Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Every time I reread this comic because I'm bored at work I discover something new in the Kvatch flash. How I went through it three times without discovering the dance-off is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cat Mattress posted:

TES uses the pretext of "vampire clans" to explain away having completely different game mechanics for vampirism in each game.

And then they ignore all that and make Skyrim vampires boring and same-y instead of the kickass frozen-lake dwelling beings that can travel through solid ice that books in morrowind said they would be.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ursine Asylum posted:

Someone hasn't played Dawnguard yet.

I have. Calling them same-y isn't true I guess, but they certainly aren't what you'd expect them to be based on the lore presented in previous games (and are significantly lamer than what they could have been).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pyradox posted:

I wonder just how much you'd have to tweak it to get authentic sounding procedural dialogue. Like if you would have to include tags for verbose characters, or parts where catchphrases could be added in.

That would be pretty cool if there was a line where a character could decide to use a catchphrase more and that was added to their dialogue as a verbal tic.

I really want to try writing something like this now. Though I think you'd probably have to have a pretty rigidly structured and/or linear story to build it around.

Computer-produced speech is one of those things that's perpetually 20 years away. Word substitutions is basically the best you can do without a strong linguistics background, and even with that, doing anything more advanced is incredibly tricky.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pollyanna posted:

Ketchup is fine, but tomatoes will never not be gross.

Finally, someone who gets it. I swear 2/3 of everything in every restaurant has tomatoes in it.

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 17, 2013

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So what I got from that was that it's now canon that Katia is terrible at jumping with the right timing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I have never successfully solved one of these stupid things without hints in my life.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Afraid of Audio posted:

Oh dear god shut up.

How dare Kazerad tell the story people have been talking about for two pages! The nerve of some people!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Katia did just destroy the shop's attic, so I don't think the rewards will exactly be flowing in.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CrashCat posted:

Is that even really possible? Sigrid seems to have the whole overpowered player character thing locked up tight, the best Katia can hope for is a low tier NPC.

Sigrid is an actual NPC in oblivion. She's a random NPC in the Kvatch refugee camp.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Who What Now posted:

Please don't because nobody really gives a poo poo.

I'd find it interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So what you're saying is that the last time you saw a cat, you updated?

• Locked thread