Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Telamon posted:

:ssh: That's not the best part of suave-Rome Thorton. Keep going, you glorious bastard.

If you're talking about pissing Marburg off enough that he gets sloppy and lets you kill him early (in the museum), I've never been able to do that without getting the maximum negative amount of reputation points available for him and you kinda have to start that early. This includes getting the suave perk at the very beginning of the game and also befriending SIE. And you also have to be careful when you first meet him; one of the answers you need to give is the aggressive one, not the suave one. That's a lot, but if you pull it off, it's great.

Accordion Man posted:

and good ol Brayko who becomes the invincible god of cocaine.

That's why you should befriend Heck before going to Moscow. You can have him spike Brayko's coke so it has no effect on him. I think it might even hurt him or daze him but I'm not sure. Of course, it can also be really fun to get Heck to be your enemy, becoming the target of his hatred.

Crappy Jack posted:

As someone who lived through this hell, I recommend some variation of shotgun rear end in a top hat for your Hard playthrough. If you try to be sneaky, you will fail, because every single minigame becomes pretty much impossible unless you have the reflexes of a god, and you'll be setting off alarms all over the place. But then you can just set everybody on fire with a shotgun or whatnot. Just don't try to be sneaky.

Honestly, Hard's not that bad if you're also doing Veteran. I finished it no problem and the best skillset is the same: Stealth + Pistols. Of course, that requires doing a Recruit playthrough first, but you can do that on Easy or Normal.

Edit: And you can still easily stealth your way through Hard; I did. I just filled my pockets with EMP grenades and bypassed every mini-game.

...! fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

2house2fly posted:

Wait... you can do a Veteran playthrough on Hard if you already playred Recruit on Normal? All of a sudden I'm dreading that Hard run a lot less.

Yep, that's what I did.

Edit: Keep in mind that you don't have to spend all your skill points at the beginning of a Veteran playthrough either. I maxed out Stealth and Pistols, left one point in Sabotage in order to EMP the mini-games, and removed all points from all other skills and saved them until the later Stealth/Pistol options opened up.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

On Hard, I easily tranqed guards without them alerting others. Like, they never alerted anyone once. Unless you guys just aren't putting enough points into pistols, I don't understand the difficulty you're having.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Kajeesus posted:

Just beat the game for the first time, enjoyed it a lot. Gonna run it again as a recruit and see exactly how different a different approach will be.

I had some issues in the final mission, though: I got a "call me!" e-mail from Albatross but had no way of actually contacting him, and he wasn't a handler option for the final mission.

Did you leave him behind during the mission where he gets captured midway through it? Because he dies if you do that. He could have sent the email before he died and you just don't receive it until later.

quote:

Later, Leland told me he had Mina taken prisoner, and I got an objective to rescue her, but when I checked out the weapon range she just wasn't there, and there was no Objective marker on the map, so I figured it was some bluff or that I could find her later. Then she died offscreen. Was that supposed to happen?

I'm not sure why the guy above me says that's the improper destination because it's definitely correct. Did you go all the way to the back of the weapons range and open the door? She's just inside that door.

quote:

Also, how much can you make Leland dislike you? Whenever I manage to offend him, he then goes on to praise something Mike did, and I think I ended at +2 despite my efforts.

He loves agents who are cocky, agents who don't kill a lot of people, and agents who have the balls to lie to him. He hates agents who make jokes about everything and agents who leave behind a large bodycount.

Edit: The reason he hates agents who kill a lot of people is because Alpha Protocol is a highly secret operation and every person who dies at your hands makes it easier to tie things back to Alpha Protocol, which is not a good thing for keeping it secret.

...! fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 12, 2014

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Samuel Clemens posted:

It was still there the last time I played the game, which was a few weeks ago. The PC port is pretty atrocious in general.

The bug is still there on the PS3 version as well.

• Locked thread