Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Is it possible to burn a DVD after running the install? I thought making a boot disc was officially supported, so I ran through the process expecting to see some option somewhere. When I didn't see it, I searched Google. Everything I found said to go into the "Install Mac OS X Lion" package, but after installing, it seems to have deleted itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

If I'm gonna download it again, I'm gonna download it on the other Mac that needs updating. The App Store isn't giving me an "Installed" button that isn't clickable on that Mac. Just an "Install" button, which I can click.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

mistermojo posted:

Is anyone else using the Performance MX mouse?

I had it set up to open Expose with the lower thumb button through the Logitech Control Center, but now it's not working (probably because it's Mission Control).

Does anyone know how I could fix this, or do I have to wait for a Logitech update?

This is a few pages old, but it relates to a rant I want to make. Yes there is an update.

edit: I see nobody actually replied to this. There is an update available, and it relates to the following rant.

I was downloading Xcode from the App Store, and I decided to run the Logitech update while it was downloading, thinking after I restarted it could resume from where it left off. I was wrong. gently caress! I was more than 2.5 GB through the download, and now I'm downloading it again from scratch.

Anyone else have this issue with an App Store download?

:argh:

zergstain fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 21, 2011

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

Anybody else notice that the Yosemite installer didn't touch the recovery partition? I'd like to have that updated so I can do a clean install.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

MrMoo posted:

Clean installs are also downloaded from the network.

I wasn't sure it wouldn't download the same version as on the partition. Is that still the case if the recovery drive has Mavericks?

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

eddiewalker posted:

It's not enabled yet. Install iOS 8.1 on Monday.

It's been working for me since iOS 8.0. A little finicky though. Only thing I can think of is to check the hardware requirements and make sure everything supports handoff.

8.1 enables instant hotspot and SMS relay.

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

gnrk posted:

So, I haven't heard any reports back from anyone who has installed this. What's the verdict? Is there a verdict? I suppose if it was bricking machines, I would've heard something...

Seems to not be horrible. I'm not sure I wouldn't have just waited for the final release, but I came home from work a couple nights ago to find that it had auto-installed while I was gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zergstain
Dec 15, 2005

I just learned that there are 2 release builds of macOS 10.12.1, the first build 16B2555, and then build 16B2657 which was released on the 27th, and includes some more touch bar stuff. So it looks like they were planning a separate build to avoid leaks regarding the new MBP, but some idiot still managed to put the wrong stuff in the wrong build. I wonder if they still work for Apple.