Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ntan1 posted:

Hard Mode

> Get into a fight without a surprise CHANCE attack. Oops there's an Anubis without any resists.

> He immediately takes the first attack. AOE with a crit on somebody

> He does another attack.

> Oh wait he gets a third attack again and immediately one shots your main character.

> Would you like to begin from the last Save Room? Or Quit the Game?

Seems like you would not want to play on hard then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I haven't seen any of the designs for the ultimate Personas, but I think it's kinda weird how all of the initial ones are Western mythological figures that have never been used in Persona before... and then the evolved versions are all ones that have been in the series for years. As neat as it is to see stuff like Zorro and the Three Musketeers referenced in Persona, 4's were more thematically consistent.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ImpAtom posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people had that kind of feeling.

Makoto does have a nuclear pope motorcycle which is a very strong point in her favor.

Makoto using her sick pope motorcycle and talking about beating the poo poo out of the fat capitalist demon in that first trailer certainly made a strong impression on me. I'll wait to see how the characters come off in the English localization and how their VAs are, I guess.

While we're on the subject of the combat niches of party members, are the healing skills spread out like the buffs/debuffs or are there one or two healer characters?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
What are your guys' favorite non-party member Coops? I've seen people say that Temperance is great along with the max rank benefit being totally broken from a gameplay perspective, what other ones have you found enjoyable and/or useful?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

ImpAtom posted:

Hm, that's tough. I like Tae (Death) and Sadayo (Temperence) most of all I think. Tae is fun and has some great dialogue options and Sadayo's is just great.

How's Fortune? I like her character design, and getting extra points for the other links makes it seem like a good one to prioritize early.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

wet your whistlers mother posted:

Also DC Douglas was confirmed to be in P5 as one of the voices and I can tell you he's probably voicing Igor, the fifth target, or the seventh target and doing double duty as a coop or two, probably Munehisa.

Douglas is great so I'm down for this

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Between this thread and the wiki I've already spoiled myself really badly on most of the really big stuff, but I did that for P4 too and still loved it so whatever.

Just 135 days to go...

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Demi-Fiend did all the poo poo he did on his own with only his fists and some creepy bugs in his guts. Nanashi has, at the very least, a Mary Sue god in him giving him a power boost, not to mention possibly the power of friends who arent huge dicks.

Creepy bugs he got from Lucifer, to be fair

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Got an email from Atlus this morning teasing reveal videos for the English P5 voice cast. If they can officially credit them I guess that means it's a union gig after all?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So if DC Douglas is actually in the game he's gotta be playing Shido, right? I could totally buy his voice for that character.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I think her lines from that trailer all sound pretty good, better than the bits of Ryuji's English VA we've gotten so far at least. Weird that they released her trailers second and not the ones for Morgana or Ryuji.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I just expected him to sound more... angry considering what we know about the character. I know everyone's sick of Troy Baker these days but comparing the Ryuji lines in that trailer to Kanji is a really stark difference.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Has Meguro given any indication that he wants to retire any time soon? Not that it's a bad thing to have more up and coming composers in the ranks, of course.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Captain Baal posted:

More vids of the Confidants, they got Marie to voice Hifumi and Yukari to voice Sadayo. Idk who's voicing Toransuke, they're all pretty good though, why do all of the Confidants sound like they were better casted than the main cast?

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/19/atlus-lets-get-close-3-persona-5-confidants/

I'd hazard to guess that they casted more notable (and therefore more expensive) actors for the ancillary characters because they don't have nearly as much dialogue to record and therefore fewer sessions to pay for

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Motto posted:

They announced they're doing the Utawaremono games last week or so.

I got an email about that, what the hell are those? The announcement wasn't particularly clear.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Sudou is probably a pun on the English prefix 'pseudo', since Sudou is an evil mirror to Tatsuya in a manner similar to Adachi and the P4 protagonist.

And yes, Sudou's role in Innocent Sin makes more sense when you play Eternal Punishment.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

DalaranJ posted:

This may or may not be related to the Tarot concept of reversed cards. It's never been clear to me how big a role the Arcana are really supposed to play.

Sudou's Persona (in IS) is specifically called Reverse Vulcanus, so I'd say it's not a coincidence.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Nate RFB posted:

The first 1:40 of it is amazing but it loses me a bit once it gets to the Velvet room singing.

Are you crazy, the vocals are what makes the song

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
He sounds fine to me, although I do kind of miss Dan Woren's take on the character.

I didn't expect the Velvet Room mechanics to use such... vivid portrayals of executions, wow.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

GoneRampant posted:

Odd that they're not getting Igor's old VA back. I know they recast for the Japanese version since his old VA died, but I'm curious why it was done here.

... I say as if I didn't spoil myself on the game after it was pushed back from Valentine's Day.

It could just be a coincidence, they've recasted a bunch of Persona characters recently for a variety of reasons.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 24, 2017

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
But it's the reboot version, just to make sure that absolutely nobody is happy

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

He just really wants to let you know that he's gonna renovate your rear end

Are you sayin' I like dudes

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Here's my opinion on the P5 dub:

Makoto, Futaba, and especially Ryuji and Morgana are good. I don't understand why Baal says Igor sucks because I think his (first) new voice is great, although I do kind of miss the original English VA too. Sojiro is also great, even if it's just Jamieson Price doing his usual thing. DC Douglas is great as Kamoshida but I still think it would have been better if he had been cast as Shido. I guess it makes sense if they wanted to preserve the Gundam reference though. I liked Okumura's English voice, for what little we get of it in the grand scheme of things.

Haru and Akechi are bad, although I don't necessarily blame Haru's actress so much because she gets so little to do in comparison with like every other major character. Kaneshiro is awful and sounds like some dude they just got off the street. Sae has some really bad lines during the interrogation but she's good as the Shadow and post-heart stealing. I don't think the protagonist has a lot of memorable Persona calls (the only one outside of the final cutscene that I remember distinctly liking is Hecatonchires) but I did find myself saying ALRIGHT to myself in his voice a lot for whatever that's worth.

All of the other major characters are varying degrees of 'fine', a bunch of the incidental NPCs are bad but most of them are at least bad in a funny way. It's probably not quite as good as the vanilla P4 dub (I didn't play Golden) overall, and Atlus JP forcing weird pronunciations on certain names for no obvious reason is still really weird, but it certainly didn't hamper my enjoyment of the game. It's funny because I thought Max Mittleman sounded horrible in the initial Ryuji trailer they put out but he ended up being my favorite English VA in the game by a mile. GET WRECKED.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 21, 2017

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Harrow posted:

Honestly the only outright bad voice in Persona 5's dub is the Tower confidant kid, holy poo poo what even happened there

OK yeah, if we're including Confidants then yeah Shinya is awful. I don't even know what Barbara Goodson was going for there, it's not like she hasn't done preteen kids well before.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Don't you need a DDS1 clear save too? Either way I met the requirements and still picked Roland.

Yes, you can't get Heat back without a DDS1 save because it's contingent on a couple of specific dialogue choices in the first game as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I much preferred Devil Survivor 1 to 2, personally. But I didn't play either remastered edition, just the original releases, so that might change things for someone coming in for the first time.