Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

e:IGNORE ME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Since I upgraded to Safari 6, when I click a 'go to new post' button on the forums, it scrolls to about 5-6 posts before that. Is this a safari issue or something that needs to be added to the forums code?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I'm a bit surprised Mavericks won't make it in time for back to school. Maybe the rumors of engineers being pulled off of OS X in order to get iOS 7 into shape were true.

Leopard didn't and Snow Leopard didn't, for what it's worth.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I'm downloading Mavericks now, and just so's I know,

Is Mavericks still a boner about partitions? Am I going to have to delete and recreate my Windows partition like I do every year?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser posted:

I'm downloading Mavericks now, and just so's I know,

Is Mavericks still a boner about partitions? Am I going to have to delete and recreate my Windows partition like I do every year?

It is officially not a boner and I guess I was able to keep my windows partition. It didn't bitch at the very least.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Aw man I just found out my iMac (mid-2010) doesn't support airplay so I can't use the sweet new AppleTV feature. Dang, man.

Setting up Airparrot now, we'll see how that goes.

e:
Oh cool there's a new About this mac

Sockser fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 23, 2013

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Didn't know either of those was in ML :shobon:

E: well the mirroring I knew, but I didn't have any use for it, I wanted the third display

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

My apartment is super cold during the winter months, so only within the past few weeks have I gotten back into sitting at my computer and doing computer things rather than hanging out in bed and browsing the forums on my iPad.

It occurs to me that I might as well update to Yosemite, so I go to download it and notice that 1-star reviews basically outnumber everything else combined. I poke around, lots of people complaining that it runs like garbage.

I'm running on a mid-2010 i7 iMac with (I think) 8gb of RAM, so I'm a bit concerned about how the old gal will handle something that people are saying is rubbish on 2012 machines.

Should I hop on the Yosemite train or ride out Mavericks as long as possible?