Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

This comic is way better than I was expecting. The early parts were kind of hard to read because it was more sad and familiar than sad and funny in a way.

That said, Asotil is literally the greatest thing.

I'll admit, everything turned around at Countass' dinner. Just when you think Katia is about to fall even lower, Asotil busts in the most epic way possible.

Also, I love the answer, to his own question, "How do you think I became part of the Imperial Guard the most elite and selective fighting force in all of Cyrodill?"

"Drugs."

"Oh, and practice"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Kgummy posted:

The only thing I'm afraid of is that Asotil will accidentally die sometime later in the adventure, and Katia will be blamed for it, and end up in the Imperial Jail.

I suspect that Gro-upp will kill him, which makes me afraid as well.

And I like both of them, all though Gro-upp is a bit of a jerk.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dolash posted:

That just makes me wonder if there's a specific soldier patrolling in Oblivion that Asotil is meant to represent. Then again if he dies in the story and is replaced by some other patrolling legionnaire we wouldn't know.

I've taken it as Asotil is every soldier of the Imperial Legion.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dolash posted:

Calling it now. He's going to take the ring and wear it. Then later Katia is going to encounter him again and try to throw a fireball at him, which will fail because of his newfound fire-resistance ring.

How do we know it's a fire-resistance ring? It just says Ring of Firewalking. It could very well only cover Gro-Upp's feet.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

So is this supposed to end with Katja staring at the shopkeeper or is there something else I'm not considering?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I don't know, the dude looks ecstatic to be receive a letter from Quill-Weave. Although him spitting into it does make me think that it's something nasty.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Eggie posted:

Katia Managan
2011-2012 (or whatever year she was born/year it is in the ES universe)

It's just that Kazerad wants to do a Skyrim Prequel is all.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Filthy Haiku posted:

My theory is that Sigrid is using Alchemy to create love potions to make rich, affluent people fall in love with her and give her and the guild money/support/lots of paintings.

Think about it. :tinfoil:

I hadn't thought about that. I was thinking more that her and Stephane are magical thieves. Which still could happen even if she's making love potions to make rich, affluent people fall in love with her.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Kept expecting the last panel to cut away to "You are now Brother Martin".

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

OriginalPseudonym posted:

Every one of those stairs is a static image in an html element. They have individual functions to make them move from side to side, and a second function that moves them vertically inside their encompassing element based on the distance you've scrolled down the page.

Gotta say, that's pretty fuckin sweet.

Is that how Kazerad is pulling off some of the animations? I notice that he has single-play animations that seem to start up whenever your scroll to them, like the sword throwing one.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Kazerad posted:

What browser are you using? I'm on Chrome, and was having some trouble with that animation last night as well. Sometimes it wasn't looping, or only played when I scrolled to it, or even slowed down the gifs above and below it? It seemed to get worse the longer the tab was open. It works fine in IE, and I haven't tested Firefox.

If this is Chrome-specific it seems to be something that only cropped up in the newer versions. If it's cross-browser, then I might be doing something wrong with the saving/uploading.

I'm using Chrome and the sword-throwing animation was the only one not looping.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

DrSunshine posted:

It needs to be animated as she's playing it.

I want her to stick her tongue out like Gene Simmons and shaking her head like she's having a seizure.

Now that's guitar fire wizardry.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Gnome de plume posted:

drat it, not the sandwich, not like that. Katia needs the carbs for the big competition.

She could have picked it up and brushed it off but I think the three second rule applies.

I'm fairly certain that's what she did anyway. It's still good. All those recently-introduced microbes are just extra proteins.

Let's face it, she's desperate enough to do that.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Blackheart posted:

If by hero he means player character, then yeah that explains the alchemy bullshit.

That's what I think he means, or a way for Kazerad to bring up CHIM without getting too into the bullshit metaness of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Iced Cocoa posted:

New update.

I like how his story about Vivec makes as much sense as any of the other tales about Vivec. But I guess he wasn't the one that penned the Sermons, not insane enough storytelling.

I see Vivec is Vin Diesel.

Wait, that actually makes sense, considering Diesel's D&D character was a DrowDark Elf.

• Locked thread