Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Beware serpentman Really Witty Name! Fuubi the tiger(wo)man needs a new pair of boots.

...ran out of points before I could buy some, see?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Aaaand there goes most of my money down the drain...

...useless minotaur

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

goatface posted:

Good at weapon is pretty good in round one.

Just out of curiosity, how many points in whatever chosen weapon skill is considered "good"?

I'm curious how much my poor tigerwoman will underperform due to lack of skills.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
whoa I'm up next~! And against a snakeperson to boot!

So a quick, venomous death for me eh? I suggest placing all your bets on the one with a really witty name and not on the one with the really boring name. :cheeky:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spermy Smurf posted:

Fuubi carrying a huge bronze sword and a smattering of armor. Most surprising is the heavy silver shield.
I really need to read up on stuff for next time...

Spermy Smurf posted:

Congrats to fuubi for losing the shortest fight of the tournament. 16 lines of combat was all it took!

Yay, I did something! :haw:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bad Munki posted:

Even in being the most loserest I cannot succeed.

It was probably just a fluke. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll suck the most again next time...

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ooh, sounds like someone needs to think about starting up a fantasy arena challenge site soon, cause this is getting serious! :cheeky:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spermy Smurf posted:

16 hours and I will be ruining the third place match with terrible, unfunny commentary.

All bets in? Fighters updated?

That commentary must be even unfunnier than expected!

Or, the fight was so long Spermy ran out of terrible things to say!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
My Nashbash is in and her build is something I'm not sure has been tried (and failed) before. Let's just say, this time I'm betting everything in my opponent.

Just hoping this guy will last longer than the last one. :cheeky:

Edit: name

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Whoa, deja vu...

Seems my fighter ended up in the last fight of the first round, just like in the last tournament... :argh:

Just my luck I guess~ :sweatdrop:

Edit: aand here's another excellent example of my luck. Great fight by the way!

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Aug 6, 2015

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jack the Lad posted:

Awesome, that means I may be up next.

Well done, commissioners; we're really blazing through this tournament so far.

May the worst gremlin lose~! :cheeky:

And I agree, well done so far!

Edit: aand the fight is done!
Note to self, Grandmaster dodger is not the way to success... unless betting on my opponent and winning a nice little sum can be considered success. :cheeky:

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 7, 2015

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bene Elim posted:

Jeremy Corbyn wins in a flawless victory and advances to the quarter finals!

I knew that would happen! Any fighter strong enough to defeat one of my builds is going to go through the rest of the rabble like a legendary miner through a soil layer. :cheeky:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
A and B both sound fun to me.

I can see making your own arena to give your team a slight advantage something fun to make. There ahould be rules of course so that madly placed lava drops or unreachable ledges and such would be no-no, but maybe a few strategically placed walls could favor a melee team over a ranged one. Of course this could be balanced with a ranged team having a few strategically placed chasms to turn melee fighters into target practice as they take the long way around.

And by the way, if you make your own arena, can you choose the starting point for each team or will that be randomized? Will you start grouped, or spread out in the corners? How will that work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Urist McLee has entered the fray!

Edit: Oops! Going to the new thread now!

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 13, 2015

• Locked thread