Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

ToxicFrog posted:

Considering how often game reviews seem to contain poo poo that's just straight up factually wrong, I'd be interested to see what percentage of reviewers played the entire game, what percentage played part of it and then called it a day, and what percentage looked at some other reviews and then made poo poo up without ever installing the game.

Sometimes you get gems like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headhunter_Redemption#Controversy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Insert name here posted:

I think it had something to do with Anti-Aliasing or forcing Anti-Aliasing. Not completely sure on that though.

It's in the OP...

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Arcaeris posted:

My first was recruit, stealth, martial arts, with a few points in assault rifles, and I did fine. I actually didn't do anything in the Grey Box in the beginning because I accidentally just turned around and went back in the room. The dude even says, "It's like you just did a 180 and came right back in here."

Hahaha, I've never seen that line. This flippin' game.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Fathis Munk posted:

Thanks for the answers, I am currently using the bread and butter recruit pistol and stealth run just to get a feel for the game again. I have to say that the pistol is indeed incredibly overpowered. And not just because of the chainshot, just the improved critical shot levels are incredible, not only does it get good range and quick targeting, you can use it while hid behind cover, you don't even have to pop out anymore.

I just noticed the reflections on these glasses which have nothing at all to do with the surrounding environment. In Russia it shows some kind of lake surrounded by mountains, some covered with snow, some not...

My computer ate the screenshots somehow but if I remember it correctly, in Taipei it was another landscape that was more desert like, I look forward to seeing those in Rome.

What a strange thing to put onto these glasses.

It's not actually a reflection, it's the design on the sunglasses. Thorton just really likes landscapes.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Pellisworth posted:

-It feels like the combat is intentionally awkward and terrible to force you to cheese it somehow, by stealth or gadgets or whatever. I am playing as a stealthy pistol hacker dude, and even though I'm all for teeth-gnashingly challenging gaming I don't feel too cheesy when I one shot everyone with Quick Shot and criticals from stealth. I think if I'd built as a pure soldier with an assault rifle or shotgun and tried to play this as a shooter it would have been frustratingly difficult and clumsy. This game is really about the character interactions and dialogue, the stealth and combat are only okay. I don't feel wrong picking the lowest effort way (it seems) to get through combat.

All the guns just suck unless you put points into them. Assault rifle is the only remotely usable one for very long range encounters, but it takes forever to line up a shot. A combat + endurance build is more than viable and especially fun if you're roleplaying Murder Mike.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

USMC_Karl posted:

My biggest oh-poo poo moment was definitely during Moscow. I was pretty bummed to find out that I had killed some Americans during the embassy attack. Leland really beat me over the head with that, but in the end he seemed to appreciate the choice.

You might not have actually done that; there's a glitch that makes the game think you did if you sneak into the Embassy through the upstairs door, or something like that. The one major bug in the game, really.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

The White Dragon posted:

Unfortunately, Tranquilizer rounds do really low damage even on crit headshots. On Normal, while they will take an enemy out, their last few HP are always gonna be eaten up by Tranq's secondary DoT effect. Until you start getting points in Pistols and Tech for the damage bonuses, it's maybe fifty-fifty whether or not enemies will fire off a reactionary volley at nowhere in particular just to alert other guards before they go down.

On Hard with their bonus HP (or, I dunno, your damage penalty, I can't say for sure how it works), I wouldn't wanna chance it.

Using a more damaging pistol will stop that, on Normal anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty
Get pistols with more power. It's the only stat that matters anyways.

• Locked thread