Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

So, I've been idly thinking about trying to get a Supergoon Safari going over the holidays. I have a few questions to that end:

How many of you guys have characters at level 40?
Do we think it's reasonably possible to get 5+ level 40s together for a few hours?
How interested are people in seeing the game's tiny collection of good, high-level, grouping-mandatory content?
Are people running Therakiel's Lair and just not talking about it?
I would need to rebuild my old regen tank to participate. What superstat/trait configuration makes sense for that?
How much misery is involved in getting livable stat-relevant gear around that level?

The one good thing about the old crafting system was that you could, with a little help, get yourself a suite of high-level equipment in whatever stat configuration you wanted. R.I.P, 38 blues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Does Ego Storm still 1) murder all the henchmen in range and 2) lock down all the lieutenants long enough to kill them with follow-ups?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Man, I still show people that video, to go with the story of the Draysha bug.

I kind of hate playing Champions, now - partly because I played the everloving poo poo out of it before, and partly because all the lockbox/alert stuff feels like I'm being served banner ads. It's pretty tragic, because as far as I can tell, the underlying game is tons better than it was then.

When I get home, I'll see if I can find the video of the time we dragged the Teleiosaur back to spawn, that was my other favorite Champions moment. Well that, and getting the term 'RPist' banned from the official forums.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

So I was asking in chat about tank spec builds. The STR/con/end option seemed good to me, apparently I can use STR to buff everything? What's the build for that?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Goddamn, Takofanes gets out of his chair now? I got to see about three frames of that before my client exploded. Maybe tomorrow I'll de-mothball my ego blader - I'm less sure of his powers, though...

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I've been thinking that my vampire swordsman could use some wolf pets to summon - do pets still scale with PRE and INT the way they used to?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Tonight we did Nemcon with a pubby whose character was a leatherdaddy that summoned pet bears. :unsmith:

His nemesis was a cornrowed black criminal with jumpsuited prisoner henchmen, who threw spears at us. :smith:

Also, his supergroup was P.R.I.D.E. :smithicide:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

There was a time when there was no reason to make a character without Teleport and Minimines - hopefully they'll find a way to make Specializations into an interesting set of choices again.

So do the regen-on-kill and damage-reflection abilities work well? D'Antarion is starting to get to the point where those things might matter:

quote:

PowerHouse http://powerhouse.nullware.com/

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...J003bkF09gO43GN

Name: D'Antarion

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: One of Mind and Body
Level 6: Martial Focus
Level 9: Physical Conditioning
Level 12: Acrobat
Level 15: Relentless
Level 18: Impresario
Level 21: Quick Recovery

Powers:
Level 1: Reaper's Touch
Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Rank 2, Cleaving Strikes)
Level 6: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Form of the Swordsman (Rank 2, Cut Where it Counts)
Level 11: Dragon's Bite (Rank 2)
Level 14: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
Level 17: Devour Essence (Rank 2, Phlebotomist)
Level 20: Resurgence
Level 23: Dark Transfusion (Rank 2, Blood Sacrifice)
Level 26: Iron Lariat (Kyoketsu Shoge)
Level 29: Supernatural Power
Level 32: Command Animals (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Parry
Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Shadow Wings (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Bat Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations:
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Aggression (2/2)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Overpower (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Warden: Fortified Gear (1/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Elusive (2/2)
Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Everything past level 26 is speculative. I like that Supernatural Power gives me largely unlimited use of Devour Essence - usually when I'm using that, it's because poo poo went wrong in an alert and I'm trying to recover a bit. Command Animals is there because he's an evil vampire and he should have evil black wolves following him around :downs: I'm not sure about the Specs, either - is 4% bonus damage better than +20% Offense from gear? Especially with TBD/AS - it seems like it wouldn't be.

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 2, 2013

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

It's less confusing when you consider the heavy goon involvement.

Where is the thread? I can only find the general kickstarter threads.

vvv That's Project Phoenix, which is the same thing with less goons.

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 5, 2013

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Aphrodite posted:

Project Phoenix is City of Titans though.

Oh! Wasn't there another one, though?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

jerichojx posted:

So the Amazon vendor the for $11.99 Champions Online 60 Day Time Card won't open and send me the codes.

Any kind US goon can order 3 for me and I'll pay them via PayPal or something?

Did you ever get help with this? I'd like to help you, but it'd be easier to talk over PMs or something.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

EDIT: ^^^ He's clearly mocking the PvP nutjobs who complain bitterly about what the new patch is going to do to their builds.

Irony Man got a PvP challenge the other night, which I accepted out of boredom.

The opponent was a super-fidgety stealth DPS glass cannon. I flew thirty feet in the air and nearly killed them twice with a minigun toggle that costs negative energy to fire.

The idea that Irony Man almost actually defeated a human being is kind of bizarre. He literally sacrifices all possible damage for threat boost.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I was using Minigun, plus kickback.

It's better than Eye Beams, but it's still scrub-tier damage, as far as I know. I didn't even switch out of Tank mode.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Good run on the nemcon tonight, guys. I crashed out and didn't really want to come back :v:

Nereid's build is really, really stupid. I don't think I needed to block once for that entire dungeon.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I love when they say things like that inside the game's official forums, as though that's a place where prospective players will go to figure out if they want to play this game. :allears:

We'll see if they broke my veteran poo poo (preorder lifetime :shepface:) this evening...

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

A couple of build questions:

1) How well does Backhand Chop work? Are all the bosses you'd want it against magically immune to it?

2) I'm rebuilding my Unarmed character (Man-Spider), considering making an LR/BCR tank. How hard should I stack Dodge/Avoid? I remember it being wise to diversify between multiple defense sources.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Bluhman posted:

The new dodge mechanics are all percentage based - which (as far as I can tell) means absolutely no diminishing returns. Therefore, stack everything. It's basically the opposite now, so you're either a defense-based character, or a dodge-based one.

Disappointing, but thematically sensible. Defiant Monk was SUCH a cool build. :allears:

Here's what I'm spitballing right now:

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...J003V723Ugt0tak

Name: Man-Spider

Super Stats:
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Strength (Secondary)
Level 15:

Talents:
Level 1: One of Mind and Body
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers:
Level 1: Righteous Fists
Level 1: Thundering Kicks (Floating Lotus Blossom, Crippling Challenge)
Level 6: Crashing Wave Kick (Subtlety of the Tides)
Level 8: Dragon Kick
Level 11: Lightning Reflexes (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Form of the Master (Storm's Eye Prana)
Level 17: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Rank 2, Resurgent Reiki)
Level 20: Masterful Dodge
Level 23: Shuriken Storm (Floating Butterfly, Strong Arm, Challenging Strikes)
Level 26: Parry (Rank 2, The Elusive Monk)
Level 29: Toxic Nanites
Level 32:
Level 35:
Level 38: Rebirth

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Swinging (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Scarab Tunneling (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations:
Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
Dexterity: Power Swell (2/2)
Dexterity: Evasion (2/2)
Dexterity: Quick Reflexes (3/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Reactive Strikes (2/2)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
Protector: Defensive Expertise (3/3)
Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

I like the double Fortified Gear + The Best Defense, I think that will cause my numbers to be senselessly high. I kind of wanted to do Wardicator (and then combo TBD + AS with Tenacious, for extra bonus numberwang), but I really want Defensive Expertise to further abuse BCR.

Not sure what other superstat to take, or what trait-only stat to add.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Hen Masters was pretty great and someone I met in an alert, yellow gi with feather shoulders and the robo-lizard bits. Should have taken a screenie but people disappear so fast after alerts...

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I had pretty good luck with customer support when I needed to find my lifetime-enabled account after the PWE changeover. I mean, it takes them a day or two, but they seem pretty much on-the-ball - I imagine their density of calls is lower than a newer, bigger title, so you don't get triaged as hard.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I figured out a build I like for Earth Form, though I'm still kind of fleshing it out as I go. It will be based firmly on Heavy Weapons and add various elemental powers for flavor/synergy.

Questions I'm still answering:

I already have a STR/Warden/Vindicator guy, I'd kind of like to at least have a different main superstat here. Any recommendations there? Obviously I still need to spike STR for damage purposes.

My current plan for innate passive is Thermal Reverberation, which can trigger off advantaged Eruption. Has anyone tried that? I'd probably wind up taking Flashfire or something to make it easier to work. Is there a better choice for innate passive?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I'll probably wind up with anything in Heavy Weapons or Earth that can cause Clinging Flames, but it's damned hard to tell what will and what won't. :(

Wait a minute - do Enlightened and Expertise stack? THAT sounds fun. :)

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Hahaha holy poo poo Caliga has fanart of himself. Like, a LOT of fanart :stare:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Those are from the Nemcon guys, I think they can drop off of any Nemcon mob.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

jerichojx posted:

I feel Defiance is kinda weak though.

I did some thinking overnight about your Defiance troubles. One thing that used to help a lot, and I'm not sure if it still does, is to spread out your defenses across multiple mechanics. This helps avoid the diminishing returns on any one mechanic.

So your core is Defiance, which gives you a very chunky Damage Resist boost. You don't need more damage resist than that. Instead of Laser Knight, go for Elusive Monk, since your dodge/avoidance is likely to be quite low, naturally. Then grab BCR/RR to mesh with Elusive Monk, and to provide some healing - again, a form of defense you didn't have any of before.

I'll leave it to someone with more current experience to tell me if this is still a good concept.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Alright, that's what I thought but I wanted to make sure. Another question: if you took the guardian and warden tree and took "The Best Defense" in both trees would you get 200% of your defense converted to offense or would the second copy of "The Best Defense" do nothing?

Speaking as someone who was inactive for a long time and then came back and had to figure poo poo out all over again: Make a new character, preferably a DPS of some kind, and run them up from level 1 (skipping the tutorial if possible) to get a feel for what the system is now. I find that makes it much easier to rebuild your old characters.

The default, baseline spec build for MDPS is STR/Warden/Vindicator, for RDPS is EGO/Guardian/Vindicator. The Best Defense in Warden/Guardian and Aggressive Stance in Vindicator stack recursively; your numbers will keep rising iteratively until the ratios are correct. Infinite series! After you've gone through one of those specs to level 30 or so it becomes a lot easier to see how things fit together.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So I made a build, feel free to critique:

If you use the Export Text option on the builder, it makes a link to a copy of your build, which is handy for remembering what the names mean.

If you're going to put so many spec points into improving crit severity, you probably want DEX as a secondary superstat, to crank up your base crit rate to acceptable levels. Note that PRE doesn't have anything to do with aggro anymore - it doesn't do much unless you're a dedicated support build.

AFAIK Chain Lightning is still bad, Lightning Arc is much more effective. Both of them are stopgaps until you can get to Gigabolt, which is still awesome. It is still possible to spam Gigabolt taps indefinitely with Ionic Reverberation.

There's a lot of fine details about power/advantage/talent choices that could be argued, but those are the main things.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

jerichojx posted:

I hated Haymaker so I switched it out for Devour Essence which honestly is great.

Devour Essence is stupidly good in just about every build.

Flesh Forge posted:

We took him out for a ride with training wheels on (Mamushi's +104/+95 AOPM) and then we took the training wheels off and he kept going. We were so proud. :3:

Yes, Mamushi left and I started facerolling everywhere because I am an idiot who can't function without a tank and a healer :downs: But Monarch was fine!

Flesh Forge, could you weigh in on the crit rate thing I was discussing with Radish above? I feel like his build really wants super-DEX, and like super-PRE for a couple of self-heals is kind of a waste on a gigabolt-spammers, but I'm also not sure at all.

McSpanky posted:

Defense/dodge changes, auras, cardboard robot armor, almost sounds like this game is worth coming back to!

No lie, this game has gotten really good given the starvation budget it's been living on. For me, Alerts make all the difference - no more re-running any content you don't feel like doing, ever.

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 24, 2013

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

As far as energy management, Electric Form + Ionic Reverberation will carry an enormous amount of weight. AFAIK you're fine with EGO/dex/con.

For talents, using the +8 to one and the +5/+5 to two, you can invest 18 in each of three stats, or 15 in each of four. The latter arrangement is a little more popular, since it lets you pile up a fourth stat. INT is a popular choice.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I hate to double-post, but I want to make sure people see this:

Looks like I cropped out his nameplate - Power Boy.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Been having an insane amount of fun with this build. The powers are out of order, I don't remember exactly where I put my spec points, and I'm not especially sure of my superstats/talents and I drat sure have lovely random gear, but! It plays like a Mastermind from City of Villains. A big swarm of jackass pets, and you in the middle sucking up aggro with AoE soft taunts and not ever dying, mostly:

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powe...Q003BIN09T70trL

Name: Irony Man

Super Stats:
Level 6: Endurance (Primary)
Level 10:
Level 15:

Talents:
Level 1:
Level 6:
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers:
Level 1: Wrist Bolter (Automated Assault, Accelerated Metabolism)
Level 1: Mini Gun (Rank 2, U-238 Rounds, Challenging Strikes)
Level 6: Tactical Missiles (Crippling Challenge)
Level 8: Micro Munitions (Rank 2, Alpha Strike, Challenging Strikes)
Level 11: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Overdrive
Level 17: Support Drones (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Attack Toys (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Inertial Dampening Field
Level 26: Implosion Engine
Level 29: Rebirth
Level 32: Reconstruction Circuits
Level 35: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Phalanx Defense System)
Level 38: Fire All Weapons

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Jet Pack (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Superjump (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations:
Endurance: Readiness (3/3)
Endurance: Kickback (2/2)
Endurance: Power Overwhelming (3/3)
Endurance: Hardened (2/2)
Protector: Beacon of Hope (3/3)
Protector: Unrelenting (1/2)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Exhausting Strikes (2/2)
Commander: Evasive Action (2/2)
Commander: Multitasker (3/3)
Commander: Well Trained (2/2)
Commander: Relief (3/3)
Mastery: Commander Mastery (1/1)

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Bluhman posted:

Yup! Never seen it before.

Here's hoping to it actually spinning while on your back (or even being available to players for that matter).

The link posted:

This encounter will be challenging but will also be rewarding. If you are able to defeat the sinister Black Harlequin, you’ll have a chance to be rewarded with new costume pieces: Blunderbuss weapon piece, Harquebus weapon costume and Windup Key costume piece (in case you want to look like one of Harlequin’s creations).

Also, it looks a lot like the windup key from the Attack Toys soldier. Which is good :3:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I recommend you don't try to make your first character a lightsaber MDPS. I know lightsabers can work - Cosmic Commissar uses them - but his build is kind of weird and specific. Use Martial Arts, either single or dual blade, and use the tech sword skins, which look like lightsabers.

In general, I think you should run an archetype character up to 30 or so before doing freeform; their builds are a bit suboptimal but mostly very playable.

As far as underpowered, I think the main problem is that Champions explains nothing about how to make a good freeform character build. There's some advice in the OP about that. Champions is much more about exploiting synergies than CoH was; you desperately need your Slotted Passive, and having a good Form Toggle and Energy Unlock makes everything work smoother.

The big downside of this system is that your early-game freeform build is generally your EB plus one or two good damage powers - then for six levels you're doing nothing but picking up passives, using the same two powers to kill bad guys with. THEN you start adding more powers to handle a wider variety of situations, and/or mix things up. Basically, most builds feel a little lumpy and bad and boring until level 15 or so, when you finally have enough power picks to operate properly. You can take the edge off a bit by planning to respec around 14 or so, rearranging your early picks to take the boring powers you need while still having some fun powers to kill stuff with.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Like, as an example, I've been playing a Lighting Reflexes/Munitions tank. Munitions has huge crushing internal synergy, which makes it a good bolt-on to anything with high DEX - in this case, a Lightning Reflexes/Bountiful Chi Resurgence/Fluidity tank:

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=7&n=&d=120000000000000800082008300D90088008900DK008I0000000000000000000000QJ00000200000000

Powers:
Level 1: Gunslinger
Level 1: Two-Gun Mojo
Level 6: Bullet Beatdown
Level 8: Lightning Reflexes
Level 11: Concentration
Level 14: Killer Instinct
Level 17: Bountiful Chi Resurgence
Level 20: Lead Tempest
Level 23:
Level 26:
Level 29:
Level 32:
Level 35:
Level 38:

You can skip the tutorial after the first time, so I start at level 6 with a do-nothing energy builder, a maintained single-target nuke, and a single-target melee combo. I take my next attack at level 20. It's a long time to be killing things with just those two attacks, but I'm using Lead Tempest as a PBAoE soft taunt, and that's bad if I don't have my energy return and defensive powers built up.

It's kind of fun for me, having played the game for three years, but I can see it being very repulsive to a newbie. This isn't even covering the lack of information about freeform builds - knowing that all characters with a high Dodge rate should be running Bountiful Chi Resurgence, etc.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Having just built a Kickback guy, I would recommend taking Readiness from the same tree. You want a pretty high equilibrium point to launch from, because it makes it easier to keep mana up - if your maintains starve and break you just kind of fall into a hole that you have to build out of.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

What level is she now?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Defiance/Enrage probably still works fine. Enrage gets Endorphin Rush, which heals you based on how deep Defiance is stacked. You can use Defensive Combo to maintain threat/Defiance stacks, and then pick up whatever knock powers you want - Uppercut? Haymaker? Roomsweeper? Primary STR, secondary CON/DEX. Wardicator, spec for survivability and then crits. I haven't played my old punchbot much since On Alert, so I'm not sure if there's anything I'm missing. Here is the loose sketch:

quote:

Link to this build: http://powerhouse.nullware.com/powerhouse.html?v=7&n=&d=113299AGbBM0000I000IC00I700I903IG04ID00II00IJ000000000000000000000000003bIh3Ugt2PYc

Name:

Super Stats:
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: Superhuman
Level 9: Physical Conditioning
Level 12: Acrobat
Level 15: Covert Ops Training
Level 18: Body and Mind
Level 21: Healthy Mind

Powers:
Level 1: Clobber
Level 1: Mighty Leap
Level 6: Roomsweeper
Level 8: Defiance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Enrage (Endorphin Rush)
Level 14: Uppercut
Level 17: Haymaker
Level 20: Havoc Stomp
Level 23:
Level 26:
Level 29:
Level 32:
Level 35:
Level 38:

Travel Powers:
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations:
Strength: Swole (3/3)
Strength: Quick Recovery (2/2)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Overpower (3/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Reactive Strikes (2/2)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (1/2)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

EDIT: Based on testing, Endorphin Rush isn't tank material, but it might be good for survivability on an MDPS.

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 4, 2013

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Ego blades DON'T scale with EGO, is what they're saying. Ego blades scale with STR, like every other melee power.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Maybe? I haven't actually tested it, someone probably should. Welcome to Champions Online! :downs:

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Alerts and Dailies are pretty much all that made it possible for me to come back to this game; I might have enough patience to get my current stable to level 40, but I'm almost certainly not making any more characters after that. Maybe in two more years they'll have more new stuff to try.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Flesh Forge posted:

The drowned James Bond guy's missions

I'm pretty sure if you finish this chain you get a device that summons communist zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

It turns out that with even the crappiest super-PRE build, Celestial Conduit is overpoweringly strong healing in alerts. Like, just with heirloom gear, Aura of Primal Majesty and Compassion, I'm doing 900-1000 HP a tick. And with Illumination, I can do that to my entire party at once, almost perpetually. I was able to keep people alive while they were attacking into Cimitiere's block. Also, pubbies absolutely love anyone who keeps them from dying in an obvious way. :3: