Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

ArcticZombie posted:

If it’s that big of a deal breaker, an M1 MBP, which has a fan, will basically never get warm.

My M1 MBP will absolutely get hot running games. But yeah, not nearly as hot as my previous Dell XPS would get.

quote:

I ditched Chrome a long time ago in favour of Safari back on my 2014 MBP and for the life of me, I cannot understand why people stick to it. I’ve never encountered an unusable website and the battery life gains from switching were insane.

I don't use Chrome, but there are legit reasons for not wanting to use Safari. Like having other non-Apple devices I want to sync with, or making heavy use of extensions that just don't exist for Safari. I've used vertical tabs and tab groups in my browsers for years now and the complete lack of any decent tab management in Safari makes it annoying for me to browse with. Even the lack of extensions like Augmented Steam or RES add up to make Safari feel like a worse experience, not to mention the loss of ublock origin.

I use Safari to watch streaming media because it doesn't cache the media to disk and uses less battery, but I still use other browsers for everything else.

NuclearWinterUK fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

Quackles posted:

Can I offer everyone a nice Firefox in this trying time?

Yeah, Firefox is my usual browser. Though I've been tinkering with Vivaldi and Edge a bit lately because for some reason I find swiping back/forwards in Firefox to require longer swipes than the other browsers and it leads to me having to repeat the gesture sometimes. There's always something...

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

Violator posted:

Edit: And to really use tab groups you need to have the sidebar open a lot? So you have a huge chunk of the window that is UI grey just sitting there distracting from the content anyway? None of this is cohesive.

I find it completely baffling that it still doesn't seem to be possible to shrink Safari's massive sidebar and make it smaller.

NuclearWinterUK fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 25, 2021

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
Edit: nevermind I'm dumb

NuclearWinterUK fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 6, 2023