Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

FlyinPingu posted:

Category ideas:
Most Racist Depiction of a Minority

I saw a black guy with a afro, tattered clothes, and a rope belt with the name "Obsolete Farm Equipment" last night. He wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

J3ng4 posted:

I fully support this game. Goons have the best ideas for heroes, and they'll answer any question you've got. I don't play too often but it's refreshing when I do, none of this raid schedule "be here at X time" type of things, or bust your rear end for gear. Plus the city is fun to swing around in.

This game really is the best for "gently caress around all day" and the CCs are the best to crash with crazy characters. I think I showed up to one two weeks ago as a ned flanders hulk character named Hulkily Dokily.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Asimo posted:

...and it sends enemies flying about fifty miles. :allears: It's the quintessential Might trick.

Try using annihilate. Every time i use a fully charged one on my dps HW guy, I hear Chris Berman in my head making some home run reference.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Reason #326 not to group with pubbies:

I ran Therakiel's Temple on Elite all the way to the final boss with a pubbie group. After our 4th failed attempt to kill the fucker, I tell my tank "Dude, you need to keep aggro or we're going to get cleaved to death."

His (serious) response? "What's aggro?"

afhvajgfvcasjhfvasha. If i wasn't losing my hair before that, i sure as poo poo ripped some out after.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Asimo posted:

On a related sort of note: both Supernatual slotted passives suck. Okay, okay, Regeneration isn't too bad, but it teaches some bad habits in terms of soloing and leaves you surprisingly vulnerable in the late game to heavy-hitting cosmics or swarms of enemies that can damage you faster than you can heal, even if you can bolster this through other powers that boost dodge/damage resistance. Pestilence on the other hand is absolutely worthless and you should never take it even unless I've missed yet another twinky use for something. In general you're far better off with Defiance or Unstoppable or something that boosts physical damage for Bestial, and Firey Form or Ice Form for Infernal (as they boost Toxic damage).

I can't figure out why, but i've seen quite a few Pestilence users in lowbie pvp (11-20). Maybe down there it rocks. I dunno. I've been pvping with a str/con might guy down there with Invulnerability, Bio shielding, and unbreakable, so i don't even notice the passive damage. Perhaps its good for.... yeah i dunno. can't figure that one out.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

delfin posted:

I ran The Gremlin with Pestilence as his passive, and it worked out well. It tacks on DoT to anything that gets close and DoT to anything you hit with a ranged attack, so for someone whose bread-and-butter is the Venomous Breath / Supernatural Power synergy, that plus Pestilence plus Avenger role jacks up DPS enough to chew through PvE very effectively.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it optimal -- you're glass-cannoning if you use it, plus I never play PvP -- but it can be fun to use.

That i understand. It's the use in PvP where those who are near you are most certainly melee who have some ridiculous defensive passive (LR, Invuln, Definace) and some ridiculous active defense (like unbreakable, masterful dodge, etc) where that dot really wouldn't even be felt that confuses me.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
someone tell me how good r3 Invuln with r3 IDF is, since i will not experience it for a good while.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Look into Palliate for a heal. r3 has +41% health return and temporarily increases presence (which means more threat).

Also, look at Circle of Primal Dominion. It's a nice tank aid.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Felony posted:

What do I do with all this crap?

save it for crafting other crap down the road. Looks mostly like arms crafting materials.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

FlyinPingu posted:

Despite using two different slots, you cannot use chest beam with any of the hand slot powers, as chest beam is a charge power.

This is not true. I use Concussion Beams while charging Chest Beam pretty much whenever I use Concussion Beams (which is almost always). I actually don't use Micro Munitions. It's a solid power, I just don't have much use for it. My rotation generally consists of building up to a full energy bar, charging Orbital Canon, build it back up to full, Concussion Beams w/ Charging Chest Beam. Generally a full blast chest beam hits right after the orbital canon does, giving a nice chunk of spike damage.

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 15, 2011

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Aphrodite posted:

Saw these guys hanging around the tailor.

Their supergroup is called "The Marvel Ultimate Alliance"

The Iron Man is called Stony Tark, the Luke Cage is Luke C., the Spider-Man is Spidey-Man and the Deadpool is The Undercover Hero. He's also the black armored guy in the Iron Man picture. Not sure who that's supposed to be.

They're all pretty bad, but there's something to be said for the organization.

those are all awful. Cage is semi-close, but how hard is it to gently caress up a t-shirt and pants? I'll post my War Machine later on. It's probably the best Iron Man suit you'll see in-game. I don't get how some people make ripoffs and then screw them up so badly at the same time. I've made Thor, Venom, Iron Man, War Machine, and Deathstroke before and they're all spot-on. I saw a hulk the other day in long tights. with spiked hair. and a smile on his face.

If you're going to have no imagination, at least do the ripoff some justice.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

repLOLican posted:

This a hundred million times. What is it with pubbies, horrible knockoffs, and picking the most over-saturated color on the palette? At least get the coloring right if you aren't creative enough to use the costume pieces to the right effect. :gonk:

Incoming ripoff image spam!

Deathstroke!

Iron Man!

The Juggernaut, Bitch!

Venom!

Ultimate Thor!

My own take on Kyle Rayner as Ion

Captain America

Hulk

I have more but I can't recall where I placed them, including a decently done captain marvel and deadpool. I wish i had a lifetime so i could make a spot-on Dr. Fate with that helmet they get.

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 21, 2011

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
More ripoffs i found on my external.

Hawkeye

Black Adam

Nightwing

Daredevil

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Asimo posted:

... Why is he puce? :geno:

went off the Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 character model.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
how about a sale on lifetime subs. I want that helmet, cryptic!

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Aphrodite posted:

Resistance is still run a lot, though. Might be a nice grab to do some grouping with other goons.

Resistance can also be used for powerleveling if you don't enjoy the mission grind.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

ColHannibal posted:

Does it give alot more xp or something? Vi Ora and lemura suck and I'm at 39.

do all of resistance up to the second to last part where you have to drive a Mega Destroid (do all this on normal difficulty the first time). When you drive the MD, you have to destroy 6 dimensional anchors and fight 1 shadow colossus after each one.

What you do is, destroy all the anchors but the last one. Each colossus you kill nets ridiculous xp. Destroy an anchor, kill a colossus, rinse and repeat. DO NOT DESTROY THE LAST ANCHOR. When you get to the last one, log out for 5 minutes (no less than 5). When you log back in after 5 minutes, your toon will be outside of the Harmon Building. Change the difficulty to Elite (for more xp) and re-enter. It'll spawn you at the start of the Mega Destroid stage.

Repeat the Mega Destroid driving stage repeatedly like this. I think at lvl 32 on Elite, each colossus was netting me 45k xp. Multiply that by the 5 you need to fight. Each run takes about 20 minutes. That's 225k xp in 20 minutes. Take 5, repeat it again. That's over 500k xp in an hour in the 30+ level range.

HAVE FUN! :D

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I used to really like this game. Now it seems that it has been relegated to my boredom bin. Every time a new costume pack or hideout gets released, I get it, fly around with my new shiny toys for 5 minutes, and then move on. I want to like this game as a superhero game so much, but I just can't. :(

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
As I mentioned briefly in-game the other day, I think we need to petition Cryptic for a Kirby-based energy projection powerset. How dare they give us Kirby Flight and nothing else!

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
E: Wrong thread.

Second E: Is there any news on when the new costume pack is hitting the store?

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Aphrodite posted:

I have a Fire and Ice character, purely because I discovered that Heat Wave fires from the left hand while Ice Blast fires from the right.

They're both the same damage type group and so Ice Form boosts the damage of both.

Oh, really? Welp, guess I know what I'm making next.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Most accurate copy of a B-side hero.

I shall show up dressed as Booster Gold. Yes I did this and yes it's very accurate. Yes, I have no shame and am horribly unoriginal.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

ColHannibal posted:

I did not.

You should do it in RP format, tbh.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Aphrodite posted:

It's out now.

The flight is retractable metal wings. They look kind of cool in the screenshots.

Can you post a screenie? That site is blocked at work (damnit).

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Aphrodite posted:

Unfortunately, my work also blocks the site. I used my phone, but it cannot copy image urls.

Bah. I can't even have my phone in the building (Don't ask). Ah well. Hopefully it looks bad rear end. Retractable Wings sound legit. I was kinda hoping for the Deus Ex costume set, but this will suffice.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

hmmmm interesting. Not really what I was expecting, but still decent. Thanks for the post!

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Asimo posted:

Sorry the thread's been quiet too. There just... hasn't been much to talk about. The big update they're working on has apparently made the entire staff to vanish into the aether or something meanwhile until it hits. They haven't even updated the upcoming releases calendar since March, so I don't really have anything to toss into the OP.

I'll try and do and update of the advice and stuff when things hit, but meanwhile... uh, if anyone's even still playing, feel free to post your characters or something. :v:

I thought the new patch was supposed to hit soon. Any hardline date on it?

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Ugh, all this new stuff. I'm lost.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Where are the best places to get halfway decent moddable gear now? Alerts? I tried a few tonight but they all seemed kinda dull and I only got resources at the end.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Is it me or does the two stacking +25% damage reduction buffs from the Armadillo set seem a bit OP? I stood with my ranged PA dps character against Mega D and went afk to eat without dying. Curious how it would be on a tank.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Is there any word of more content coming down the pipe? I find myself logging in only to play in the costume editor.

Also, what is the best method for getting new high-end gear for my 40s since the stat changes?

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
The new PA powers on the test center are really fun to play with, especially the new ability Fire All Weapons. it basically turns you into War Machine for about 5-6 seconds. Probably one of the better looking powers I've seen in the game in awhile.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Aphrodite posted:

They added the new Power Armor stuff today, along with a Costume Set.

It's some bulky armor, plus thinner pieces that allow holographic armor.

In other words, Omnitools!

None of that outside the omni-tool looks new. Am I missing something?

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Aphrodite posted:

Freeform character slots are in the store straight up now.

$50.

Yes, 50.

hahahahaha, wow that's amazing.

On a side note, is there a way to make people suck less at doing Harmon's Lab? It seems 90% of the pubbies I get stuck with are single target hybrids with awful builds and a tendancy to aggro the whole room at once. Also, "hey look a patch of fire! Better stand in it!"

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I went around in silver metal glow tights at max glow with my new sparkler travel power. I'm assuming that I blinded and/or caused some seizures last night.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Damnit when are the batman carbon copy powers hitting live? I have a Noir character in mind but I can't proceed until these unoriginal powers are released!

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Inzombiac posted:

Have the PA changes rolled out? A great PA set is the only thing that would get me back into this.

Those were done and implemented a couple months ago. They're pretty decent.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Asimo posted:

It's also 360 degrees and not a forward cone. It really is better all around. Sadly, since Roomsweeper's way cooler.

EDIT: And oh hey, the Batman night warrior stuff went live. :D

Even the missions and whatnot? I've been holding off coming back till that stuff went live so I can get my bat hawk plane.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I mentioned this last night in goon chat, but the amount of furries since the CoX announcement has increased exponentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Don't be this guy:

:stare: