Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I'm stuck on wireless. The blue bar laughs at me :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

:dance: You are awesome. Thank you.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

dexter6 posted:

Why do people keep saying this? Mail.app works perfectly for with Gmail. Or maybe I'm missing something?

You aren't. It works fine.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Anyone had a problem with 1Password for iPhone not syncing with dropbox\mac desktop version? I get an error that says it can't find the file but I look in my dropbox folder and its definitely in there. AgileBits forum has people with the same issue but no fix

edit: Fixed it

Irritated Goat fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 15, 2011

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Is 10.7.2 worth finding the GM for or just waiting? I wasn't sure if the iCloud stuff was going to be reset pre official release

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Stoat posted:

Updating my iPhone to 5 deleted all of my contacts. Any chance I can find them again? Nothing is on iCloud, apparently :argh:

I ran into this too. Once I added a new contact and synced my phone, they all came back

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I'm looking for a way to sync bookmarks across my macs and 1 PC. I currently use Chrome across all of them but want to use Safari as well so chrome sync doesn't work in this case. I've thought of using Dropbox but not sure how that would work against 2 different browsers. Suggestions? Ideas?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Is there a good way to tame my menu bar? It's getting a bit unruly with everything wanting to put itself up there. I've tried Bartender but it doesn't seem to work well.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

wizard sticks posted:

Just drag things off you don't want by holding option and clicking + dragging them down.

Doesn't seem to be working. Latest build of lion. Tried on Evernote, Alfred and Mozy

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

ZeeBoi posted:

All I have is f.lux, time machine, wireless and the clock. If an app offers to put an icon in the menu bar I never allow it to do so, or turn it off.

I'm cleaning mine up too. I'm considering uninstalling apps just cause they only live in the menu bar and I don't necessarily need them.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
No news on Mountain Lion or has the earnings call not happened yet?

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

I'm tempted to do a wipe\reload on ML release. Just don't know if it's worth it.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I got lucky. My download started :dance: Mountain Lion, here I come...in a few hours when my lovely connection downloads it all

App Store lists it as "OS X Mountain Lion GM Seed"

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Does anyone use the Dashboard? I know I've seen a couple for weather and package tracking but is there anything else really worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Can I sell a MBP with Mountain Lion if the purchaser didn't buy it?

If so, how can I set the MBP up to be ready for him? Just boot from recovery?