Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Justice posted:

That's right, Overclocked is North America only. Devil Survivor outsold expectations in the US, and Devil Survivor 2 which just came out in Japan will be coming to the west soon.

Wait, is that certain? And if so, is Atlus trying to deliberately hide it? All info sites I can find credit Japanese developers with Overclocked - specifically, they mention Takada as the director. Takada also gave some interviews about the game to Famitsu and such, and it's usually implied in them that the game was developed in Atlus' Japanese studio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Eggn0g posted:

Is this the multiplayer aspect they were talking about? I can't read Japanese, but they kinda look like help messages to me.

They're all messages of encouragement ("Good luck!", "Don't give up!" etc.) with Japanese names/handles below them, so yeah - this seems to be the online thing.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Radish posted:

Is Chie's something like "Meat eating dumped girl?"

"Carnivore beast who cast away her femininity"

None of the characters seem pleased with their assigned titles, though.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Policenaut posted:

For those who are curious, the trophy list for Persona 4 Golden is out. Unfortunately, all the names and descriptions are in Japanese so I don't know what they are and since I haven't played P4 I have no idea whether or not any are spoilers (and I don't really want to see for myself)

There are spoilers for P4's original ending in there. Other than that, there are some trophies related to new game mechanics and locations (some of which I don't think I've heard about before), as well as at least one plot point spoiler for the new stuff.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Nessa posted:

Come on now, that's like the best line in the whole game.

I think it's endearing.

This I don't get.

Persona 4 has an excellent localization, but this is one case where not only the actress gave a less than believable performance, but the line itself is simply badly translated. The translator most likely wanted to use the word "chance" because the original line is simply "CHANSU CHANSU!" without thinking how differently that word is used in casual Japanese.

I understand it was funny, but I personally always in favor of fixing a bad translation/performance to a better one, no matter how nostalgic I am for the former.

But what do I care, I'm getting the game tomorrow.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

There are people here who are already playing Golden, you know. I can tell you exactly what that is.

Yeah, you can get a "reverse lookup" list of what you can currently make and go from there instead of from the double/triple fusion screens. You also get to pick the skills to inherit. There's also an online component that shows you the most popular fusions among players with the same ingredients.

The game has a fuckload of gameplay tweaks, added mechanics and new scenes. I haven't gone more than 10 minutes yet without it throwing something at me that wasn't in the original.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Sex_Ferguson posted:

It's more like I'm playing "Can you spot Laura Bailey in this game's trailers?" And I did it, and won.

Given that the character in question is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro in the Japanese version, the casting is not inappropriate.

Seriously, I feel like that woman has been in every video game I played this past year.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

Bailey's in Fire Emblem Awakening too. :shepface:

So is Miyuki Sawashiro.

I'm a few hours into SMT4 now, and enjoying it quite a bit. This is my first numbered SMT game, and the rumors about the difficulty level weren't exaggerated.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Note for Japanese SMT4 DLC completionists: This week's issue of Famitsu has a code for a Platinum Vest. You get the code even if you buy the digital edition of the magazine.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Bland posted:

The layout and appearance is completely different, idk why people keep saying this.

It wouldn't make sense anyway - this obviously takes place in Tokyo, and Catherine most definitely didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Baal posted:

-Guns are cool and useful. It seems like plenty of enemies are weak to them, but you can also fire multiple bullets before you automatically stop. I don't know if there is a way to resupply without leaving the dungeon, but it seems like your ammo is very small at the start. I also thought guns were single target, but Anne's submachine gun can multiple enemies as long as you keep using the bullets to do so.

The gun tutorial explicitly says each character's bullet supply is fixed for the entire dungeon run and the only way to resupply is to exit the dungeon and come back another day.

(Oh, yeah, I really like the game too)