was the lockpicking that pissed the poo poo out of me after awhile, because you'd have a ridiculous short timer and REALLY loving finicky tumblers. I can't even count how many picks I hosed up because of this, and I'm not a spazz on the analogs by any stretch.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 5, 2011

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ToxicFrog posted:

You're using a controller, aren't you?

If you're using KB+M the lockpicking minigame is a lot easier, and the hacking minigame is eventually as easy, but is a lot harder to get used to because the way the right selector moves in relation to the mouse is incredibly unintuitive (and because the tutorial for it tells you outright lies).

You do know this game came out on consoles, too... right?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

Sometimes you have to make a silent takedown.

If only you could prod with the prod in this game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Can you actually Melee any of the bosses to death in this game? Like, ANY of them?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

magimix posted:

Hell yes. My last playthrough was Melee/AR focused. AR was just there for the very few occasions when I couldn't get all up in someones face. Beyond that, I beat the poo poo out of almost every enemy in the game, including all the bosses apart from two (who I couldn't reach).

Melee plus Tougness is a potent talent combo, giving you Fury and Iron Will, allowing you to inflict damage at a crazy rate, benefit from time dilation, while being incredibly tough. Edit: And to be sure, the viability of melee doesn't depend on the use of Fury or Iron Will - they are just two cherries on the cake, as it were.

I dunno, I had maxed melee my first playthrough with pistols and stealth, and it just ended up getting em shot in the face a lot when I tried it on bosses... the only one I had any headway with was Marburg in Rome, and even then I couldn't finish him with it and had to resort to my pistol. I should do a full melee/gadgets run.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

How viable is going fully unarmed? I feel like some parts would be impossible (end of Russia) to do without done sort of firearm. I wanna play as Jason Bourne, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Unrelated, but Wasteland 2 might get Avellone and others on board to write for it if they hit 2.1 million in pledges.

... So... get on it!

• Locked thread