Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

poptart_fairy posted:

:black101: STEVEN HECK :black101:

Allying and therefore pleasing this character is mandatory for everyone on their first playthrough. :colbert:

Stephen Heck is the best role Nolan North has played outside of the voices he did in Portal 2. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dog Toggle Switch posted:

I think one of my favorite things about this game (aside from the obvious) is the Recruit and Veteran "class" choices at the beginning of the game.

You have to play through recruit first, which gives you no initial points in any skills and offers up unique dialogue choices throughout the game, I.E. "Gee whiz, they never taught us that in the Academy!", but when you complete a Recruit run-through, you get to play as a Veteran that has three points in every skill (which is pretty drat handy, mind you) and gives you dialogue options like, "this ain't my first time to the rodeo so don't try to bullshit me, pardner."

It's a game that is best when replayed and they give you a pretty awesome way to do it.

I did Recruit + Veteran on my two playthroughs and did the special dialogue choices wherever possible. Being That Goddamn New Guy is just magical.

Plus it just felt right to have my Recruit Thorton be an aggressive rear end in a top hat with submachine guns and no impulse control. :toot:

For as much poo poo as SMGs get sometimes, they're a blast to use if you just use the kamikaze approach. There's something amazing about blitzing a large group of enemies, only having one left alive when your clip's about to empty, then using Bullet Storm for 16 seconds of infinite ammo for the last guy left standing.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Lotish posted:

Wait, you can not meet said spoiler person? I thought that was guaranteed sort of thing. What did you do to not even make that encounter? Skip a mission?

That is exactly what I did and didn't even realize it. :v:

• Locked thread