Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

LordSaturn posted:

Does Ego Storm still 1) murder all the henchmen in range and 2) lock down all the lieutenants long enough to kill them with follow-ups?

It might, but there's more PBAoE maintains to go with now. Like the one from wind, or pestilence. The latter is really good with the Pestilence passive, and it's easy to keep up stacks of your form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

rex monday posted:

I've got another weird theme build question. I've got a character I've been trying to make a powerset for since forever. Started as dual blades. Made him heavy weapons when that came out. But the thing is the chain powers would be perfect for him. I originally tried mixing in the supernatural ones into the DB build way back in the day. Then more recently tried to use the Might chains to spice up the HW build. But I wonder now if it's possible to make a build where chains are the main part of your damage. It appears from a little experimentation that Infernal chains are the way to go here. Stacking bleeds and poisons.

You can certainly do it, but it's not going to be the best thing ever or even in the same zip code. Not much in the game will punish you too much for the choice though. Meteor hammer is a fun advantage at the very least.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Cuchulain posted:

Huh, I could've sworn the tooltip for the extra ranks stated different numbers. Probably just another example of the game outright lying about it's numbers! Thanks for the advice Bluhman.

They give a higher percentage of building extra stacks when you cause it to stack. It's never really worth it unless you have points you really don't feel inclined to spend somewhere else.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Here are two of my favorites in recent history.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Prism posted:

Cynthia, I think.

Either way, these are just as 'good' as some of the CoH ones I've seen.

There's no real lack of quality, if you can stand to sit around caprice! I don't really log in much these days, but when I do, I try to find yet another thing to screenshot.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

I'm not really sure what prompted this combination of things but all I can think of is some one wanting to roleplay some spooky rapeclown.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Hey that last one was a bingo. You didn't see that big old (WIP) at the top?

E: and for a contribution, I found this while heading to the costume tailors.

A Primus datapage link away from being a bingo. How common were virtueverse references in CoX? Because I think it's hit or miss in CO for the PDB. It's mostly the CO RP crowd that uses them

Allatum fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 11, 2013

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
So it's perfectly OK to tell people that a female character has a dick in a bio. But if you make fun of dick chicks it's against the rules.

P.S: A motorcycle would have been pretty rad. But the focus on hover tanks and junk was kind of strange and feasibly excluded people who stuck to themed characters. Also, the lockbox gamble.

Allatum fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 12, 2013

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Alert dalies are one quick way. Then there's ways to cheese the bunker bosses in the VIPER adventure pack. The second one still has a double drop, which includes two questionite boxes. So that's anything from 400 Q a run, or up to 3,000 if you're lucky.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Flesh Forge posted:

Reviewing the PTS official forum - wow, it's odd how the tiny handful of people occasionally dueling in Ren Center try to drive the entire structure of the game. A lot of the threads are basically "this guy beat me in PVP please nerf everyone that uses this power thanks".

I'm surprised people like Nesno even still play.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

WarLocke posted:

I'm hearing stories of CO PvP being horribly broken in a 'everyone packs devices that do waaaay more damage than powers' way. When will someone learn not to mix MMOs and PvP?

It actually used to not be so bad, before the On Alert changes. But that came with switching a lot of on use gear from being gear to utility items. So the drawbacks of using them disappeared. The spec trees are a whole other problem with how new gear can work too, but messing with that would just punish then majority of people who don't even think about doing pvp and don't spend hundreds of dollars to maximize their character's stats.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Some one might have some optimal loadout somewhere but doing the UNITY missions can get you some pieces of gear fairly easily. With those I usually just make sure my superstats are more or less even across as far as what the gear is giving.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Kelp Plankton posted:

Auras are on the test server, so I made a video showing them off with the new aura tab and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RVW1YlJp1o

If you find my horrible nerd voice annoying, here's the important bits:

- Auras are in the Z-Store and the Q-Store, some drop from enemies
- You can have up to 4 of each type of aura slot (always on and combat only) for a total of 8 auras at once.
- Most of them are colorable but some are not. If it's black(black krackle) or white(snowflakes) you can't change it.

Your voice is perfectly okay. And thanks for the the preview, I thought this stuff was still mired somewhere deep in limbo of 'in the near future.'

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Are they removing the effects from forms entirely then?

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Question: Do ego blades still scale with ego or did they change it?

Also, do ranged specializations in the ego tree apply to ego blade powers?

Ego blades scale with ego as far as non-superstat damage boosters go. Otherwise they are treated as melee for the purposes of specializations and powers (Like focus forms.)

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I did some testing with dummies with ego as the PSS and with strength as the PSS, everything else the same, no equipment, etc. Most of the tests were with Ego Blade Frenzy because you get so many hits with it but I also checked with the other ego blade powers and it was consistent: Slightly more damage with Ego as the PSS. This was with a 50 point differential between STR and EGO, so that should make a noticeable difference. I wish I had some identical equipment with ego/str being the only difference, but I don't so I can't test with a larger spread between the two stats.

Since it's more or less a soft cap that starts around 100 or so IIRC you can actually get away with doing int+ whatever two stats with quarry. You'll be squishy since they nerfed quarry's dodge and such but that would still let you do something like STR/Con/Int and use enrage. Even use Force geyser or snap for the knocks and call it telekinesis.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I'm getting an unknown command prompt for "hue" when I try that. Did they change any command names recently?

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I was dumb and had the .txt as part of the file name. :downs:

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
The backlash when they hinted that they'd release Vibora as a paid expansion probably shot that notion down pretty heavily. In retrospect it probably wouldn't have been a bad 5 or maybe even 15 dollars if they had included just a bit more, maybe thrown in some costume parts with the package.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Bluhman posted:

The highpoints for running vibora included:

1. Running the Apocalypse for the first time
2. Being a cool location with a nice, darker atmosphere
3. Therakiel's Temple, and its bosses being fairly well designed

Running the apocalypse repeatedly becomes a chore, especially when you have multiple other characters, and the sequence of Vibora missions to unlock Therakiel's Temple (and also Unity 2) involves a bunch of grindy and/or buggy missions.

It was a big addon, but it probably was the right move to not charge money for it - people probably would've been incredibly angry if they had paid money for this.

True, but they did have the adventure packs be paid things for free players for a while. Also I hardly bother with Vibora on my alts because of the Apocalypse. It was okay the first time but the fact that it can't be skipped is a huge pain after about third or so time. I think I stopped bothering after four.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I do remember the only reason I got past content gaps back then was because I enjoyed shooting nerds in PvP for a time.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
You found a person. :buddy:
You should befriend that person. Or ask them to write a bio for their character and then post it on Caprice Bingo.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

Have any of you ever gotten art commissioned for your characters?

My nephew is crazy into superheroes right now, and draws his own mini comic books with characters he made up. For his birthday/Christmas/some gift giving holiday in the future, I would really like to have a comic book cover style drawing made for him with a couple of his characters or something like that.

There's a few artists I think. Prices vary wildly and can get drat expensive. I guess people have different ideas what their skills are worth. But..

KarlaDiazC and Daclobanon might be open for commissions and have a comic-y style. I've had pieces done before but the artists currently aren't taking new commissions.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

LordSaturn posted:

Also, Kevin Poe is a whiny chump and would never make it as a Saint. :colbert:

There would be no superheroes if Gat and the Boss existed in the Champions Universe. :colbert:

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Are those any decent? the cooldowns on them always seem prohibitive to add to a build when you can work out something like Cascade into a ridiculous hit, still.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I'm more baffled that they still have people actually working on the game beyond making lockboxes.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Marvel Heroes kind of starches the itch for a lot of people who'd look for a multiplayer experience of heroes, I'm thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Abroham Lincoln posted:

https://twitter.com/ChampionsFFA/status/1002627535358705664

Looks like they're also gutting the option to buy any account wide costume slots

Another choice that seems Not Very Smart

I shamefully have 54 costume slots account wide, this new system would probably cost a lot more.