Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Does anybody know a fix for this:

I create a boot camp partition, click the start installation button and my macbook pro restarts. Then I get stuck at white start up screen where the logo blinks between a a folder with a question mark, the apple logo, and a circle with a line through it. I have tried both windows xp and windows 7 discs both with the same results. I am using an external usb dvd drive if that might be the problem. This is a 2007 non-unibody mbp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

No matter what wallpaper it choose it just ends up as solid aqua blue a half hour later. My life is just a mess if my wallpaper isn't solid blue

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

At this point I have been an autist long enough that cmd space type is much easier than putting words together and making them come out of my mouth. Haven't used desktop Siri even once

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Toe Rag posted:

Is there a DWG viewer that isn't terrible? I bought one off the App Store that had decent reviews, but it's not very good. AutoDesk's A360 works well enough, but it's really inconvenient to have to upload every drawing I want to view, and wait for the website to process it.

On the left is what I bought off the App Store, on the right is A360 (what the drawing actually looks like).

I use DWG TrueView on Windows, but there doesn't seem be a comparable equivalent for macOS :smith:

I just use autocad for viewing dwg, but yeah it's terribly crashy on Mac, the Ui is bad on Mac and also not exactly cheap if you don't have it already. cad stuff is why I have boot camp. If there is a super fast Mac dwg viewer program that can handle many simultaneous open files I would also love to hear its name

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

why doesn't my power button put my mac to sleep anymore, did sierra do this

edit: brilliantly solved by restarting

ethanol fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

. I remember the customer saying something like "16 megs of RAM? Whaddaya need that for? FLYING THE SPACE SHUTTLE?"

Lmao