Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Look how naturally violence comes to you. You're not a man. You're a malfunctioning piece of multimillion dollar military hardware.

Have you tried not harming them?

Indeed. The answer to your question, the_american_dream, is Remote Hack. You see an objective surrounded by hostiles you need to ask yourself: what, me worry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!
I remember having issues with some older games when I went dual core back in the day and ForceCore was my solution. Can't seem to find it anywhere I'd call legitimate but check this link out from some America's Army forum from back in 2007 which still has an active link to the file. Basically just set up a shortcut calling Forcecore.exe with a command line switch to your destination .exe. If anyone gets sick of setting CPU affinity from Task Manager I'd recommend giving it a shot.

In fact, now that I think about it, it was KOTOR 2 that prompted me to first look for it.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Speaking of music that didn't make it into the game, I lead a strong campaign to score (moscow) have Brayko give one final fist pump as he dies as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpc7TBhilFI begins to play, freezeframe

That was actually before the rewrite and would have worked better then, but I still like the idea.

Also, Lazo's Yacht used to be Brayko's yacht and there was a giant poster above the bed that said FRANKIE SAY RELAX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPLrXFw76Qg By the way, if you've never seen the original video for Relax, you MUST WATCH NOW

edit: i'm caligula in this video, it is me

In my dreams I'm Judd Nelson too, Comte de Saint-Germain. It may ultimately be better off that it didn't make it into the final game but, as a child of the 80's, I would have been tickled by a Simple Minds finale in Moscow.

This loving game. This is why I'm an Obsidian fanboy. Not because I'm Irrational(hyuk hyuk) but because they know, y'know?

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

Dick Trauma posted:

This team needs to make an Archer game.

Title? I like Terms of Enrampagement.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

In Training posted:

Non Stop Suave.

Wake me up if you do anything scandalous.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

poptart_fairy posted:

Martial arts influences certain cutscenes by the way. Much more effective and flashy looking moves.

Obsidian. :allears:

Are you bragging about your gold medal in martial arts again? Wasn't it in target shooting? Oh wait, I remember. It was in dying.

I pre-ordered this shizzle and still gifted it twice to friends of mine; once at $15 and again at the recent $2 sale. Everyone loved it when they got a chance and I'm glad a new round of folks are enjoying it too. Keep experimenting and posting the this.loving.game responses. Obsidian needs the love.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

Hannibal Rex posted:

The map blueprints you can buy are mostly useless, with one exception; You need to buy the map intel for Marburg's mansion in order to access a secret room there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there's also some perks involved with buying a bunch of the intel. If you want to get those then it could be worth the money cost. Heck, there are probably perks for not buying any intel.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!
Bless you, 3Romeo (and all other newcomers), because we get to relive those first few playthroughs vicariously through you. There were a few ugly bugs, a couple of schizophrenic Thorton scenes (which, ironically, could have been many times greater if Josh Gilman was allowed to perform more enthusiastically for one version of Mike or another), and that silly PC non-analog stick maximum crouch speed movement visual, but dammit if they didn't make a fantastic roleplaying game.

You say you're doing a sauve Thorton now? If you're not already there then I non-spoiler recommend you be an absolute suave-dick to Marburg while in Rome. Bonus points if you've already met SIE and are in good standing with her. I think it's my favorite single scene in the whole game.

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

3Romeo posted:

Suave/recruit/fail Thorton. Killing everyone I shouldn't and pissing everyone off I can (which is the opposite of my first run, where I killed rarely--except at the endgame--and was liked by literally everyone). I went to Rome immediately after Saudi and at the cafe Marburg's like, Jesus Christ, Thorton. I went from neutral to huge dislike in about seven sentences.

:ssh: That's not the best part of suave-Rome Thorton. Keep going, you glorious bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!
They really could strip out the combat and make a entire game based on the conversation system and I'd play the hell out of it. With that said, stick with the stealth to speed through rather than ever use the enemy-disappear-on-reload bug because it can break some scripting.

• Locked thread