Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
More grab bags :suicide:

Can't say I'm surprised that Cryptic did this.

Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

It really does. It's slower than walking.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

ColHannibal posted:

We have a winner, also a CC in 15min.

Edit:

So much for my CC hat trick, got smacked down on number 3 by a really lovely SPEAR CC.

Like there's non-lovely SPEAR CCs :v:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Asimo posted:

Also, here's some in-game shots of some pieces of that cyberpunk set. Day-one purchase, just like the retro sci-fi set. :stare:

They've said these will be purchased in-game. Whether it's with globals or some new-fangled currency like Snake Bucks (I hope not, ugh :smithicide:) remains to be seen.

If they do put it up on the C-Store, I'd be happy.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Also only one secondary slot for each type :aaa:

I'll have to wait until I can see the itemization changes to get the full picture, but as it stands, players are getting knocked down a peg and NPCs are getting buffed.

Will be a big change and I'm sure a lot of the CO spergs will :spergin: out over these changes, but the game is way too easy as it is anyways.

EDIT: Oh yeah, looks like CO is getting it's own version of STO's dilithium system. That's most likely how these new costumes sets are earned in-game I bet.

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 10, 2012

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yeah, this does seem like CO's ED moment, except not as shittily handled. Rebuilding the foundation so they can add more and better stuff to the game.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Mewnie posted:

Yeah, this does seem like CO's ED moment, except not as shittily handled. Rebuilding the foundation so they can add more and better stuff to the game.

Self quoting this, because I checked the forums and I retract my 'not shittily handled' part. When the top post is 'Please don't put this patch live yet' and goes on in detail about what isn't working, I'm getting Kitchen Sink Part 2.. 3? vibes.

Thankfully, CO isn't at the top of my MMO radar atm, so I'll just wait out the shitstorm until they unfuck all of the new bugs!

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Well, unless some of this stuff they have done and are just not putting it up on PTS for us to check out- I don't know how this new crafting system will pan out, since they've canned all of the old recipes, as well as the Specializations still being buggy or NYI :iamafag: to name a few.

Stuff like IDF getting changed into a Form is hilarious and much needed. Nerfing Bullet Beatdown so it's not melee (unless you take a new 2 point advantage- meaning to make it melee and AoE you're stuck with rank 1 :confused:) is just baffling. I mean, it's not even that great of a power.

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 23, 2012

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
When I logged off this morning, the exchange was closing in on 50,000 CP for 50 Questionite per CP.

So if you're looking to get some cheap CP, this would be the time. Just need to get some folks together to smash some APs and Alerts (pugging alerts is terrible :negative:)

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Aphrodite posted:

Oh, by the way, the new modding system breaks the stats in a certain slot rule.

Dex in Defense is back!

Also I now have a +104 Dexterity, +112 Dodge Chance, +26 defense, +41 crowd control item. It's quite nice.

You can also put Dex armouring mods in Utility too, so you could have Dex in all three primaries :aaa:

There's some Defense items that have baked in Dodge so it's quite possible to get 240+ dodge in one item :supaburn: If I see one with SS that I want, then I'm taking it. At this rate, I'm going to be retconning out of Elusive Monk- I'm only getting ~9% dodge out of it as it is.

Pubs are bloobloobloo about this change, but once you start to gear up with the new items, you can see how loving nuts it's going to be.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Good news! I discovered that the Cyberpunk Torso part is male only!

Bad news! I discovered this after spending the 45,000 Questionite to buy it!

loving Cryptic clownshoes.

Am I mad? Yes, I'm loving mad.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
There's a chest wear piece as well. Armplates, Legplates, Mouth, Eyes, Chest, Legs, Feet and Torso.

All I can say is thank God Tera is 3 hours away :byewhore:

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Apr 28, 2012

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

ColHannibal posted:

I still say nothing tops the hate you get when a min/max PvP pubbie challenges you to a duel and you start summoning your legion of pets.

Just take Teleport and TP all over the place. I got so much hate from doing that.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yep! CO basically took in all the dregs from CoH. I used to RP too, but the RPists in CO actually made me quit entirely- not even PnP gaming was any fun for me :smith:

Hence why it's so fun tormenting them.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Ego Blades does have have a frontal cone/180 PAoE- it's been a while, but I think it's Frenzy.

Unless it's been nerfed into the ground, that power is pretty amazing for destroying anything unfortunate enough to be inside the AoE when you start the maintain.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

geri_khan posted:

5) Increasing grind. The last major change I remember was when they introduced some new craftable travel powers, and you had to farm thousands(?) of items off of VIPER to make them. It was utterly ridiculous.

ANTIPROOOOTOOOOONNNNNNNNN! :argh:

He's gone (or moved to Neverwinter, I forget) and they scrapped the stupid crafting system of his.

The only legacy of his that is left is the Vibora costume drops (which did get a drop rate buff after AP left).

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

prefect posted:

Is this Antiproton person any relation to Positron from CoH?

Maybe as Positron's spergy Praetorian double.

Not the same person- Positron, to me, comes off as a real human being. Antiproton was all "Let me check the numbers on the drop rate... yeah, they're fine. :smug:"

E:

LordSaturn posted:

I would need to rebuild my old regen tank to participate. What superstat/trait configuration makes sense for that?
How much misery is involved in getting livable stat-relevant gear around that level?

The one good thing about the old crafting system was that you could, with a little help, get yourself a suite of high-level equipment in whatever stat configuration you wanted. R.I.P, 38 blues.

I overhauled my regen character after the new stats- I'll have to load up the game to go over the Specs, but I went Dex, Str/Rec, focusing on the dodge bonus Dex spec and loading up on dodge gear and then taking Burning Chi Resurgence with the RR advantage. I didn't even intend to tank, but since I hardly ever have to block now, I end up DPS tanking.

To any CoH powerbuilders coming over, layering defenses works quite well here too. You don't even have to take Dex as a SS, since there's pretty good dodge mods at 40. (I went Dex to crit like mad).

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 9, 2012

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Aphrodite posted:

Account.

One of the Cyberpunk pieces is male only, though. I forget which.

Cyberpunk Chest Torso :argh:

I'm the one that discovered this (since the game doesn't tell you this important fact) and of course they wouldn't refund me the Q for a costume piece I have practically zero intention of using :saddowns:

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Dec 15, 2012

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

OneEightHundred posted:

Lockboxes are a gimmick, they're effectively advertisements for keys that take up inventory space.

They're only worth as much as the number of keys you have. If that's zero, throw them out.

Yup, I just stick them in the last slot of my last backpack. They stack to 999 and when they do, I just toss 'em.

Kheldarn posted:

In City of Heroes, I loved playing Martial Arts and Street Justice /Regeneration Brutes. I want to make something that can just punch the faces off of everything, and heal all day long.

I've got a Level 16 Behemoth that I want to convert to Freeform. Can anyone point me to some builds/guides, so I can get some ideas? Thanks!

Here's a quick bash I put together.

I tried to keep the powers as close to the theme of CoH's MA and StJ as I could. A couple powers left at the end for whatever and the Mastery is open too. Regen is pretty good on it's own, and with this and dodge gear, you have a mini Lightning Reflexes as well- so you heal even more with Resurgent Reiki. And your crits heal you too.

Set is up as a tank build but you don't have to take the crippling challenge and the Bulwark spec- Or swap the Protector tree out for something else like Warden Guardian (I always mix those two up) for another 100% defense to offense spec!

Also, I pick powers like that due to using a controller. So I use the base buttons for the EB, Big single target attack on Y and spammy single target on B. Then, with L Trigger, I have long range attack on X, PBAoE on Y and lunge is always B while A is whatever.
R Trigger is where I put my Active/Defensive powers and stuff like Bountiful too.

The last, upper left hotbar is just misc stuff. Stealth, Toggles and what not.

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 27, 2012

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

OneEightHundred posted:

Bonus points: Shadow Blast is even better for spamming it than I originally realized because not only is it ranged and does a lot more damage than Crashing Wave Kick or Brute Strike, but the DOT ticks every second and will proc Sentinel Mastery on every tick so you'll almost as many procs out of it as it's possible to get, even if you're charging or not attacking. :v:

I also discovered that if you're standing in Circle of Ebon Wrath, every attack you make can proc stacks of Compassion. Must be the -heal component of the Circle. I'll try the Shadow Blast on my passive healer, since I need to respec her AGAIN because Devour Essence is getting semi-nerfed (it's being turned into a ranged attack with a 20' range) so no more goofy melee hijinks with it :smith:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Aphrodite posted:

Also a lot of fire effects and ice effects use opposite hands animation wise so it just looks cooler.

The other 2 original elemental types aren't compatible with Fire and Ice, or even each other.

Wind is compatible with lightning and ice through its own passive.

Are there any left-hand only fire attacks? Or are they right only?

Wondering about this, as I got the Warlord Bracer and sadly, on male characters, it only works on the left arm and I want to have a flamethrower-like attack.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I like Lemuria :smith:

Sure- navigating in the coral reef, trying to find the right cave was a pain in the rear end. But it's so pretty at high settings.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I hope CO gets some real attention finally- I know, :Cryptic:, but I can always hope :unsmith:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I suppose they have to decipher the tangled mess that is the previous team(s) code- from what I've read and been told, the code for CoH was like a plate of spaghetti that'd been shot at with a shotgun. I can only imagine the :psyduck: that is CO's.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

WarLocke posted:

And yeah, I know Force Eruption is kind of meh, but sometime it's easier to use a PBAoE than try to get a cone oriented, and I had an extra power slot.

I tried a couple other builds with her (combinations of bubble and/or healing aura builds with Presence and Sentinel spec) but it seems like healing auras draw a ton of aggro and bubbling people would be hectic and/or repetitive, so I figured 'shoot stuff while passively giving resistance' would play better.

If you want a thematic PBAoE, look at Power Armour's Energy Wave. It also does way more damage than Eruption and has an even more annoying knockback! :getin:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
They could have just gated Smashes to 20 and that would have alleviated many of the problems with pubbies queuing up to DPS with their EB :downs:

Grabs take a lot longer on average, so this is a nerf to powerleveling. No more Smash rushes with double exp :argh:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

gently caress yeah robits.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yeah, you can.

I know someone in game who has a character named M.A.R.C.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I guess it wasn't the game's servers making GBS threads themselves, but my connection :smith:

Hopefully that Nemcon went well anyways.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Bluh, why do you use Photobucket? That is terrible how can you just why because :bahgawd:

Serious: Looks like they're changing Vet Rewards for Liftimers. Get lifetime and you will get all vet unlocks immediately http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1029001

Still, that means paying for Lifetime at this stage in the game's life :v:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Welp, looks like it's another :Cryptic: patch! :allears:

People are reporting costume slots, earned vet inventory slots and legacy travel powers disappearing upon logging in.

It's like they purposely did this to harvest maximum tears.

Oh, bonus :qq:

CO Forums posted:

You guys are destroying yourselves by telling CoX players to move on, alienating us.

You guys are destroying yourselves by asking for sledgehammer nerfs and getting it.

You guys are destroying yourselves by closing out anyones suggestion based on the game they played in the past, even when they tell you repeatedly they are not asking for a copy of the game

You guys are destroying yourselves by ENCOURAGING the neglect at large and not allowing for any conditions in this game for any truer variety of tactics.

And you ultimate destroy yourselves by making yourselves look bad.

Well, you guys get a negative image painted on yourselves.

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 14, 2013

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

:stare:

Holy poo poo, they actually did it.

So this means I can have sfx-less passives too :toot:

This is gonna be great.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

:black101:

Grinding Q for these is gonna suuuuuuuuck :suicide:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Need a cosmic power powerset now :colbert:

(This is also too much fun)

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
One more- this is one of my favourites.

Medical Nanites aura really gives a good pulsing lava veins look, and the particles look like floating bits of fiery ash. WotW and Seraphim for subtle heat effects and cap it off with dark aura for smoke.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yeah, but Vibora came out before the adventure packs were a thing.

A good part of the backlash was that Champs was even more content starved (if that was even possible- I mean, look at the game NOW :v:) at that point and here was some much needed content the and we had to pay for it?

It was a really dumb move on Cryptic's part- of course most likely forced by Atari. But still, really dumb.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
So, if you use the mega costume editor mod, if you we're to remove the mod afterwards, does it invalidate costumes?
I gave it a try and it's pretty neat, but you can't access auras or go out to character select with it active :(

I assume it should still work, since I have a character with the old Nephilim Large with no texture thing and as one as I don't edit that it stil good. Just wondering if anyone else who used it removed the mod kept it.

also, goddam iOS auto spellchecker :argh:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Bluhman posted:

I'd recommend using the CO-wiki, but it actually got taken down rather recently. The webmaster of it had been gone for a long while.

But thankfully I managed to write a guide that explains exactly what every power does. And it will explain exactly how good each power is for given purposes.

Not that the wiki would help much anyways- it was woefully out of date and the folks who contributed were more interested in getting info they could lord over others anyways.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Costume contest finalists are in, and of course, they're pretty underwhelming. I guess so little people bothered entering that one dude has two entries :v:

The spider one is neat, I guess. And one of them is just lolicon fetish fuel incarnate :pedo:

I'd be okay if the Not Transformer or Spider Suit won, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
SnakeWildlife is mad about Champions Online, and he won't take it anymore!

http://pastebin.com/8txML27H