Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Pickled Tink posted:

No. In the middle it will be too prominent and result in far too many incinerations, which defeats the point of making the characters in the first place with skills and poo poo. Instead put four 2x2 pools of lava outside the corners of the middle open 3x3 patch so that fighters can reach each other just fine and have a bit of space for a fight before they smash each other outwards and into the lava. Also, move the walls out a tile and install a lava moat if it's not too much work.

gently caress it. Just got it done in the text editor. This:

Edit: Yes, I appreciate the irony of complaining about there being too many incinerations with lava and suggesting an alternative arena with literally 20 times as much lava.

I'll second this arrangement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Bad Munki posted:

So what I'm hearing here is that I won by TKO, we just need to update the arena site accordingly.

Dammit, this is the only bet I got right, you can't take this away from me :argh:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

First Round Casualty is ready to die!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Bad Munki posted:

I have officially placed all of my money against my dad's obvious bet-baiting and am counting on whatever exploit he may or may not have discovered not helping him at all in the first round at least. :colbert:

And thus it was secured that my fighter's name would be certain to come true.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Well, looks like I picked the wrong time to do some last minute editing...

It appears i'm locked out now...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Jazzimus Prime posted:

... Eh, I've gone ahead and rolled it back for now, with a hard deadline of 1 AM Eastern / midnight Central / 10 PM Pacific time.

You might be able to convince Spermy to potentially give up his spot again for a Battle Royale, but I can't make any promises on his behalf.

Thanks. I've got the worst luck with stuff like that.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Bad Munki posted:

I know, right? It's absurd. I mean, look at this.

Not only is there not nearly enough money on the fight, it's all obviously on the wrong side. :confused:

You all know I gave him an adamantine maul, right?

That kind of makes me want to bet on it more, if anything.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

This life insurance scam is starting to feel like a bad idea.

I SAID DIE IN THE FIRST ROUND, DAMMIT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THE SEMIS?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I'm not sure how to feel about getting outmaneuvered like this in the betting....

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

First Round, Last Round, close enough. Everyone knows the tournament doesn't really star until the finals, anyway.

Anyway, my build in case you're curious:

He has the following equipment.
Iron Helm
Steel Breast Plate
Steel Greaves
Iron Gauntlets
Iron Low Boots

He has the following skills.
Level 14 Fighting (Grand Master)
Level 14 Wrestling (Grand Master)
Level 6 Striking (Talented)
Level 14 Biting (Grand Master)
Level 14 Dodging (Grand Master)
Level 6 Armor (Talented)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

A definitely sounds the most interesting. Though there would have to be a couple groundrules or at least an unofficial 'no total bullshit' rule.

• Locked thread