Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Yeast posted:

Not that I can really think of, but this can happen to any of the Unibodies. Their bottom plate can sometimes not be seated correctly, does it happen if you press lightly in the centre of the plate when the machine is off the desk?

No, it happens when I press on the palmrests on either side of the trackpad. I actually took the bottom plate off and reseated it, but guess I'll have to get it looked at.

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Selklubber posted:

See if all the legs are touching when it's on a flat surface. Put some thin tape on it or return it.

Yeah, they do - it sounds like something is clicking into/out of place under the palmrests (which is weird since it's unibody). I guess I'll just try to get a replacement since it's starting to get really loving annoying.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Foiltha posted:

Anyone had a problem with their MBA going to sleep after just waking up? Mine seems to do this randomly every now and then. It wakes up from sleep, I log in, start browsing something and suddenly it goes back to sleep again. When I wake it up again and log in, it doesn't do this anymore. It's a minor inconvenience, but still, anyone have any clues?

Bringing to an Apple store is out of the question, because the nearest one isn't even in this country.

I've had this happen only on 10.9; going back to 10.8.4 fixed it for me.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

spoof posted:

Just ordered a 13" rMBP from the refurb store, partially on a whim. Was looking at the 13" MBA for Haswell purposes, but was turned off by the screen. Aside from battery life, am I likely to miss much by not waiting for the refresh? Need to have something in my hands by the end of September, mostly for web browsing/dev and Lightroom. It's replacing a Q9550-based desktop PC so performance is likely going to be fine either way.

I'm also trying to wrap my head around the "Early 2013" model rMBP. As far as I can see, nothing changed for the 13" model except for adding a faster CPU option. Is this right?

While I can't speak for the 13" rMBP, I have a 2013 13" MBA with the 1.7 GHz Core i7 and it's roughly equivalent in speed (and actually faster at some tasks) to my old Q9550-based Hackintosh that I had overclocked to 3.4 GHz; I suspect the rMBP will be about the same or possibly faster.